Dynadot

news Was DomainNames.com just sold?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Josh R

Josh.coTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1.jpg

•••
I'm the buyer of DomainNames.com, I did the search via NetworkSolutions.com and found it's in their premium domain name lists with a very bargin price. Then I bought it and paid immediately via credit card. Networksolutions pushed the domain name to my Netsol account after 3 days, and I have the full control on the domain names. But NetSol has removed it from my account today without any notifications.

I will update further later. Thanks for the comments.
As we all say ..........if it's too good to be true ......well you know the rest

•••
Hi, thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

I followed NetSol's premium domain buying process. I did requested the auth code because all my domain names are manged at Godaddy. I didn't try to hide my identity in whois and I changed the DNS because this is a legit purchase, they put it for sale with a BIN price, I bought it and got it with their email confirmation, everything is operated under a sales agreement, plain and clear.
I assume that New Ventures didn't list it though. Some kind of mistake from NetSol...

•••
Doesn't New Ventures just cherry pick expired domains from certain registrars like NetSol, Register.com etc.... That's a shady practice in itself... Chances they honor a sale like this is slim. However, you should take it to court if you have to.

•••
I assume that New Ventures didn't list it though. Some kind of mistake from NetSol...

Hi, Josh, thanks for bringing this thread.

This is the email I got from NetworkSolutions after making my order.
Although we all know NewVCorp is NetSol/Web.com's warehousing company, but from this email I can see NewVCorp listed it and approved this sale and tansferred it to me.

Too good to believe? This is a .com domain name, no restrictions nor limitations. I do have purchased many quality domain names in $xxx - $x,xxx range and sold for 6 figure and a few acquired for 5 figure and sold for high 6 figures - low 7 fugures in the past. I also signed a contract using this domain name, which will cost me a good sum to cover the loss. I did nothing wrong, and I will certainly take this case to the court.

2.jpg

•••
@owntype - sue their asses. Good luck to you sir, I hope you win.

•••
@owntype - I am fairly certain that New Venture Services Corp listed this domain for sale themselves, and that this was a legitimate listing. The pricing system for their inventory seems to be automatic (i.e. there is not a human listing the names for sale, but their system just seems to do it automatically), so sometimes they list names for too low prices. A while back they sold inabox.com for just $2077.

One of the biggest giveaways that DomainNames.com was a legit listing is the price $2577. This is one of New Venture Services Corp standard pricing tiers, meaning it is a legitimate listing by them.

For example:
WRTS.com for $2577 at network solutions:
wrts.png

Owned by new ventures:
wrts whois.png

Dating4u.com $2577 at Network Solutions:
d4u.png

Also owned by them:
dwhois.png

A name listed for $2577 at Network Solutions with new venture services corp in WHOIS means its a legitimate listing by them.

So I don't think DomainNames.com was a stolen name/listing or anything. Seems pretty obvious that they owned it and listed it for $2577 as per their standard procedure. So the domain was legitimately listed and sold, the transferred to buyer, and then when they discovered what happened they stole it back.

•••
In DomainIQ.com I can see the OP's WHOIS info on 2/15, so there is no doubt he controlled the domain after a legitimate transaction was made.

I think he has a valid claim to this domain.

- They owned it and put a price on it.
- He purchased it via a legitimate transaction and ownership was transferred to him.

I am not sure why they think they have the right to reclaim it.

If a pricing mistake was made on their end then tough luck. I can almost guarantee they would not reverse a transaction from a 3rd party using their system, just because the seller was not satisfied with a price they set.

Brad

•••
•••
@Arca

Thank you for supporting me with so many proofs!
I believe this is a legitimate transaction, I followed all the buying steps. But I didn't expect Net Sol would reclaim it like this. If they want, they can do this again to any domain names they own and being listed as premium domain names.

•••
@bmugford

Thank you for the comments! Appreciated!
This domain name has been under my full control for around 48 hours.

•••
Slightly offtopic but the singular version - DomainName.com was sold for $1M in 2011:xf.eek:

upload_2018-2-16_16-47-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-16_16-46-10.png
    upload_2018-2-16_16-46-10.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 92
•••
This sucks. And why are all these scams always domains at NetSol?

•••
Unfortunately I don't think you have a case. A good lawyer will use your knowledge as an experienced domain investor against you. They will say because of your knowledge that there is no way you would ever think that was the correct price for the domain. Then they'll do all their lawyer blah blah blah and it will be over. Definitely spend a couple hundred and consult with a good lawyer before you throw a bunch of money at the case.

•••
congrats to the buyer...

•••
Estibot values the domain at $330,000. You should sue them for treble damages (3x) which comes out to $990,000. Best of luck...

•••
NetSol just joined the ScamPros team along with adam dicker! LOL
Scammers 4.jpg

•••
@owntype - That is awful man. Hope you win if legal action is taken.

•••
sorry guys, from the domain quote. is that something for rental? 13 months?

•••
Hi, Josh, thanks for bringing this thread.

This is the email I got from NetworkSolutions after making my order.
Although we all know NewVCorp is NetSol/Web.com's warehousing company, but from this email I can see NewVCorp listed it and approved this sale and tansferred it to me.

Too good to believe? This is a .com domain name, no restrictions nor limitations. I do have purchased many quality domain names in $xxx - $x,xxx range and sold for 6 figure and a few acquired for 5 figure and sold for high 6 figures - low 7 fugures in the past. I also signed a contract using this domain name, which will cost me a good sum to cover the loss. I did nothing wrong, and I will certainly take this case to the court.

Show attachment 80637

@owntype It's your domain. Even if they made mistake you did a legitimate transaction .
Take them to the court!

•••
•••
Check terms and conditions before going forward, I'm sure they would cover their backs.

•••
Estibot values the domain at $330,000. You should sue them for treble damages (3x) which comes out to $990,000.
I doubt any court would take estibot as a legit expert...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back