Dynadot

[WANTED] PHP/My SQL coder ($$$paying job)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a quick job for someone. Php, mysql, linux is what we are dealing with.

here is the gist of it.

Visitor goes to website - makes a purchase via 2 checkout-after the purchase the site gives them a unique user/password - and a URL link to the directory they have access to
-so they get an email that says - thanks for buying Go to this URL http://www.sitename.com/protectedire...x.php?(+unique id) - And your username is: XXX and your password is: XXX

im figuring a variable can be passed through 2co so its just a step in the process, nothing to get hung up about.

this lets the php/db know that the order is paid and which product they got.

There are multiple products, which is access to content on a server.

Each product has its own directory. Each directory will have multiple pages/files etc.

What is being controlled/validated by the user/password is access to the entire directory.

I was thinking to have a UNIQUE addendum to the URL so it validates via session/cookie that this user should be on this page, as well as the user/password.

The key is that they only get access to their directory via user/password and only AFTER they pay.

I dont care if user password is randomly generated, or you let user pick. Whichever is easiest for you.

If the person then purchases access to ANOTHER directory/product, thew would be assigned a new user/pw/url.

So each directory/product, has validation based on payment of each one.

I am thinking an advanced coder can do this in 30-60 mins, or an intermediate one in less than 3 hours. This is because the login is standard, and you probably already have that setup.

I need the fields of user/password/time-datestamp/product -- in the db -thats it.

I dont care about the methodology - i care about the results.
tell me timeframe and your price.

Need this ASAP

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
This is going to be very hard, and take a long time!

Last edited:
•••
why is a login script long and take a long time? any experienced coder will have dont it a ton of times, and i have code base if necessary that handles it already.

Most people that know php say it takes between 30 mins and 2 hours.

whats difficult about it in your opinion?

•••
Its not that its hard but if you want a very secure one, that will be involving money, it will take time. Anyways how much is the budget?

•••
I have no problem paying money for work, but comon guys my name is not danny donut.

Case in point, I talked to a coder, He said he would charge $35 an hour and its going to take him 10-20 hours! thats totally RIDICULOUS!

I dont do much with PHP or nix boxes, but i have been involved in windows environments for 15 years. It does NOT take that long - when I called him out on it, and told him it should take him 3 hours max if he is a BAD coder. his response was

"your right, but you cant blame me for trying to make as much money as possible. Im a starvin freelancer, I need to get as much as I can"

Guys, thats called RAPE! You dont charge people based on how much you think they are able to pay.

You charge based on how much time it takes, and how much your value is. There are a ton of scripts out there FREE that do 90% of this work.

I found someone who completed the task in a couple hours with flying colors - at a mere $30 an hour.

Thankfully there are a few coders who are both Good AND Honest.
MODERATOR - CLOSE THIS THREAD

Oh by the way - one person who would have been able to do it was Marcvs - but he got sick in the process -- another coder good and honest for anyone looking.

Thanks for your efforts bro :)

•••
I am not that much of an experienced PHP coder (about one and a half year of PHP experience) and I would say it would take me about five hours to do so. I would usually charge about 100 euro's for a script like this (I have the advantage of living and working in Thailand where life is still cheap!). I have made more scripts like these in the past and have a lot of reusable code which saves a lot of time.

Unfortenately, freelancing is my "after hours job" and I am seriously running short on time. Nevertheless, if you're still looking, PM me and maybe we could work something out.

-monty

•••
monty said:
I am not that much of an experienced PHP coder (about one and a half year of PHP experience) and I would say it would take me about five hours to do so. I would usually charge about 100 euro's for a script like this (I have the advantage of living and working in Thailand where life is still cheap!). I have made more scripts like these in the past and have a lot of reusable code which saves a lot of time.

Unfortenately, freelancing is my "after hours job" and I am seriously running short on time. Nevertheless, if you're still looking, PM me and maybe we could work something out.

-monty

job is already done

But thanks for being honest about your experience and time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back