IT.COM

domain Want domain name for my business in .com - cludx.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

toworkwith

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

My business consultant asked me to stick with least letters domain for my business which is Cloud Base services (click and drag website builder or you can say something like WIX or Shopify). He suggested me to buy 5 letters domain and also he said that a domain in his contacts is available. I am totally confused with the price which he said. The domain is cludx.com which is referred by my business consultant but again saying that I am very much confused with the price he quoted so can anyone suggest the price/value for this domain?

Also anyone can suggest me a great name with least letters which covers Cloud Developers? Also if i buy the domain "cludx.com" (only the domain name) which is suggested by my business consultant, what price is suitable for this domain? And also tell that is it brandable?

I will highly appreciate your honest opinion for the price for cludx.com

Also if anyone can suggest me least letters domain which is available to buy.

Thank you in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would guess if they are suggesting that domain it is because they are also trying to help another contact sell the domain. Why 5 letters and not 4. Why not 7 like Shopify if it is that good. As a consultant myself I am never a fan of self-serving advice that doesn't make sense. All I can see when I look at the domain is DudX because cl looks like a D. Dropbox is 7, Amazon is 6 so saying 5 is the magic number when the domain barely fits your mission seems less consulting and more selling. Just my opinion though. I have SpareClouds.com if you're interested but that doesn't fit the suggested 5 letters.

•••
Agree with @Taylor Raye post. And I'd value cludx.com at reg fee, poor domain for a brand. Let us know your maximum budget and we'll see if we can find you something real nice as a brand. If you have a hefty budget I broker a list of hundreds of premiums, one real nice one might work for you.

*Note that Cludx would be a typo of Cloud x, and there are already a ton of brands on Cloud x. You don't want a brand that infringes, and you don't want a bad typo of their brands. Start fresh and new with your own brand.

And welcome to Namepros :)

Last edited:
•••
What a great arguments you made Taylor! I am totally agree with you. I will also make counter argument with my consultant that why not more then 5 letters.

Do you have dudx.com? Price? Also can you suggest some of the domain which you have for sell?

•••
cludx.com is that supposed to be short for Cloud X? Clud does not sound very good. Sounds like he's just trying to make a buck off of you for a crap name.

A very good short domain name like you are asking for is going to be expensive. The word cloud is 5 letters, not much room for an actual word. You would have to go made up brandable to meet that.

You don't want dud in your name. Else, your business will be a dud.

Last edited:
•••
•••
What a great arguments you made Taylor! I am totally agree with you. I will also make counter argument with my consultant that why not more then 5 letters.

Do you have dudx.com? Price? Also can you suggest some of the domain which you have for sell?
5 is just silly in my opinion. Zillow is 6, Realtor is 7, Forbes is 6, Estibot and Godaddy are each 7. Short is a good idea but just for the purpose of being short will create a branding nightmare in getting people to understand what your business actually is. I will look through my list but as @IntersectMarketing said, a great domain is going to be expensive and great isn't always short. I sold an 8 letter 2 word for $25k a few years ago, and the company is now making millions annually and growing so they were more than happy with the purchase. One of those words was home so it wasn't "brandable" in the made up word sense but it is now one of the largest national brands in the US real estate industry A great name can make all the difference.

•••
Agree with @Taylor Raye post. And I'd value cludx.com at reg fee, poor domain for a brand. Let us know your maximum budget and we'll see if we can find you something real nice as a brand. If you have a hefty budget I broker a list of hundreds of premiums, one real nice one might work for you.

*Note that Cludx would be a typo of Cloud x, and there are already a ton of brands on Cloud x. You don't want a brand that infringes, and you don't want a bad typo of their brands. Start fresh and new with your own brand.

And welcome to Namepros :)
You guys are very logical! I hope you and some other members will convince me to buy a domain from one of you, anyhow.

Do you think it is a good idea to mention my budget here openly? Can you offer me in private (if possible) with the list of domain you can offer to buy?

•••
If your budget is 5 to 6 figures I would go for a 3 letter .com. Much better quality, gives your brand a big image boost, easy to remember, easy to type, ranks well in search engines and a lot easier to sell in the future. Not only will it be an investment for your brand but there is also the likelihood it will be worth more in the future.

cludx is not good.

Last edited:
•••
5 is just silly in my opinion. Zillow is 6, Realtor is 7, Forbes is 6, Estibot and Godaddy are each 7. Short is a good idea but just for the purpose of being short will create a branding nightmare in getting people to understand what your business actually is. I will look through my list but as @IntersectMarketing said, a great domain is going to be expensive and great isn't always short. I sold an 8 letter 2 word for $25k a few years ago, and the company is now making millions annually and growing so they were more than happy with the purchase. One of those words was home so it wasn't "brandable" in the made up word sense but it is now one of the largest national brands in the US real estate industry A great name can make all the difference.
I agree and totally agree with you. So what is the brandable domain and what is the difference in non brandable domain?

Also can you offer some domains with price so i can move on? I have no issue in choosing one if seems good to me.

•••
I really dont think Cludx works at all. If I was after cloud services and saw this website, I certainly wouldn't click on it to find what I wanted.

I will pm you some cloud names today if you want.

•••
•••
Great name sent to direct messages. Good day!

•••
I think your business consultant want to short this word "cloud", seem like a creative domain and after 3,4 letters domain then 5 letters is good to remember. But for now, you can easily hand reg cludw, cludq,.. for under 10$ but I think w,q,.. doesn't mean anything. A lot of people here have some good names for cloud brand, add budget and we can send DM to you.

I have one and have already sent to you :)

•••
Cludx is indeed pronounced and short enough. But it is not the most suitable choice for your business. I think that if you are going to spend a lot of budget on branding, you can choose a business spelling letter, such as cludx, but if your promotion costs can't support the spread of new brands, then you should choose a cloud ending with 2 words. Domain, tell your users directly, what you are doing is cloud service,and PM sent my domain .Good lucky

Last edited:
•••
Definitely not a good buy. I also feel you shouldn't be trying to have cloud in your name. If you see most services they will have nice pronounceable names. That should be your first check before length. If the name passes the Radio Test (meaning if your customer can spell it correctly after hypothetically hearing the name on the radio).

Last edited:
•••
Back