IT.COM

Anyone used Gname.com ?

NameSilo
Watch

Gary Scot

Established Member
Impact
I'm interested in taking part (or 'break into' as they call it) in an auction at gname.com.

Does anyone here have any experience in dealing with them? They seem legit.
I'm not sure why the need phone numbers and address etc for a PayPal payment though?

Any help much appreciated
Thanks (y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gnope, gnot me. Gnever heard of them. 😄

•••
Haha same for me until today.
Anyone?

•••
bought a domain once from a seller on here it was 60days locked so he pushed it to my brand new gname account that i just created and when i sold it few months later i pushed it to the seller with no problems but never tried there auctions or any other services they provide

•••
Hello woodyw,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your interest in our auctions at Gname.com. We appreciate your inquiry and are happy to provide some information.

Many users find our auctions to be a reliable way to acquire domain names. We strive to maintain transparency and ensure a secure process for all participants.

Regarding the request for phone numbers and addresses for PayPal payments, this is a standard procedure to verify and confirm the identity of our users. It helps us prevent fraudulent activities and ensures a smooth transaction process.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with the auction process, please feel free to reach out. We are here to help.

Best regards,
W. P.

•••
Haha same for me until today.
Anyone?
Hello woodyw,

For first-time users, we have an incredible offer just for you. By using a special $5 coupon, you can now register your domain on GNAME for the low price of only $6.82. ✨ Don't miss out on this limited-time opportunity designed specifically for new users. Take action now and register your domain on GNAME today.

We've made it easy for you to get started - just click here: https://gname.com/?ttbj=gntg_xmt-fb-us5

#Domain #Website #SmallBusiness #Offer #Discount #Coupon #DomainRegistration #GNAME #NewUsers

•••
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09.04.58.png

Why make auction rules so annoying?

•••
Show attachment 253939
Why make auction rules so annoying?
Hey Bohdan!

It looks like you haven't placed a backorder for this domain yet. If you're interested in participating in the auction for this domain, there's a $7.00 deposit required.

Here's the deal: If you win the bid in the auction, the $7.00 will be refunded to you. However, if you don't win the bid, unfortunately, the $7.00 won't be refunded.

Instead of risking the $7.00 deposit, you might want to consider placing a backorder for the domain. This way, you reserve your interest in the domain without the risk of losing the deposit.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like to proceed with placing a backorder!

Best regards,
W. P.

•••
•••
Avoid. Site is unintuitive

•••
Actually looks good, if people want to jump into auctions without backordering first, then let them pay some to do so
Hello Mark4domain:

Absolutely! It seems fair to give those who are eager to participate in auctions the option to do so directly, even if it means paying a bit extra for the convenience. This could streamline the process for both the auctioneers and the bidders, ensuring everyone gets a chance at what they're after.

Best regards,
W. P.

Last edited:
•••
Avoid. Site is unintuitive
Hello David,

I understand your frustration. It's essential for websites to be user-friendly and intuitive to make the experience smooth for everyone. Perhaps our platform could benefit from some user interface improvements to enhance usability and make navigating the site easier for all users. Your feedback is valuable in highlighting areas that need attention.

Best regards,
W. P.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back