Dynadot

WARNING: Do Not Use NameDrive.com To Park Domains, They Steal Your Money!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Do Not Use NameDrive.com To Park Domains, They Steal Your Money!

Close this thread, too many people are not accepting the true facts I state

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For those of you who are willing to accept $.01 per 7-8 clicks contact me and I'll buy everything you have. I don't care if monkeys on laptops in Guatemala are doing the clicking I'll take my chances.

•••
My Views are up 5 times on Name Drive and my clicks 6 times that on Sedo.

In fact Iยดve Earnt more at Name Drive in the first 19 days of this month than 9 months at Sedo.

Iยดve got to admit that a few domains were receiving more and higher clicks at Sedo but the overall picture is WoW WoW WoW!!!!!!!!

•••
No offence Breakpoint but I think you are not understanding the full facts of how the system you are using works, plus it sounds like you are driving hits from artificial locations.

•••
DOMiNIC said:
In fact Iยดve Earnt more at Name Drive in the first 19 days of this month than 9 months at Sedo.

my scenario closely resembles that of yours. Now, I can only guess how much I would have lost out on over the past year or so......

<off-topic> has anyone seen good results with skenzo ? they also seem to have some nice templates... and I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with them to share :?

•••
let us just for a moment return to the original post:

'Yesterday I had parked a domain that was recieving a great amount of hits at NameDrive.com. I did nothing wrong with doing this an had recieved a profit at the days end of over $1,000. My site had recieved 45,000 visitors in which 13,000 of the unique users had clicked on links.'

So the domain was parked yesterday.
There had been 45,000 visitors including 13,000 click-thrus at the end of yesterday.
Genuine? I don't think so.

•••
edwinfelix said:
From my experience the minimum bid for adsense is 0.05 and the minimum adsense PPC has been 0.02... If the parking company gets 50% out of it it'd still be 0.01...

I had 0,01$ worth clicks with adsense, not many but some.

•••
That kind of sucks, so it might happened to me without me noticing... 'cause it's not possible to track down individual clicks.

•••
Either way he should now be in trouble with namedrive for non natural traffic, looks very fishy.

Namedrive are 100x better then sedo, sedo are the ones that steal money, i'll let it rest at that...

2C

•••
The Alexa ranking is 3,*** (not providing you guys with exact number) Prior it was 10,000

The people who come to my site are mostly from the United States (AND NON ARE ARTIFICIAL)

Page views per visitor is 1.3

We have not bought traffic!
And we get search engines bringing us a small amount of people

But most visitors come from clicking a link to our site.

•••
So it's a developed site...
What does NameDrive have to do with it?

•••
The site was suspended by our hosting company the first day major traffic came because the hosting plan wasnt set to take that many visitors (when we started we never imagined so many) We had used about 20 Gigs BW our first day

So from the time it was suspended we put it on NameDrive, in which it was parked for about 15 hours.

In that time I was able to talk to the hosting company and they set our account back up.

However NameDrive stated we made over 1,000 when we were parked. And now it was cut down to less than 400 bucks.

So either I think NameDrive should put Avg PPC so high to .10 (more around .05) unless they are gonna pay that much

•••
Sounds to me like it is an adult domain name that has a link posted on one of those major directory sites - does that sound about right Breakpoint ??

•••
mmmm this is a pretty interesting scenario ... I mean imagine, if tomorrow yahoo.com's home page links suddenly gets transformed to PPC links, all of them !!!!! Imagine what would happen to the poor advertisers :lol:

So, I guess if you suddenly park a developed site which receives a large amount of traffic , the CTR will be so high that the advertisers will actually be losing a lot of money in a very short period of time. This is what happened in your case :imho: so smart pricing kicked in and the CPC was probably adjusted on google's end ......

•••
I don't think BP is telling the full story. I would also venture a guess that this site is either adult related content or potentially warez.

•••
Ok, I don't think the site is warez or adult related from what he's shown me, and I thank him for explaining more completely the source of the traffic (Temp site downtime).
Not sure it was the best answer to the question, but it works :)
Care to tell everyone what the site was, or is it private for some reason?
-Allan :gl:

•••
No the site is not adult related and is not in any directory

Everything I have said is 100%, I have only told one person of the link to my site (which he was getting DNS error from the same as i am ATM)

I am going to ask to close this thread since none of you are debating on the subject and taking wild and untrue stabs in the dark at this matter.

---

I care to keep this site Private at the moment please, because its like a "hidden" gold mine

•••
IAmAllenShore will soon lock this thread, he has been the only one I have given the link to and has view the site. He has stated to me that eveything to him looks legit. Thanks to him for his support.

Thank you to the people who have cleared up any confusion I may have had at NameDrive (if what they said really is the case)

•••
Breakpoint said:
Close this thread, too many people are not accepting the true facts I state

It looks terrible to start a warning thread about a company then edit out your original content when people debate the validity of your claims, hopefully thread readers will assume they were baseless since you have decided to remove them.

•••
All,
Not locking the thread because, at this point, there is no reason to.
Breakpoint seems legit to me, and the site he showed me does seem to be legit (And the #'s check out), although all are entitled to their own opinions.
This was a case of a user (perhaps inadvisedly) posting about a negative experience, that turned out to be not so negative, although not what he was expecting from namedrive. When dealing with that many uniques from a highly targetted demographic, it may make sense to speak with the parking program first and work out some CPM arrangement if a steady income is preferred.
Best to all,
-Allan :gl:

•••
some misunderstanding here i guess..i ws schocked to see title

•••
I was thinking about what the name could be with that number of hits (assuming genuine) given that we are told it is not adult. well maybe it could be a poker speller eg 8B8.com or a medical site eg freehivtreatment.com etc.

•••
I'm not sure what the big deal is with why you can't tell us what the site is.

Oh, BTW, I had a click that started at $.11 and then autocorrected to $3.84 on NameDrive yesterday.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
I'm not sure what the big deal is with why you can't tell us what the site is.

Because he may of found a nice little fat cash cow :)

•••
I think at least the title of this thread should be edited.

Name Drive is not stealing money so there is no need for a warning.

•••
No harm done, and the OP shouldn't be allowed to backpedal from earlier "alarmist" statements. If someone wants this thread to die and go away, they can simply stop replying to it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the pageโ€™s height.
Back