NameSilo

Warning: IntrustDomain / Domain Match Makers

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just registered with them and try to put a backorder. I believe they used to work with enom under a dozen of names of like DropHub, DropWeek ...

Are they legit? Any one has experience with them?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I regret getting going with the backorders before we were ready. This has created problems for people and I regret that. PM me about it and I will make it square.

Do you also regret the shoddy sales tactics and misleading emails that you have sent out in the past?

For example I received the following email from you last year:

Last Call For Domain *DOMAIN*:

We will be offering *DOMAIN* for sale today. We see that you previously respond to an email about this domain, but did not submit an offer. This is your last chance to submit an offer on *DOMAIN*, or we will make other arrangements.

To submit an offer of at least $97 now, click URL REMOVED

But I don't know how much to offer!
Often people do not submit offers, because they don't know how much to offer. Our minimum offer price is $97. If you submit an offer of at least $97, then you will reserve your position for this domain. In almost all cases, this is enough to win the domain.

To submit an offer of at least $97 now, click here

How do I know that this is a safe transaction?
We do everything possible to make sure our customers are confident that this is a safe transaction:
1. We deliver the domain to you BEFORE you make payment! That's right - you pay only after you have full control of the domain!

2. You can pay by PayPal, bank wire, check or Western Union in order to keep your payment details confidential

3. We are BONDED by BuySafe.com.

4. We have been VERIFIED by TrustGuard.com.

Will my personal information by kept confidential?
YES! Our privacy policy is very simple - your data is never shared, reused, sold or distributed in any way whatsoever.

I don't want to pay this amount every year for the domain.
This is a ONE-TIME payment, after which the domain becomes your exclusive property. You never have to pay us anything for the domain ever again.

I don't want to rebrand everything with the new domain name
You do not have to rebrand at all. Our service includes FREE domain and email forwarding! You simply redirect the traffic from *DOMAIN* to *DOMAIN* and gain the benefit of having the preferred *DOMAIN* without having to change hosting or rebranding at all.

How will I know that I own the domain?
After purchase, you will be the exclusive owner of the domain. All rights and title are transferred to you. You will be able to verify ownership by checking the WHOIS record for the domain, and you will see that the domain is in your name. Also, you will be able to manage every aspect of the domain, including name servers, whois record, host records, domain forwarding and email forwarding. You will also be able to obtain the authorization code for the domain.

To summarize - you can bid as low as $97, you do not pay until you receive delivery and you never have to reveal your personal payment details to anyone. This your best possible opportunity to get the preferred *DOMAIN* to complement your *DOMAIN* domain.

Act now and get a free SEO analysis of your website (a $250 value!).

As you can see all the wording in this email claim that you had ownership of the domain name and this wa sin your posession at the time. Of course however on checking the domain name myself finding it was still pending delete.

You do not do yourself any favours with such tactics. Also is this the reason you have changed the name of the company on multiple occassions?

•••
What registrar are you using for your catches?

•••
:) Corporate secret! I'll give you one hint - it's not which registrar, but, which couple dozen registrars?

•••
:) Corporate secret! I'll give you one hint - it's not which registrar, but, which couple dozen registrars?

Without knowing your registrars, it makes it difficult to ascertain if you caught a domain name someone backordered. It also would shed insight into your services abilities to capture domains against the big boys. Transparency in this industry is needed desperately, if you opt not to disclose information like this, I can tell you that many people (including myself) will hesitate to do business with you.

•••
Spade:

Just type the domain in your browser. If they caught it, the domain will redirect you to their homepage. Also they always put their intrustdomains.com servers.

Intrust:

Everybody knows you are using a couple of registrars and not just one. That was a stupid answer. I think Spade was referring to what registrar you use to deliver domains to clients.

•••
I wouldn't recommend doing business with IntrustDomains. I placed a backorder for a domain name which I missed. Instead of refunding the money back into my bank account, they only let me spend the equivalent amount on their site. There is no way (that I can see) to withdraw the money from their site. I tried e-mailing them about it, but they have ignored me. They claim to not have charged me anything but I can see from my bank account that they have. Now I have to call my bank to get the payment reversed.

It took a while longer than it should have, but I have been refunded by Intrustdomains for failed backorders.

•••
Intrust backorders alot of domains for their own personal holdings, sooner or later, they will backorder the same name as their clients, who gets priority here?

•••
Intrust backorders alot of domains for their own personal holdings, sooner or later, they will backorder the same name as their clients, who gets priority here?

Well you bring up a very good issue.

InTrust has become very good at drop catching but they are relatively new at drop catching for others.

They are now so good that many others want to backorder at InTrust.

But there are issues that have to be worked on.

InTrust has to decide if they want to backorder domains for their own account or want to offer a backordering service with an (upcoming) auction feature a la Snapnames.

They cannot do both.

If you recall, a prominent domainer and domain forum owner that had been hired to work for GoDaddy in a prominent roll was discovered to be competing with GoDaddy customers and bidding on GoDaddy expired domains.

Of course, this GoDaddy insider had a special advantage over everyone else which was entirely unfair.

Once that practice was brought to light, GoDaddy instituted a policy that prohibited GoDaddy employees from participating in GoDaddy expired auctions.

You just can't have it both ways if you want to operate above board
and with total transparency.

If you place a domain backorder, pay for it and it is accepted, it is not right if the domain is captured but is withheld from you and then you find it is listed for sale on IntrustDomains' sales site.

It's not kosher.

I am willing to cut InTrust a lot of slack but they do eventually have to operate above board.

Last edited:
•••
Im still waiting on a refund. Its been nearly a full day since I provided Paypal Transaction ID.

•••
Im still waiting on a refund. Its been nearly a full day since I provided Paypal Transaction ID.

Well if you don't receive your refund soon you may want to PM the InTrust rep that has been posting here.

I believe he wants to help.

•••
Still waiting without response. Lets go Intrust....

•••
•••
No response as of yet since they requested my paypal ID

•••
Received my Refund after a week. Their customer service was pretty poor until I got a hold of someone in management.

•••
Ugh...Yea, we're stinking things up a bit here. I have some good explanations for the slow responses, but that's just excuses....we will fix this. Bottom line for us is that the backorder business just snuck up on us - we suddenly found ourselves catching well.

We are building a real backorder system. It will provide complete transparency, payment on capture, live chat during business hours, etc, etc.

I am going to ask our customer service reps to watch this thread and the IM account to avoid further delays.

I apologize for the slow response. it's not what I expect of my company.

D

•••
Ugh...Yea, we're stinking things up a bit here. I have some good explanations for the slow responses, but that's just excuses....we will fix this. Bottom line for us is that the backorder business just snuck up on us - we suddenly found ourselves catching well.

We are building a real backorder system. It will provide complete transparency, payment on capture, live chat during business hours, etc, etc.

I am going to ask our customer service reps to watch this thread and the IM account to avoid further delays.

I apologize for the slow response. it's not what I expect of my company.

D

Denis,

Up until now I have been trying to cut you guys some slack since as you say "...the backorder business just snuck up on us - we suddenly found ourselves catching well."

But having this sudden backorder success does not account for what seems to be a lack of ethical behavior by the Principals of InTrustDomains.com.

I am not the only one to experience the scenario I will describe below.

It has happened to me several times including yesterday and four times to an associate including today.

1.Place a backorder on Intrust.
-
2.Pay for and have the backorder accepted.
-
3.InTrust succeeds in catching the backordered domain.
-
4.InTrust proceeds to keep the domain for their own account.
-
5.The domain is listed For Sale on the InTrust sales site for the sole benefit of InTrust for hundreds or thousands of dollars.
-
6.InTrust sends out the nightly backorder report stating that the domain failed to be captured.
-
7.Anyone can buy the domain even if they had not placed a backorder.
--

Read that again. InTrust catches the backordered domain, says they didn't catch it and proceeds to list it for sale on their site.

This is NOT the way to conduct business.

Decide if you want to catch domains for your own usage or that you wish to provide a backorder service ala Namejet and Snapnames.

You cannot do both!

It is totally unethical for you to accept backorders, catch the domains, lie about catching the domains, keep the domains, and feature those captured domains on your sales page.

Sudden success does NOT excuse or account for this behavior.

If you were just using the pre-bids that appear on Namejet to identify the better drops and keep those captured domains for your own account, that would be one thing.

But you are offering a backorder service.

Competing with your customers is just not good business and there is really no excuse for it.

Let me state it bluntly.

If you wish to offer a domain backorder service, No One, including Principles and Employees at InTrust should also be placing backorders and competing with your customer base.

It is a No-No.

Last edited:
•••
100% agreed. I talked to the head guy in charge, and he doesn't seem to understand. They just try to flip customer's domains. So basically people PAY INTRUST, to GET INTRUST domains to flip for themselves. Even if they don't flip them through their sales page, they will keep them for themselves. They also tell you "you weren't the first to back order this domain anyways". Probably they do the same to all the customers who back-ordered a certain domain they want to keep. It's like being completely back stabbed. Extremely Dirty Business. If this is their attitude towards customers, what can I expect with their soon to be released "auction platform" ? Shill bidding??

Last edited:
•••
The fact that they also falsely claim they have domains in their possession should get your alarm bells ringing.

Their business practice stinks.

•••
I guess it's time to rebrand as NOTRUST domains then :)

•••
I had been contemplating removing this thread a few days back since it was borderline promotional. But seeing how it is now acting as a deterrent, lets keep it in place.

But people, what do you expect from a backorder outfit.. We all remember the snap/namejet debacle, so why should the small guys behave any better.

•••
I had considered trying out InTrust, but after reading some of the stuff in this thread and from DNF I will avoid them.

It looks like their business ethics leave a lot to be desired.

Brad

•••
I had considered trying out InTrust, but after reading some of the stuff in this thread and from DNF I will avoid them.

It looks like their business ethics leave a lot to be desired.

Brad

I wish they would come discuss their position on the board when things dont look good, as oppose to when they do.

•••
I have talked to the head guy before a couple of times. They know they are doing wrong. They just think everyone will be alright with them when they launch their auction platform... So they don't care right now, and they will just keep behaving as usual.

•••
Yea, I think we'll just turn off the backorder process until we have our new platform. Every time anyone has received a notice that they were not the first to backorder the domain, you should be able to whois the domain and see that the domain is in some else's name - not ours. Over the weekend, I audited all backorders and delivered anything that was mistakenly not delivered. This was not intentionally, and we have no interest in having the domains backordered by members. It was a screw up and it has been fixed. Over the past few weeks, we have caught some absolute gem domains, including 1 LCC.com's. All of which were delivered.

Every domain backordered through InTrust domains is delivered either to a party from whom we have a priority offer or to the first person to offer a backorder. If the domain appraises high, then we run the domain through auction at auctions.epik.com.

•••
Hmmmmm.

What happened with TradingNews.com ??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back