Domain Empire

How to monetize Arabic traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Houssaine

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone and thanks for your thoughts,

I own a LNNL.com domain with decent traffic (almost 100 visitors per day) but struggle to monetize it (<1$ in revenue so far). The traffic (60% type in and 40% from referrals) is mainly from Arab countries, except a 8% from United Kingdom, with Saudi Arabia counting for 50%.

Checking the domain at archive.org, I've come to the conclusion that the domain was for a website where people used to upload files/photos/ and then use the link to post in other websites, mainly forums.

The domain is parked with voodoo and earns cents( there's clicks and search at the Parking page everyday), so I'm looking for your valuable advices to improve my parking revenues.

Many thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are two way to monetize via parking such a domain imo:

a. taking advantage of the high traffic by serving irrelevant ads using parking services like TheParkingPlace. You will get paid by the seer volume of traffic not by clicks.

b. try to figure out what the visitors are looking for when they come to your domain and set relevant to the domain keywords.

With voodoo you can only *suggest* keywords and not that many at that. Voodoo is a good parking place (among the best) but not for customised keywords imo.
You might want to try DomainSponsor since they have the option to use fully customised keywords or use ParkingCrew.

Now, what kind of keywords you should use?
What I usually do for similar domains like yours is,
I visit the domain in archive.org. I open the source and try to find the keywords they used in the past.
I then try to figure out what is the most relevant keyword term for the domain and use it in adwords to find relevant keywords to the 'relevant keyword' I found earlier.
I pick those that have good searches and CPC (don't forget that they must be relevant) and I use them in either ParkingCrew or DomainSponsor.

The above procedure has proved to be successful for me.
If you see (b) that doesn't work then it's possible the traffic is 'dirty' so to say. I'd choose option (a) if that's the case

•••
Thank you Hypersot. Finding relevant keywords with a decent CPC is what I've been trying to solve. So, I will definitely experiment with your second suggestion in the beginning of next month inshallah.
Again thanks

•••
go to redirect.com they will help you monetize it.

•••
Agree with above answer you can get better idea by visiting redirect.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back