Dynadot

domain WashingtonRedskins dot tv - Not trademark Infringing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Looking for appraisals and to possibly flip it soon

Note: No trademark infringement here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How is this no TM issue lol

Worth $0 either way

•••
•••
The OP is correct. The Redskins TM has been dissolved per the latest court ruling.

•••
Yet would probably still lose a UPRP as panels know where the money is. And doesn't mean one can show NFL videos And "Redskins" is a sinking ship of a term. Feels Zero to Fansite of the old days. Goodluck

•••
"The team doesn’t immediately lose trademark protection and is allowed to retain it during an appeal, which is likely."

•••
so does a ruling like this mean we can't say things like "red skinned potatoes?" or "white flesh potatoes" instead of the "yellow flesh ones"
was this really an issue? I never heard a thing about it till now. Wonder where it stops?

•••
"The team doesn’t immediately lose trademark protection and is allowed to retain it during an appeal, which is likely."

From the article which makes sense...

"The ruling does not force the team to abandon the name, but does allow others to use it without risking patent infringement litigation."

•••
The domain in question is worth $0 and as Johname said, the Redskins brand is a sinking ship. No reason to get on board now!

•••
Some guy could have The Washington Redskins Hotdog Stand across the street of the stadium now lol People might do that to get attention, and if they want a dot tv domain, scoreboard!

mis-chiff they have a native American on their helmet, so it cant be compared to red skin potatoes

•••
So, I wonder if any of the idiots clamoring for the redskins to change their name have also picketed BET.COM, asking them to change their company name from "Black Entertainment Television".

As for this domain, worth less than $0, imo. If you started actually generating revenue, you risk losing all of it plus legal fees trying to hold onto the name.

•••
Not a TM, because Washington is changing their name..... But, why would you reg such an offensive name anyway?

$0

•••
From the article which makes sense...
"The ruling does not force the team to abandon the name, but does allow others to use it without risking patent infringement litigation."

What does a patent have to do with anything?
It's under appeal. It will be overturned by the supreme court.

I think they should just change their logo and not the name:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 67
•••
So, I wonder if any of the idiots clamoring for the redskins to change their name have also picketed BET.COM
Huge difference!

BET is targeting a certain audience, similar to the Food Network. The Redskins are basically using a derogatory term as a name for their franchise.

•••
Huge difference!
BET is targeting a certain audience, similar to the Food Network. The Redskins are basically using a derogatory term as a name for their franchise.

What if we decided now that the term "black" was derogatory and we should use another term 20 years from now?
Or more realistically, should we challenge the NCAAP's, name? I don't think my friends would be happy if I called them colored.

I think we should force the renaming of Nigeria, yes the country :) lol

•••
Huge difference!

Who says it's derogatory, though? I think it is highly suspect to remove a trademark like that, after decades of branding/investment. None of the Washington Redskin branding has to do with the suppression of Native Americans. At the very least, I would think that the government would owe the Washington Redskin corporate office several billion in lost branding from decades of government backed approval that is suddenly reversed on a whim.

Do you think it's okay to create the Black Food Network? For food that black people like. Is that derogatory or not?

Last edited:
•••
Also offensive

500.JPG

And of course:
uncle-bens-rice.png

You know he's not an "Uncle" right?

•••
Did you know this guy was actually Italian, saw a documentary on how the media has portrayed Native Americans over the years:

•••
What if we decided now that the term "black" was derogatory and we should use another term 20 years from now?
Or more realistically, should we challenge the NCAAP's, name? I don't think my friends would be happy if I called them colored.

I think we should force the renaming of Nigeria, yes the country :) lol

Nobody just decides, as you put it.

•••
Who says it's derogatory, though? I think it is highly suspect to remove a trademark like that, after decades of branding/investment. None of the Washington Redskin branding has to do with the suppression of Native Americans. At the very least, I would think that the government would owe the Washington Redskin corporate office several billion in lost branding from decades of government backed approval that is suddenly reversed on a whim.

Do you think it's okay to create the Black Food Network? For food that black people like. Is that derogatory or not?
Decades of doing something wrong doesn't make it right. Slavery immediately comes to mind as plantation owners had financial gain from a shitty system.

My guess is that you would be against a team called the Washington N*gg*rs, at least I hope. No difference between my example and the current team name.

•••
My point was more that, if you are going down this road, then you better do it equally; and Black Entertainment Television is , imo, making a point of saying black people should be treated differently. It's Entertainment for Black People. Blacks cannot watch ABC or CBS or CNN or ESPN and feel equal, they need to have a channel just their own. And, please, save the nuanced insinuation that I might be racist ( 'at least I hope' ), I would hope that we could have a lively discussion about what is or is not racism without baseless assertions as to what one hopes is another's character.

Getting back to the domain in this thread, still $0 imo, despite the trademark issue.

•••
•••
Here is a good one:

Should it lose the appeal, the team couldn’t use the federal registration symbol and would be unable to register with the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Service to prevent the import of counterfeit goods.

•••
Man one bad domain stirs up a hornets nest :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back