Dynadot

news Was DomainNames.com just sold?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Josh R

Josh.coTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In 2011 Yinan Wang sold creditcard.net for $138,000 and moremoney.com for $67,000 in 2017.

Last edited:
•••
Buyer is a member here at NP.

•••
High 5-figures to 1xx,xxx

•••
I think this is definitely the #1 domain for domains. We all know how domainers are stingy with their own domain names. Which might lower the price. New Ventures know about domains. I think they would not sell this domain for less than $250K. I came up with that figure out of my head. FWIW, I then looked up Estibot who values it at $330k. And they may be right. Remember $250K was my starting point. The buyer is a known domainer for selling high price domains. Has he bought it for himself to use, or for resale. If for resale. I'd expect he'd want to, at least, double his money and sell it on for $500K+. In any case, for self or resale, I congratulate Yinan Wang for his purchase of the truly top notch domain name, in the domain business.

Last edited:
•••
I think this is definitely the #1 domain for domains. We all know how domainers are stingy with their own domain names. Which might lower the price. New Ventures know about domains. I think they would not sell this domain for less than $250K. I came up with that figure out of my head. FWIW, Estibot values it at $330k. And they may be right. Remember $250K was my starting point. The buyer is a known domainer for selling high price domains. Has he bought it for himself to use, or for resale. If for resale. I'd expect he'd want to, at least, double his money and sell it on for $500K+. In any case, for self or resale, I congratulate Yinan Wang for his purchase of the truly top notch domain name, in the domain business.
Agreed.

Hopefully he intends to develop! I'd love to see something that promotes the domain industry.

•••
“Domainnames.com” is a bit too long, and $250k is high. But “domains.com” can be $250k+

•••
“Domainnames.com” is a bit too long, and $250k is high. But “domains.com” can be $250k+

Domains.com is an excellent domain as well, and is definitely shorter. I wouldn't mind owning either of them :)

Last edited:
•••

Domains.com is easily a seven figure domain in my eyes.... $1m+.

There are enough people in this industry with the money to pay that.... Godaddy would probably buy it at that price to be honest, or any of the other top 5 registrars.

DomainNames.com has the unfortunate 'double N', but I'd hazard $250k+ for that one too... unless the seller was very motivated (needed quick money).

Will be interesting to see if he is launching a registrar, or building a huge Mike Mann sized portfolio, or hoping to resell the domain to a registrar or something.

Last edited:
•••
StockPhoto.com went for $250k and became a Stock Photo website (profitable with little marketing).

DomainNames.com is a similar quality domain, and also for a digital assets.

So $250k should be the floor price you would think?

•••
It is a name, someone like Godaddy should have bought, owning the world's most expensive portfolio. I think it is a strategic purchase, developing something like this is a nightmare.

•••
I was surprised that DomainNames.com does not rank with Alexa, meaning very low type-in traffic.

I guess domain investors are a very small subgroup of population and the rest of it could not care less.

•••
The only put who think domainnames.com is worth anything is other domainers. I bet barely worth $100,000 and probably not even that high.

•••
The only put who think domainnames.com is worth anything is other domainers. I bet barely worth $100,000 and probably not even that high.
Agreed!

•••
•••
Back in the day Domaining.com was very active, lots of one off blogs, with unique content compiling at one location, the owner put it up for sale, I think the whisper number was $1.2M that was on the table, but a deal was never done. I think they were pushing for $2M. Turncommerce was one of the front runners, not sure what happend, but I would say today they probably wish they could go back, and make sure that deal stuck.

Last edited:
•••
I'm the buyer of DomainNames.com, I did the search via NetworkSolutions.com and found it's in their premium domain name lists with a very bargin price. Then I bought it and paid immediately via credit card. Networksolutions pushed the domain name to my Netsol account after 3 days, and I have the full control on the domain names. But NetSol has removed it from my account today without any notifications.

I will update further later. Thanks for the comments.

•••
I'm the buyer of DomainNames.com, I did the search via NetworkSolutions.com and found it's in their premium domain name lists with a very bargin price. Then I bought it and paid immediately via credit card. Networksolutions pushed the domain name to my Netsol account after 3 days, and I have the full control on the domain names. But NetSol has removed it from my account today without any notifications.

I will update further later. Thanks for the comments.
Ahhh this explains it. Probably stolen.

You bought for $2,577 which New Ventures would never sell for.

•••

I would doubt that NetworkSolutions would get their account hacked and domain got stolen :)

•••

Guess they just stole it back

•••
I would doubt that NetworkSolutions would get their account hacked and domain got stolen :)
Hope you get it my friend. Fingers crossed, but I just don't see New Ventures ever selling for that.

•••
Hope you get it my friend. Fingers crossed, but I just don't see New Ventures ever selling for that.

I believe NetworkSolutions should give me a notification and explaination before they removed it from my account. :)

•••
How could this be stolen if it was purchased via net sol, and new ventures is in the Whois going way back? Makes no sense, finders keepers, this is not a gtld retraction, invoiced sale. Go figure domain business unlimited mulligans.

You should have auth coded it out. 3 day wait, for auth code, until it got exposed today I guess.

•••
How could this be stolen if it was purchased via net sol, and new ventures is in the Whois going way back? Makes no sense, finders keepers, this is not a gtld retraction, invoiced sale. Go figure domain business unlimited mulligans.

You should have auth coded it out. 3 day wait, for auth code, until it got exposed today I guess.

Hi, thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

I followed NetSol's premium domain buying process. I did requested the auth code because all my domain names are manged at Godaddy. I didn't try to hide my identity in whois and I changed the DNS because this is a legit purchase, they put it for sale with a BIN price, I bought it and got it with their email confirmation, everything is operated under a sales agreement, plain and clear.

•••
This industry never ceases to amaze me.

It's like buying a car, driving home only for a store's employee come by 3 days later and casually drive *your* car back to the store.. no problem.. happens all the time :whistle:

•••
Back