Dynadot

discuss We might be underestimating .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
XYZ seems to be having immense potential. Why do I say that? Coz I experienced it myself:

Over the past 1 hour, I have been trying to register 2-word meta .xyz names in response to the below thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/20-month-experimentation-i-do-what-you-tell.1261812/

I looked for NameBio sales and tried registering .XYZ for the same terms. While I could find 5+ .net and other extensions already available, finding an available .xyz has been impossible.

This is not the first instance. The way we are seeing sales in .xyz especially by DNGear, there definitely seems to be a lot more to XYZ than meets the eye.

nTLDstats shows that .xyz is the new TLD with a 15% market share, 100% above .online with 7.5%.
What's your thought on .xyz? Are you building your portfolio of .xyz as well?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is the name bolt.xyz "next level"? Why is it better than, say, caps.xyz?

The first thing I think of with "bolt" is a retired sprinter, whereas (market) "caps" are all crypto bores drone on about.

So a rusty thing that closes a termite infested outhouse door sold for ~$80000.
And cool fashion accessories that keep your head warm in winter sold for ~$250.

XYZ is just a total lottery; completely unpredictable.

The XYZ Queen herself has probably 75% of the top dictionary words, many far better than bolt, 100% of the hype and promotion surrounding XYZ, and 19000 of her names have not sold, yet people seem to think all you need to do is buy an XYZ and wait for some idiot millionaire to roll up looking to waste money.

(Cue obligatory anon downvotes that happen in every XYZ thread to anyone who posts something that isn't hyping the cult.)

So buy it and make an easy $60k+ profit.
Theres a lot of salt in this comment. I'll leave it at that.

•••
Ya, that's the downside of opinions. People have different opinions and that is alright.
🙌👏👍👌👌✌️ Thank you!!

I think we're over estimating .xyz and it's all hype, but I do wish everyone the best in their investments. I won't be bitter when you lot make a load of XYZ profits and I don't.

•••
I own wines.xyz and whiskey.xyz

My partner and I may put them up at the ROTD auction

Last year was offered $15K for wines.xyz and didn’t sell,

•••
•••
I've recently sold a .xyz for low $xx,xxx so the potential is definitely there. I will post the sale on Twitter once I get the .eth equivalent of the name.
Fantastic! Looking forward to it.

•••
WRT .COM... It stopped being merely a domain extension decades ago, and to most people basically is The Internet. A punctuation mark completing a domain name the way "dot" finishes a sentence, and a literal dictionary word (with 200+ registrations under other extensions).

Give people a website without an extension and we all know what most of them will try first.

There are about 155 million (that's 155,000,000) more .COMs registered than .XYZs; more .COMs registered than every other extension put together in fact. There is simply no contest.

TLD.png

.COM isn't used by "old people" (a particularly idiotic line of argument), it's used by almost everybody, unless they can't get the name they want.

People might register a ccTLD even if the .COM is available if their site/business is region specific, or a .ORG if the .COM is available but a commercial TLD is inappropriate for their project.

Every other extension, including XYZ, is only ever registered because the .COM is not available.

Google would simply not be using .XYZ if the .COMs they wanted had been available and nobody would register 20,000 XYZs if the same words were available for < $10 under .COM.

This is not about being a .COM "maxi" or being "old" or any other nonsense arguments, it's just stating facts.

•••
I don’t know mad

Lots of interesting advantages coming into play w/ .xyz - one of those being their partnership w/ Ethereum - yea that Ethereum, the second most popular crypto and the main crypto-currency used for NFT and Metaverse transactions

Interesting is an understatement, to have the ability to pay or receive crypto from someone on an authorized DNS extension - simply by typing in their domain w/ the .xyz / that’s pretty powerful / loads of potential
Come on guy …realistically the hype is real..extension is powerfully overrated

Ps; @dncafe I’m not saying the “investment” is worthless

Last edited:
•••
I’m building my bag on single word xyz domains in specific niches. I know I have a few diamond domains that have potential to break xyz sales records, but we’ll see…
Great! I think XYZ is going to be on fire soon over the next 2-3 years. Of course, talking about the 1-word names here. Not sure about the 2-words though.

I feel dumb for sleeping on .xyz..

My only good one that is DNgear level is probably Terrains.xyz..

Got it for under $100 last week. Seller didn't understand the potential of the domain if not they won't have sold now..

I see a lot of use of terrain/terrains when discussing metaverse land + geospatial mapping which are cornerstone for the metaverse/digital twins/smart cities etc..
Well, all the best! I don't think it's the best, but you know your names better! Names like Bolt are next level.

I have a few xyz domains. Some of them are meta names and one 3L.
Well, price them handsomely and see what 2022 has for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back