IT.COM

Warning: yy.com was a HIJACKED domain (now recovered)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi folks,

yy.com, discussed at:

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30623

was a HIJACKED domain (I could tell right away, and helped inform the true owner). It has since been recovered, on behalf of the real Kirk Oatman, who has moved the name away from NSI to OpenSRS.

If you check the WHOIS for that domain name, definedhost.com (who started the thread), it has the "pagiz.com" domain that had been involved in the Secretary.com and KS.com thefts (I think Toho of DNF lost $10,000+ on the latter).

See the Domainstate thread about that theft.

yy.com had been pointing at 69.93.226.162 temporarily, which also had the pagiz.com domain:

http://www.whois.sc/reverse-ip/?lookup=69.93.226.162

chadhorn.com WHOIS also shows a @pagiz.com admin email, and definedhost.com nameservers (if you recall, there was a "Chadwick Horn" in the Secretary.com theft, if you read that domainstate thread).

I have an IP address of the emails that were sent back/forth while the domain was hijacked, and it is:

which is Adelphia.net. Headers of the email also mention "DefinedHosting".

So, we have lots of information for the FBI or other law enforcement to go after the domain thieves, and help get back Toho's money, etc. (I think DotComCowboy was never made entirely whole, either).

Reports should be made to

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

for those with more information. Would be nice to put these scum out of business. There are too many stolen domains floating around, and no one wants to get stuck with stolen goods.

I've also talked to Mary Gallegos, who had been victimized by these thieves (although the secretary.com has since been recovered), and there's an open police investigation. So, just a matter of everyone filing the appropriate details with authorities.

Be on the lookout for other fishy domains, as there are certainly others out there with stolen domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
[and check the PM he PM'ed me with:
Hello Bashar,

I have contacted you via email regarding YY.com. Below if the pasted email:

Dear Bashar Alabdulhadi,

Thank you for possibly taking interest in YY.COM. This has been my company since late 1994 and as of 2003, I closed the doors for good to the company it represented. I ventured into other avenues of development and thus, have no use for this domain any further from what the previous use was for.

There is a very large presence for it on yahoo and a high google pagerank. The domain is very easy to remember and ever with it's current state of nothingness, it still receives over 300 unique visitors per day. For some reason, we have a high yield of traffic from the middle east/asian countries.

I have has several professional appraisals ranging between $20,000USD to $50,000USD for the domain namesake alone, with one as high as $150,000USD. The latter was taking into consideration teh advertisements and placement of all advertising over the years. While I am not asking as much as the last appraisal, I would appreciate keeping these appraisals in consideration when/if you decide to offer to purchase this domain. Please reply back with your offer as soon as is convenient to you. This sale, once a price is agreed upon, will proceed via escrow.com with teh purchaser (you) being in charge of the fees associated therein.

If purchase of this domain goes forth, I would rather it be a private sale as the present software patent owners that I sold the software patents to, still have the "YY Software" anme attached to it. While they have no namesake in the domain and company name itself, I would prefer this method as to not interfere with their companies stability by the means of public eye. If you would rather have this a public auction however, while I would prefer it not, I will go forth with it.

Bryan Jones spoke highly of you and said he would refer you at any time to do business with. He complimented on your speed at returning his emails as well as overall satisfaction with his dealings with you. That is the primary reason I decided to offer this to you over posting in the forums I have been given links to. While he didn't give me your email at forst (for your privacy as an individual), he decided to do so as I would like to have this domain sold as soon as possible. It is a lot of wasted traffic someone can get use of. If I have not heard back from you within the day however, I am going to go ahead and post it within the forums selling to the highest bidder. I already have a person asking for it around the $50,000USD mark.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. If you have any further questions or would like to set an offer for this domain, email reply back to this email or simply send an email to [email protected].

Thank you for your time and consideration. Have a very wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Kirk Oatman

•••
F*ck , its really bad. Where does all those ethics go?.:(

•••
Originally posted by Bashar
[and check the PM he PM'ed me with:
Hello Bashar,

I have contacted you via email regarding YY.com. Below if the pasted email:

Dear Bashar Alabdulhadi,

Thank you for possibly taking interest in YY.COM. This has been my company since late 1994 and as of 2003, I closed the doors for good to the company it represented. I ventured into other avenues of development and thus, have no use for this domain any further from what the previous use was for.

There is a very large presence for it on yahoo and a high google pagerank. The domain is very easy to remember and ever with it's current state of nothingness, it still receives over 300 unique visitors per day. For some reason, we have a high yield of traffic from the middle east/asian countries.

I have has several professional appraisals ranging between $20,000USD to $50,000USD for the domain namesake alone, with one as high as $150,000USD. The latter was taking into consideration teh advertisements and placement of all advertising over the years. While I am not asking as much as the last appraisal, I would appreciate keeping these appraisals in consideration when/if you decide to offer to purchase this domain. Please reply back with your offer as soon as is convenient to you. This sale, once a price is agreed upon, will proceed via escrow.com with teh purchaser (you) being in charge of the fees associated therein.

If purchase of this domain goes forth, I would rather it be a private sale as the present software patent owners that I sold the software patents to, still have the "YY Software" anme attached to it. While they have no namesake in the domain and company name itself, I would prefer this method as to not interfere with their companies stability by the means of public eye. If you would rather have this a public auction however, while I would prefer it not, I will go forth with it.

Bryan Jones spoke highly of you and said he would refer you at any time to do business with. He complimented on your speed at returning his emails as well as overall satisfaction with his dealings with you. That is the primary reason I decided to offer this to you over posting in the forums I have been given links to. While he didn't give me your email at forst (for your privacy as an individual), he decided to do so as I would like to have this domain sold as soon as possible. It is a lot of wasted traffic someone can get use of. If I have not heard back from you within the day however, I am going to go ahead and post it within the forums selling to the highest bidder. I already have a person asking for it around the $50,000USD mark.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. If you have any further questions or would like to set an offer for this domain, email reply back to this email or simply send an email to [email protected].

Thank you for your time and consideration. Have a very wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Kirk Oatman

did he pm you that here on namepros?

•••
•••
Originally posted by cjmacd
for him selling COST.net which I paid for many months ago before this crook took flight

Righto, Ceej ... we're making every effort now to establish contact here with "DefinedHost" for immediate clarification and sufficient responses to the statements made (for both "Cost.net" -and- "YY.com")!

Originally posted by WaveMail.com
It was moved (not deleted) to the "Private to Staff" Forum ... so that we could get immediate clarification from "DefinedHost" as to the statements made in that thread, as well as with regard to "YY.com" domain (which you may have read about in both the Discussions -and- Legal Issues Forums).
Absent an immediate response from him, and bona-fide clarification(s) as to the statements, he will be removed from the Namepros site permanently. Given the severity of the charges, we wanted to at least hear from the accused before rendering a final decision on his future participation here on the site.

Thanks kindly for your patience on the matter.
-Jeff :wave:

Thread:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32843

•••
There seems to be a whole lot of domain thefts occuring lately. Not good

•••
•••
Wow, George. Nice detective work! We appreciate your contributions to the domain community!

•••
68.64.225.154 (68-64-225-154.ironoh.adelphia.net)

Member "DefinedHost" has been BANNED from the Namepros site!
Sorry for the inconvenience, friends.
-Jeff :wave:

•••
huh... they might be just around.. even here at namepros!! creeeepppyyy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back