Dynadot

Warning OneandOne.co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Im sure im not the only one who took advantage of there free .infos
well renewal time is here and after reviewing the names i decided i would let them drop when they asked for daft money for a some .infos £83.60

First of all to cancel a domain with them you have to send a fax. Thought this was strange that you could not cancel the domain in there control panel but went ahead sent the fax comfirming i no longer want the domains. Few days latter i get an email comfirming that they had the fax and the domains will be cancled. End of story so i thought.........

Today i recieved a very nice letter stating they attempted to take money out of my account however the card had not been accepted. (This is due to my credit card been renewed as it expired lucky for me ) Now if payment is not made within 13 days my overdue account will be passed BFS collections Agency or there lawyers for recovery and will incur additional costs of £15 in addition to the outstanding balance.

ive made a phone call to them using the phone number on the letter they sent but no one has access to my account information and after 20min i must call another number to clear this all up however that appartment is closed thanks for telling me lisa (american rep of oneandone.co.uk) theres another 50p to your company by putting me on an answer machine.

Letter sent by oneandone

Email proving the got the fax

i have removed my address account number ect...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1+1 are the worst registrars in the whole wide world.
the only general advice is to not leave cancellation towards the end of the contract.
let us know how this one ends....

•••
I'm going thru the exact same thing with them.. in my case, not having a fax, I mailed the signed cancellation forms to them as instructed. Luckily for me, my card was cancelled previous to them trying to make a charge to it.

I've posted about this elsewhere here.. to make it short, they've given ME 7 days to rectify the matter or they'll freeze my account (and my remaining domains) and start collection proceedings.. they are indeed bottom of the barrel so far as customer service is concerned.

They've ignored every email I've sent in reply to their requests for payment.

I advise everyone to avoid them like the plague!

THESTOKIE said:
Today i recieved a very nice letter stating they attempted to take money out of my account however the card had not been accepted. (This is due to my credit card been renewed as it expired lucky for me ) Now if payment is not made within 13 days my overdue account will be passed BFS collections Agency or there lawyers for recovery and will incur additional costs of £15 in addition to the outstanding balance.

•••
um yoshi, how do you know 1and1 is the same as oneandone? maybe oneandone is a scam.

Edit: oops, guess they are the same (or are they...? lol)

•••
yoshiwara said:
1+1 are the worst registrars in the whole wide world.
the only general advice is to not leave cancellation towards the end of the contract.
let us know how this one ends....

1+1 are definately the worst domain registrar I've ever come across... they havent ever tried to charge me past expiry, thank god...

•••
Well guys im fooked thats the nicest way to say it im stuck with a £105 (about $210 usd) bill got another invoice for other domains that i thought i had canceled but because the domains cancellation date was after renewal they got me there as well. oneandone.co.uk in my eyes are are very smart people on how they pulled off this i did manage to get through to them using email only after i complained that my email was not even read and that im recording all information as legal advice my be needed. I did pick the earlest date possiable to cancel using there drop down box been through there terms N cons and they have got me only thing i can do is pay warn people about this and never use this company again.

Ps dgridley go through there terms and see if u can get out of this i was out by one single day hence me paying up. My own fault for not checking expire dates and thinking they would have emailed me a few weeks before they expired not 1 day before very dodgy dealings on there behalf but legal. Im sure they have and will get many other people like us

•••
they arent horible but they need to get things done better on their part..

•••
Finally got an answer to my 10th email to Billing (this is in answer to my second email.. I sent several afterward):

Dear David Gridley, (Cust: xxxxxxxx)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please allow up to 14 days for your refund to go through.

(I was never actually charged as my card is NG)

We apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you,
and we hope to welcome you again as one of our customers.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely
Carlin Chesnet

Billing Department
1&1 Internet Inc.

You can also contact us via phone at (877) 300-8316
from 9am till 5pm EST Monday to Friday

> I cancelled those domains both online and sent the signed cancellation forms
> by mail to you... For the second time, I cancelled those domains, I
> shouldn't be charged ANYTHING!
> You people need to get your act together over there!
>

Let's see what actually becomes of this.. I'm afraid to actually put a card online with them again now!

•••
Well, thought I had this sorted out with them (see above), then just got TWO more bills for domains I'd cancelled!

With 22k members here, I think we should posta notice everywhere to stay away from 1and1!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back