NameSilo

WebHostPlus.com screwed me over

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I own Jakesweb.net, and I paid for hosting at xignahosting.com (which webhostplus.com owns) and they stole my domain basically =/ as you can see It goes to a parked page! BEWARE :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Have you tried contacting them to see what's the issue?

•••
That is one serious Offense..What have you done afterwards..

•••
Jakey, how did they hijack it? Was your domain locked? Did you approve for transfer?

•••
Well basically, ive lost my main website / project. Ive sent them and email about 3 days ago with no respond, ill have a nice chat via PHONE with them.

•••
SO, did you lose it or did they take it?

My next question is how you lose a DN?

•••
they took it
I purchased everything, and they set it up for me, xignahosting.com, and now I have nothing =/ They changed the nameservers and now its NOTHING! everything ive worked on for about a year = GONE!

•••
It doesnt like like it expired, it is soon. I hope it was something crazy and they give it back!

Let us know what happs

RickyG

•••
Jakesweb.net is registered with www.enom.com . Have you contacted them?

•••
•••
NameCheap = reseller for Enom. And check into it fast, as domain expires on the 23rd of this month

•••
yes, namecheap....but it will be hard to prove. Roll up your sleeve and be ready to give a blood sample..........

•••
RickyG said:
yes, namecheap....but it will be hard to prove. Roll up your sleeve and be ready to give a blood sample..........
:td:

•••
maximum said:
NameCheap = reseller for Enom. And check into it fast, as domain expires on the 23rd of this month
Yes, but I doubt eNom will do anything about it.

•••
What i want to now is how did the take his domain...He must have approved the transfer

•••
If you registered the domain name and signed up for webhosting with xigna, it
appears they registered the domain name under their name instead of yours:

http://www.iwhois.com/index.php?domain=Jakesweb.net&tld=com&lookup=Lookup&clean=1

Domain name: jakesweb.net

Registrant Contact:
Xigna Hosting
Luke Dyson (lukelukedyson.com)
+44.07793200938
Fax: +1.5555555555
71 Westway
Raynes Park
London, EN SW20 9LT
US

Administrative Contact:
Xigna Hosting
+44.07793200938
71 Westway
Raynes Park
London, EN SW20 9LT
US

Technical Contact:
Xigna Hosting
+44.07793200938
71 Westway
Raynes Park
London, EN SW20 9LT
US

Name Servers:
dns1.name-services.com
dns2.name-services.com
dns3.name-services.com
dns4.name-services.com
dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 23 Jan 2005 08:49:50
Expiration date: 23 Jan 2006 08:49:50

If the person listed above is the owner of xigna, his blog is lukedyson.com.

•••
Sounds somewhat familar, I got a free .name from 1and1 and when they registered they put themselves at the sponsoring owner..now they refuse to let me have access to the name even though it is still registered in my name....Watchout for compnaies offering free domains with a purchase of a hosting plan. ;)

•••
This is why you NEVER register a domain at a host. EVER!

They usually use their info or have a reseller account which doesn't give you proper control. It's best to use an accredited registrar then find a host. They should be seperate purchases. I know some registrars offer hosting and some hosts offer registrar. For some reason it's never a good combination.

•••
So What Did happen in the End

•••
labrocca said:

They usually use their info or have a reseller account which doesn't give you proper control. It's best to use an accredited registrar then find a host. They should be seperate purchases. I know some registrars offer hosting and some hosts offer registrar. For some reason it's never a good combination.

Hey Labrocca... i completely agree.. I believe that's 2 in a row :lol:

•••
WebHostPlus.com owns XignaHosting.com
which is where i bought my hosting

•••
labrocca said:

Quite a number of clients purchase domains through me simple because it's easier for them to buy through me than it is to scower web for low prices. I then register it for them at one of the good sites, usually godaddy, domainsite, etc, and just push them the domain. If they don't want to pay, I link them to a good registrar. Some hosts hold the domain, if so, that just means they're not the best host. But not all hosts will withhold domains from clients!

Oh, haha, look what I just found.

http://www.webhostplus.com/cp-plus-hosting.asp

Look at the screenshot, at the right - it actually says, "License: trial"
:D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back