IT.COM

WARNING! DropCatch/NameBright Imposter Phishing Email Going Around....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Edit: I just noticed someone else warned about this as well.

I just received this email a minute ago. It seems like they are now posing at DropCatch/NameBright like they are other registrars. Do not click any of the links.

It's coming from a .info email.

Dear Sir/Madam,
The following domain names have been suspended for violation of the DropCatch.com 555 LLC Abuse Policy:
Domain Name: *********.com
Registrar: DropCatch.com 555 LLC
Registrant Name: *******
Multiple warnings were sent by DropCatch.com 555 LLC Spam and Abuse Department to give you an opportunity to address the complaints we have received.
We did not receive a reply from you to these email warnings so we then attempted to contact you via telephone.
We had no choice but to suspend your domain name when you did not respond to our attempts to contact you.
Click here to download a copy of complaints we have received.
Please contact us for additional information regarding this notification.
Sincerely,
DropCatch.com 555 LLC
Spam and Abuse Department
Abuse Department Hotline: **

Same fake email as from the other registrars.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got similar from "abuse @ key-systems. net. info":

Dear Sir/Madam,

The following domain names have been suspended for violation of the Key-Systems GmbH Abuse Policy:

Domain Name: a........a.com
Registrar: Key-Systems GmbH
Registrant Name: On behalf of a........a.com OWNER

Multiple warnings were sent by Key-Systems GmbH Spam and Abuse Department to give you an opportunity to address the complaints we have received.

We did not receive a reply from you to these email warnings so we then attempted to contact you via telephone.

We had no choice but to suspend your domain name when you did not respond to our attempts to contact you.

Click here and download a copy of complaints we have received.

Please contact us for additional information regarding this notification.

Sincerely,
Key-Systems GmbH
Spam and Abuse Department
Abuse Department Hotline: ,....

•••
Hello everyone in NamePros,
I am new here but never been new as I always come to get the latest without bothering anyone as I only meet big guys with knowledge here so I know my size among those IT Freaks lool, Anyhow I came today to share you all with some remarkable experience I have experienced today as is :

• I found a lovely domain gealicmedia.com was dropping and I kept my eyes on it BUT in the same time I wanted to secure the domain for myself so .... I contacted some broker for that domain
  • The broker replied to me his fees start from $500
  • The domain is for buy now -GoDaddy auction- for €12 and went up to €28 after check out
  • I ignored the broker and chanced my arm and got the domain and paid for it and get the receipt
  • 3 days after i paid , I got an email from the broker asking me if I want to buy the domain
  • I respond I have it already ,
  • Few mins later I got an email from GoDaddy telling me to give me back the registration fees. What !!!
  • I wet to the domain page and I found the broker page is taking over and the conversation with him is online for the public
  • The broker now is the man in charge :)
Beware of that guy or any other broker as they have their low ways to deal with domainers

To be honest that put me off everything and coz I have had a bad experience I cam forward to tell you guys

Regards
Ihab

•••
Conversation started with star104

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back