IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Cove

Know your brand like the back of your hand.Upgraded Member
Impact
I strongly urge any of you going into business with Dejan Lesicar (NamePros member @venturefile.com and owner of sites like sexydress.us) to be very cautious. He is about to cost our company Brandroot a lot of stress and money as we pursue serious legal action against him.

In short the details are as follows:

4/08/2014 - Dejan creates a Brandroot account
5/09/2014 - Wuvo.com is accepted and listed for sale at a price of $6750
09/29/2014 - Dejan requests that Wuvo.com be removed from Brandroot because "The name was accepted to an auction event."
10/14/2014 - Brandroot receives a $3,000 offer for wuvo.com
10/14/2104 - Dejan rejects and reminds us that he removed his name

We then remind him of his contractual obligation of keeping Wuvo exclusive to Brandroot for a period of 30 days following the request of removal.

10/15/2014 - In the interested buyer impatience he raises his offer to $4500.

Dejan is intrigued and writes, "Thank you for the update. That is a decent offer and I will seriously consider it." For several days Dejan is unresponsive, ignoring several of our emails.

10/22/2014 - In a matter of minutes of informing Dejan that he is no longer welcome to sell at Brandroot and that Wuvo.com will be removed, Wuvo.com sells at full price for $6750.

10/22/214 - Dejan decides that he does not want to sell Wuvo at Brandroot and that my email stating that his name was removed ended his contractual obligation with Brandroot (which the email in no way stated).

Our financial loss due to Dejan's unprofessionalism is not the concern. Brandroot is now left with one very unhappy customer threatening us with litigation. We have informed Dejan that we will stop at nothing, "making this venture of [his] a lot more expensive and stressful than [he] thought possible."

You've been warned. Dejan Lesicar is very capable of leaving you in one sticky situation if you enter into business with him.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am sorry for insulting the NamePros community and offending all those involved with this thread and any other readers who were offended. It was foolish and brash of me to call all of you Nancy's. I have the utmost respect for all the sellers at Brandroot and for NamePros members, even though my comments in this thread may not have reflected that. I understand that @Archangel and others were probably responding out anger towards my lack of appreciation for them and I have reactivated @Archangel account (and will offer 10 free listings and a featured spot at Brandroot for one of his domains) should he want to continue to sell at Brandroot. I certainly got out of hand and regretfully accept the repercussions of my actions here. I apologize for acting so childish and offensive. I hope I can somehow earn the forgiveness of the NamePros community in the near future. I am ashamed of my actions.

One of your nicer comments everyone had been waiting for.

NP community never were a part of this "BR vs. Venturefile" scuffle, and glad you acknowledged that the community were dragged into it out of nowhere.

Shit Happens, but then we get over, and move on. :)

GoodLuck!!

•••
Then, apology accepted. I'm not a bad guy, and I'm sure you're not. And I do understand this: you felt a user ripped you off & you wanted to vent. But anger boiled pretty high on all sides. It lacked professionalism. I'll accept your offer, and as a writer, I'd be more than happy to take a look over your redrafted ToS once you have it ready. Now hopefully, EVERYONE can just move on. Bickering and name-calling and meme-posting isn't achieving anything on either side.

It was definitely sincere. Thank you for accepting it.

•••
(And yeah, I'll continue my usage of BR. In fact, I have a 17 year old LLLLL.com I was thinking of listing there. I'll give that one thought)

I am sorry for insulting the NamePros community and offending all those involved with this thread and any other readers who were offended. It was foolish and brash of me to call all of you Nancy's. I have the utmost respect for all the sellers at Brandroot and for NamePros members, even though my comments in this thread may not have reflected that. I understand that @Archangel and others were probably responding out anger towards my lack of appreciation for them and I have reactivated @Archangel account (and will offer 10 free listings and a featured spot at Brandroot for one of his domains) should he want to continue to sell at Brandroot. I certainly got out of hand and regretfully accept the repercussions of my actions here. I apologize for acting so childish and offensive. I hope I can somehow earn the forgiveness of the NamePros community in the near future. I am truthfully ashamed of my actions.

•••
•••
•••
who.godaddy.com said:
Domain Name: DEJAN*******.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1881767332_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-10-23 02:15:37
Creation Date: 2014-10-23 02:15:37
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-10-23 02:15:37
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Registration Private
Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: Arizona
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: United States
Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email:
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Registration Private
Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: Arizona
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: United States
Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:
Name Server: NS63.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS64.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-10-26T2:00:00Z

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WHOIS database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" section. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Pushed? Certainly can't delete it with all these cyber squatters...

•••
men-hug.jpg

•••
•••
Soon to be a major motion picture with Brad Pitt starring as Michael Radar.

•••
Let's not get carried away.lol
images

Soon to be a major motion picture with Brad Pitt starring as Michael Radar.

•••
Hello Rader,

I think your apology was sincere and I do understand that things got a bit out of hand with this thread. Now I do have a major issue that can't be undone and that's exposing a member and breaching privacy of said member. This sets a future precedent that simply put most customers should be very cautious about when dealing with brandroot.com. The fact that you singled a member out, posted on a public forum his information, slandered his name, says to me you should not be in control of the PR and lucky legal actions were not taken immediately.

At any rate I wish you the best of luck but I will avoid your ventures and advise others to do the same for the reasons listed above. Have a good weekend!

Cheers
Blake A. Worthington {real name}

•••
I believe this thread was a learning experience of what NOT to do. Sure, many ppl do these things. That's a part of life--experimenting and trying to live. I honestly, truly believe he won't do this again. After this fiasco, I believe he learned his lesson.

Hello Rader,

I think your apology was sincere and I do understand that things got a bit out of hand with this thread. Now I do have a major issue that can't be undone and that's exposing a member and breaching privacy of said member. This sets a future precedent that simply put most customers should be very cautious about when dealing with brandroot.com. The fact that you singled a member out, posted on a public forum his information, slandered his name, says to me you should not be in control of the PR and lucky legal actions were not taken immediately.

At any rate I wish you the best of luck but I will avoid your ventures and advise others to do the same for the reasons listed above. Have a good weekend!

Cheers
Blake A. Worthington {real name}

•••
I am sorry for insulting the NamePros community and offending all those involved with this thread and any other readers who were offended. It was foolish and brash of me to call all of you Nancy's. I have the utmost respect for all the sellers at Brandroot and for NamePros members, even though my comments in this thread may not have reflected that. I understand that @Archangel and others were probably responding out anger towards my lack of appreciation for them and I have reactivated @Archangel account (and will offer 10 free listings and a featured spot at Brandroot for one of his domains) should he want to continue to sell at Brandroot. I certainly got out of hand and regretfully accept the repercussions of my actions here. I apologize for acting so childish and offensive. I hope I can somehow earn the forgiveness of the NamePros community in the near future. I am truthfully ashamed of my actions.

Great! Thanks for understanding.

•••
I believe this thread was a learning experience of what NOT to do.

Yeah, I learned that I shouldn't have sold Wuvo to Dejan as cheap as I did! O.o

•••
Lessons Learned

1. If you are a broker, with an exclusivity clause, and a domainer says "please remove my domain, I am selling it elsewhere" - take it off the market! Don't continue marketing a domain that you cannot guarantee you can provide.

2. If you are a broker, and someone offers to buy a domain, accept their cash but let them know that because you are a broker, sales are not finalised until the domain is transferred.

3. Generally speaking, exclusive brokering is ultimately a honour thing, not a legal thing. Potential buyers can usually contact the buyer directly (especially if they think they can save 30%), and find ways to circumvent the broker. It's not just domains, it happens in real estate as well.

4. If someone steals a domain from you, share it here. But disputes should be kept private.

•••
To each their own, this wouldn't stop me from doing business with BR only because I believe lessons have been learned, apologies have been made and it's time to move forward. BR has been the most responsive of all the marketplaces I've dealt with, best turnover times.

Sometimes we hold business owners and people in leadership positions to standards above human because we're used to the carefully crafted fronts most try to portray. It's easier for them because they stay out of the limelight. But I'd bet 99% of business-owners have done something "unprofessional" at one time or another.

I'd rather deal with a business where the owner actively participates with the community it serves, especially when it comes with the risk that with every mistake or gaff you make you give everyone the opportunity to shout "STONE HIM!"

•••
To each their own, this wouldn't stop me from doing business with BR only because I believe lessons have been learned, apologies have been made and it's time to move forward. BR has been the most responsive of all the marketplaces I've dealt with, best turnover times.

Sometimes we hold business owners and people in leadership positions to standards above human because we're used to the carefully crafted fronts most try to portray. It's easier for them because they stay out of the limelight. But I'd bet 99% of business-owners have done something "unprofessional" at one time or another.

I'd rather deal with a business where the owner actively participates with the community it serves, especially when it comes with the risk that with every mistake or gaff you make you give everyone the opportunity to shout "STONE HIM!"

Well said, thank you so much for the support.

•••
This thread was moved at the thread starter's request.

Is that acceptable? To start a public thread attacking another member to damage their reputation here over a transaction that is not on NP? Then when discussion does not go your way, hide it? I'd be fine with the attacked party asking for it being moved or removed or subject to libel proceedings, but really the attacker should live with the consequences. Even be suspended or banned.

I'm repeatedly impressed with the trouble NP members take to give level-headed advice to other members who are looking at making bad decisons, but NP could learn lessons from broader issues raised by this thread.

In any public thread about Brandroot people are free to post links to this thread so domain owners can form a fuller picture of Brandroot.

Seriously, when I saw this thread appear I thought of reporting it but I was not sure on what grounds I would do that, so I waited to see what mods would do.

This is what we were told.
@Rader, your outspoken nature has a nasty habit of earning negative attention for you and your company. While I would normally remove a thread directly attacking another member in this way--we have trade reviews for a reason--I don't think that will be necessary here. I hope next time you will consider approaching such situations with more tact and less aggression. It is certainly possible to defend your position without creating so much tension between you and your potential customers. Clearly, this demonstrates a disconnect between you and your target audience, to which I hope you will adjust.

It's worth noting that every sizable business takes unfair losses. They budget accordingly: it's not worth their time, money, or effort to defend themselves to the bitter end in all situations. Having tried many strategies, they've found that early exits yield better long-term results. Of course, this isn't true in all cases; however, with everyday disputes, you're probably better off favoring your customers and being a bit more lenient. From the perspective of a customer, I take careful note of which businesses cooperate with my requests, especially when I give them a hard time. The more forgiving they are with my difficult requests, the more I will favor them over competitors, even if their prices are higher. I put a lot of value in good customer support. When a support representative gives me the impression that the company cares more about long-term business than an individual sale, I gain confidence that I chose the right company for the job.

•••
Mods (unless this changed since I stepped down) can move a thread if the OP requests it.

Is that acceptable? To start a public thread attacking another member to damage their reputation here over a transaction that is not on NP? Then when discussion does not go your way, hide it?

•••
Mods (unless this changed since I stepped down) can move a thread if the OP requests it.

And presumably also they can refuse to move it.

Or refuse to move it until OP has publicly retracted all allegations, with the existing url then still taking it to a private thread, not an error message, so those following links can find it.

•••
That's a possibility. I think you're aware that NP went into new management a few years ago. I'm not entirely sure what the rule in full would be here. Not these days

And presumably also they can refuse to move it.

Or refuse to move it until OP has publicly retracted all allegations, with the existing url then still taking it to a private thread, not an error message, so those following links can find it.

•••
Finally after much ado ........ i can release his 'hidden video' .......enjoy

P.s we demand a public retraction ........ or the Kitten Gets It !

(signed NamePros Nancy Squad)

All of our demands have been met and we wish him well

•••
@carob

The URL never changed. It's been the same since TLDInvestors linked to it when it was public.

The error message is the same for all private threads on all forums using XenForo. I agree the error message is not informative or helpful, but if you have an opinion about it, then you need to submit it to XenForo.com if you want it to be changed. The one good thing about those error pages is that once you login, they take you directly to the private thread.

TLDInvestors has covered this thread twice and quoted important parts of it. This thread has over 8,000 views in a matter of days. I'd say it's pretty public. Speaking of, I don't know who keeps adding that tag indicating this was a publicity stunt, but if that's true, it sure did generate a lot of attention.

•••
I for one really appreciate that Radar, BR, Moon, Pluto's really come around, quite a marked change. Not just this thread but earlier ones too. Live and learn as they say.
tahnks.gif

Last edited:
•••
Anyone here ever try brokering names for people? How about brokering anything for people?

Years ago I thought being a broker is fun, within a few weeks I made a pact with myself never ever to go back to that unless the domain is transferred into my account and i simply have all the right to transfer it out if I get an agreed amount price within 60 days.

Yes I hand picked who I would broker for and in one case it was a great 12 char two word EMD, the guy said he will let it go for 4500 I got someone for 5000! I tell the domain owner and he says he wont sell for 5k, its way too low.

Even when sellers did end up transferring it was always with the same BS, I think I got robbed etc mind you I got them their asking price and in a few cases even above their asking. Yes, it was limited to only maybe 15 transactions, but I saw a side to humanity I hope never to see again.

I am not implying here anything about anyone, I could care less to read this entire thread, BUT I wanted to share a bit from the standpoint of a former wannabe domain broker.

Recently I listed a domain in one of the domain newsletters, the guy told me if he lists it its a 30 day agreement regardless where I sell the name he gets commission, I understood his frustration very very well.

My experience with BR was good, I purchased a name there 2 weeks ago for mid XXXX and everything went great. For those of you who remember I posted looking for a LLLL pronounceable, BR had the name I liked.

My friend who is a real estate agent got a listing a while ago in SoCal, its a in demand marketplace so even before the homeowner signed the paperwork he started telling people about the listing. Well, he got someone to offer the asking price! Like a fool he goes and tells the homeowner the exciting news, the homeowner responds by saying, if hes offering y asking price im sure he will pay more, and they up the price.

I am not cut out for that BS, whoever is, props to em.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back