IT.COM

Warning: Plz be very careful when buying domains reg. with GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Recently, there are more and more buyers be scammed after bought domain(s) from members on different forums / domain marketplace. And almost in all cases, the bought domain(s) is reg. with Godaddy.

Normally, Buyer paid money, received domains pushed to his godaddy account, then the domain(s) be hold by godaddy in one a two days because of somebody raised Domain Ownership Dispute, and finally domain(s) be removed from buyer's godaddy account.

Buyer lost both money and domain(s) in this case, and some times involved in more trouble casued by scammers.

This kind of scam happens in two ways.

1) The buyer bought the domain from a domain thief
It is true that sometimes domain owners account be hacked for any reasons. Then the thief login right owner's account and push the domain to buyer... then right owner take action to raise dispute to Godaddy.
This is the situation we have heard times. But why there have so many Godaddy accounts be hacked so easy? Another interesting point is that if you ask domainers you know well in life / domain forums, acutally it is hard to find somebody's Godaddy account be hacked from the domainers you know. In another word, Godaddy account is NOT unsafety as reported.

But why there have so many reports from buyers to complain they lost their money and domain(s) after purchased domain(s) from Godaddy?

The answer is: in many cases, buyer was SCAMMed by another reason, which is NOT awared by most domainers

2) The buyer be scammed by a scammer group who use the hole of Godaddy's domain ownership dispute rule
How?

The Account owner (Let's call him as member A )give his godaddy ID and password to another member works for the group (Member B), then menber B sell the domains, take payments and login the account to push domains. Then member A raise Godaddy dispute.

In most cases, Godaddy helps the scammers take back domains because of they have prepared enough data in advance to prove the account was login without authorized. Only few cases be rejected by godaddy, or member A asks godaddy to stop investigations when they face Paypal dispute and may have trouble for Paypal account.

And the last step is Member C, who normally has "good reputation" and lots of "friends" in main domain forums to make noise later when all paypal funds are safety cleared, to force the buyer return the domain. (They have take money already so no lost at all for the few domains they finally connot take back). A typical way is member C starts a thread to call the buyer as domain thief with all dirty words but without any communication with the buyer in advance.

No matter the buyer is being scammed by which way, the result is buyer lost money and domain(s) in most cased.

To avoid this, we should be very carefully if going to buy a domain reg. with godaddy.

Maybe one way to avoid be scammed is asking for Auth code to transfer the domain out, and don't send payment before transfer completed.

If the seller doesn't agree transfer out but insists on pushing to your godaddy account, plz think it over and over before sending your money.

Take care! And hope all honest buyers can avoid being scammed by those dirty thief and scammer in domaining

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WOW Really NameFinker? Is that why your ass got BANNED over at the "other" forum?

You're a THIEF and I hope for the benefit of the domaining community, you ass is BANNED here too!

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Wmloz,
You and you partners stop me warning others be care of your scam activities on one stupid forum, but this can not change the fact that you and your parterners are doing dirty business and more and more domainers will know you are the dirty scammer

•••
•••
Pretty quiet now Namefinker?

RJ, why isn't this joker banned?

•••
WOW Really NameFinker? Is that why your ass got BANNED over at the "other" forum?

You're a THIEF and I hope for the benefit of the domaining community, you ass is BANNED here too!

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other forum, DP, bans EVERYBODY just for farting. You sound like a DP LOSER. Why ban a person helping to educate people regarding a scam? I say that you get banned, loser. Ban a person with 180 good trader ratings? Only a DPer would think of that shit. You have a 0 trader rating. HAHAHA

wmloz, where is your evidence that this is the same person doing what you claim? Personall, you sound like a fraking troll from DP who needs to get some hobbies and a girlfriend.

Also, just because a person shares a username with someone on another site, does not mean they are the same people. But stupid people don't know this. We aren't exactly required to show proof of ID when creating accounts, thought that would help in getting rid of Digital Point ass**les.

I am so tired of douchebags like you going and calling legit business people scams just because they feel like it or are too lazy to collect proof before putting a permanment blackmark on someone's history. So with that said, in regard to REAL evidence, "Put up or shut up."

Lastly for all, if a person with a TON of good ratings all of a sudden starts scamming, chances are that their account got hacked and that the real account owner didn't do it. Let's use our heads, people.

Last edited:
•••
Actually it wasn't. My reasoning there is simple, you did not post the link, hence no evidence of claims made in this thread. Am I supposed to read every thread and do loads of research to figure out what you are whining about? If you want to convince people of something, provide info (like related links) and not opinion. Trader rating is worth plenty, customer feeback is very important. I just don't look at feedback from users with less than 2 rating themselves. I think my customers would agree that their opinions of my services are worthy of being taken into consideration when my new customers decide whether to deal with me or not.

Last edited:
•••
I have been in business since before the Internet supported JPEGs and have never been ripped except from 1 person who had no ratings. So take your pathetic "higher than though" and "I know it all" attitude and go learn some humility. I don't need your protection and nobody here does. NamePros was just fine without you being our saviour, no worries.

Oh and next time, try looking up the who-is history of the domain you intend to push and find discrepancies that exist like recent changes to the who is record PRIOR to pushing the domain. But, I am just a n00b and I have no idea what I am talking about.

Btw, after reading your past posts I see that you really need to lay off the comic books, Mr. Super Hero. Also, in that thread you have provided NO EVIDENCE to back your claims. I have never heard of you, you are not famous, and I will not believe what you say just because you said it. Try a little solid evidence, it goes a long way. Getting your little friends to post while sounding as corny and comic-book like as you, you do not convince anyone. EVIDENCE please.

From you lil buddy: You are accusing one of the biggest domain thief hunter around in the domain community.

Oh please, lay off the comic books and stalker-like hero worship. Also, learn the difference between Plural and Singlular.

Last edited:
•••
Ok Batman, I bow to your wisdom and God-like powers.

Your should be the next one banned for stupidity and siding with criminals.

Well said, dummy. You have proved me to be not worthy so I will now leave and let you save the world one joke at a time.

Last edited:
•••
You are right, I'm not worthy. *...leaves to huddle in a corner and cry.*

Oh and thanks for proving the Canadian education system to be superior. Great grammar, spelling and punctuation. Genius.

This is for you, detective:

Congressional%20Medal%20of%20Honor.gif

A word of wisdom if I may, those who think they have power and don't, will abuse what little power they do have in the form of witch hunts and decisions made with lack of evidence, as proven by your emotional responses.

Lastly as I leave before you lower my IQ, you sell little tiny $XX domains. I sell software and established websites for $XXX and $XXXX. So you go with your bad self. I do not sell here often, I am smart and use escrow. Though I love the NamePros auctions.

Last edited:
•••
lol, NameLinker. You still think this is a huge conspiracy against you? And LegendaryJP is the leader of this big scam group? Your a freaking clown. Get real ffs.. I cant understand why your not banned yet, when throwing out accusations like this.

•••
Punctuation, anybody?

Yeah lets ban for someone calling you a scam. Holy cow, a lot of stupidity today.

Crap, I meant to leave bfore my IQ dropped from reading this waste of server space of a conversation.

•••
@TheLegendaryJP - From what I understand it is being looked at still.
Not sure what the hold up is either.

@Halycon.Prime - this isn't English class - Canadian or otherwise!
Whatever that has to do with this thread is beyond me.
If you have some information regarding this, please share.

•••
I just figure that our saviour would at least be educated, that's all. For someone trying to get people banned without evidence as to why, you'd think he'd pay more attention to sounding intelligent.

My point in this, to answer your question, is to point out that you do not just point the finger at a well established member without EVIDENCE. Posting like this on a scam board can RUIN a business. So with lack of evidence, I see Legen as a Troll who is only out to commit defamation of character (which IS illegal) against a member who has proven himself time and time again. Unless NamePros also agrees that Trader Ratings are pointless, as Legendary has said.

Did anyone notice NameLinker's ratings stopped 6 months ago? Ever think his account might have been hijacked? A person going from 180 pos ratings and no neg ratings to all of a sudden being a scammer.... does not make sense at all. But then again, neither side has provided real evidence of fraud.

Until evidence is posted, this thread and it's parent thread, should not be public.

I am now starting to believe this is either a friend, him, someone he deals with etc. His accusations are just rambling now and not even making sense, they just throw out stuff, I have to laugh, he truly has never heard of me

They? Now you are just paranoid, no I am a business man tired of good people getting bashed without evidence. I am making fun of how stupid you sound, genius. It isn't random, it is in reply to your arrogant statements about "saving us". Now you point fingers at me, with NO EVIDENCE. I have never met NameLinker, but I trust the Trader Ratings and customer feedback he has accrued. You can go after people who did nothing to you and represent others, but I cannot stand up for my fellow business men and women at NamePros? Hypocrite. Get over yourself, of course I have never heard of you, you are a tiny person in a huge world. You sell $20 domains, wow that is big business. I am done talking to a narcissist.

I would pick on NameLinker's speach, but it is evident that he is not an English speaking person.

I suggest everyone re-reads this before posting scams without evidence.
http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and-alerts/126688-please-read-before-posting.html

Folks - Do Not post a members name in here without contacting the Staff or a Forum Leader first ... There are a lot being posted lately that are being resolved a bit too easily .... There is no need to Ruin someones Reputation without at least letting the Mods try to resolve it first.

Last edited:
•••
You are obviously just on a personal vendeta, have fun with that. I really don't give a crap. Yeah, I looked you up, Josh, you are small time. I am unsubscribing from this thread, enough time with lil` Joshy.

•••
You really don't know when to shut up, do you? You are a tiny domainer, I am a coder and linux guru. I outpower your little loser self whose only skill is to buy domains and resell them. Now if I were you, I would shut up.I stood up for showing evidence and following forum rules, not for a scammer. If he is a scammer, PROVE IT, is all I was saying, you stupid little young punk.

Forum rules are simple, if you post a scammer, make sure you are fraking right. That is what I stood up for, you twit. You posted this crap with NO EVIDENCE. As far as my repuation, my code and speaks for itself. Goodbye punk.

•••
Both you guys have lost focus, this thread is not about you!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back