IT.COM

Warning: IntrustDomain / Domain Match Makers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just registered with them and try to put a backorder. I believe they used to work with enom under a dozen of names of like DropHub, DropWeek ...

Are they legit? Any one has experience with them?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow!
Thats the second topic in NP I read about intrustdomains using bad tactic in their business and use their clients backorder picks just to grab domains for themeselves and later put it on sale on their marketplace.
I was so naive backordering a domain with them and now I see it listed for sale at $397.
I paid for the backorder and now they are re-selling it. Despite ethics isnt this a conflict between client and service provider. They cant be both.

•••
wow!
Thats the second topic in NP I read about intrustdomains using bad tactic in their business and use their clients backorder picks just to grab domains for themeselves and later put it on sale on their marketplace.
I was so naive backordering a domain with them and now I see it listed for sale at $397.
I paid for the backorder and now they are re-selling it. Despite ethics isnt this a conflict between client and service provider. They cant be both.

That is very shady.

•••
InTrust is extremely shady, and the Google results for their name are full of complaints and scam reports. So it looks like they are trying to solve that problem with a new name! They have started "Domain Match Makers", which is owned by the same company as InTrust. Meanwhile they have tried to astroturf their Google search results by creating a site all about Domain Match Maker's supposed support for orphans and children's hospitals.

Nice try guys (Intrust), but it won't work. If you continue the spamming and unethical backordering process, folks will catch on very quickly and Domain Match Maker's Google results will be just as bad as Intrust's. Rather than change your name, please try changing your business practices! Thanks.

The sad thing is that Intrust really is great at catching domains. Too bad that they are even sleazier than the (already bad) incumbents.

•••
I get emails from them all the time, and have even tried reaching them by phone to insist I be removed from their list.

They are ridiculous spammers and crooks. Don't give them the time of day, much less your money!!

•••
I find intrust domains to be a total scam. I placed a backorder for a name and low and behold they said they couldn't get it. Within 1 day it was posted on their site by them as account holders for sale of $397.00 go figure. I will stick with godaddy since I have yet to have them take the name and try to sell it to me for a higher price. I have filed a complaint with ICANN about the shady practices of INTRUST RIPPOFF

Last edited:
•••
I get emails from them all the time, and have even tried reaching them by phone to insist I be removed from their list.

They are ridiculous spammers and crooks. Don't give them the time of day, much less your money!!

Well said, they also spam the hell out of me.

•••
"first come, first serve

any method should be reasonable.

•••

Alex is a pest and pill.

Damn spammer.

:(

•••
•••
Let's see, Snapnames has a documented history of shill-bidding, and Intrust Domains seems to garner no praise here. Namejet seems also to get lots of negative commentary here.

It seems that a serious percentage of the domain backorder/auction business cannot be trusted to play honestly with their respective customers. That tells me that the odds of getting a truly valuable domain in a transparent backorder/auction process are extremely slim.

We are considered idiots and suckers by some of these entities, and we continue to act like it.

•••
It seems that a serious percentage of the domain backorder/auction business cannot be trusted to play honestly

Fixed!

•••
•••
•••
So, basically, if we submit backorders at BackorderZone.com, they just use this data to grab best names for themselves?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back