NameSilo

.mobi Waiting for Google.mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

satsdifference.com

Love God Love LifeRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
google.mobi has worked fine since the begining... its been running for months now.

•••
mjnels said:
google.mobi has worked fine since the begining... its been running for months now.
Yes but do they advertise google.mobi? I have not see that yet.

keithmt

•••
i doubt google is gonna start advertising it yet.. the ideal conditions would be for all the big boys to advertise .mobi starting at the same time.. or as member "Think" had said months before, "Synchronicity." very important..

we'll see what happens.

•••
Timing

..waiting for Google.mobi - as a brand name (they already are working on a "Mobile Web Beta" search on google.com/pda.. a redirection by typing in google.com on the PDA).

Yes Google.mobi is currently a redirect to a .com; but, I am waiting for the day when google.mobi is its stand alone site.. and when they can advertise it as such..

Sometimes I even type it in waiting to see if the day is today where there is no redirect hehehe can't wait..

My guess is that the actual intentional business strategy is to wait for a timely moment when google.mobi, and msn.mobi become stand alone .mobi sites. The other "backers" in this business consortium already have stand alone .mobi sites.. why not them?

I am sure MTLD is negotiating with these giants behind the scenes pushing for such a timely move.. surely they have the best brains money can buy planning for it, to be timely.. right now the leaky faucet news pace of Dot Mobi is working spectacular.. 21 weeks old only.. perhaps it is their intention not to use up all their moves right away and then later just hope that they don't run out of gas (Google.mobi would be one of their best moves, saved). Timing is the key.. not all at once actually (not synchrosity).. apparently, that might be premature unfolding in their planning eyes.. best practice might be the pace that they have already been exhibiting.. nearly perfect.. where little news dripping goes a long way..Google.mobi may be being saved for a dry season.. but whenever it is time.. the key would be that when they spark it.. it should assure a lasting flame then..

Will a stand alone Google.mobi site even happen?

I can't see it NOT happening; especially, given the stand alone google.mobi news beta clue http://news.google.mobi/news?output=xhtml ... so when it does happen, I think that will be enormous for the adoption of Dot Mobi :hehe:

But for those wise interests in aftermarket steals.. waiting for that tomorrow may be costly..

My hunch is that influential onlookers read our Dot Mobi threads.. that don't post.. so I wanted to raise this big issue for our thoughts..

Kind Regards,

Yelo

•••
Yelo, I enjoy your leaky faucet analogy, though our impatience thirsts for the spigot to open up a bit more. All in all I think mTLD is doing a great job in raising this young tld.

•••
Thirsty

Scandiman, yes!

MTLD is mighty :hehe:

I am so happy these days :)

Kind Regards,

Yelo

•••
•••
Uh Oh!

Look out friends!

Seems like, while I have taken a vow of silence here, it has been low tide..

I am back for this moment, but I am afraid I, as the MTLD/CIA security change agent.. have startling news to report..

The following has been removed!
http://news.google.mobi/news?output=xhtml

It has now joined the redirect, no reverting mode..

What does this mean?

That all these happy go lucky future world government business powers in the elite Dot Mobi business consortium were not paying their respect to THE Big Boss? That, Google, has been under appreciated here.. with all the excitement on others joining the gang under and above the table?

No thanks, my friends, just give here the table

And I'll have to have faith, the everything will be alright.. Google.mobi or whatever comes.. I surrender..

(Now back to my day job - Hi my name is Yelo I am from "Franklin"

And let's make a shout out to some of the local support, now,
https://www.cia.gov/cgi-bin/comment_form.cgi)

:alien: :alien:

Love to Love

Kind Regards,

Yelo

Last edited:
•••
I was talking about this yesterday in another thread.

I sent an email to them yesterday asking that they start promoting google.mobi, because it was easier to type in.

If they take my suggestion, I'm sure everyone here will buy me a drink...

BUT, I think the reason google and the other big 2 aren't promoting their mobis yet is because they don't want to look stupid if .mobi is a complete flop. But, they can help it NOT be a flop by promoting them! Catch 22....we'll see.

•••
garrett200 said:
I was talking about this yesterday in another thread.

I sent an email to them yesterday asking that they start promoting google.mobi, because it was easier to type in.

If they take my suggestion, I'm sure everyone here will buy me a drink...

BUT, I think the reason google and the other big 2 aren't promoting their mobis yet is because they don't want to look stupid if .mobi is a complete flop. But, they can help it NOT be a flop by promoting them! Catch 22....we'll see.

very good.

the reason big companeis aren't promoting mobi yet is because it still lacks alot of content. It's way too early right now to promote.

•••
We need to see google.mobi, yahoo.mobi and msn.mobi being promoted.

I think it will come within the next couple years.

•••
garrett200 said:

They will promote those sites, but not that much until there is a surge in mobile content which has started and will be sufficient for the general public in probably 2 years like you said.

Right now you don't even need a search engine to look through the mobile web. Just got to dir.mobi and see the 500 sites listed.

So I expect all the big players to do major promotion for .mobi once there is much much more development.

•••
thinking1 said:
They will promote those sites, but not that much until there is a surge in mobile content which has started and will be sufficient for the general public in probably 2 years like you said.

Right now you don't even need a search engine to look through the mobile web. Just got to dir.mobi and see the 500 sites listed.

So I expect all the big players to do major promotion for .mobi once there is much much more development.

Defintly, also another factor with people accessing the mobile internet is that, they are affraid that they will get charged or just simply didint get the internet access though there provider (75% if the people i know don't know how to access the mobile web from there phone ect... currently) Once T-mobil, Verizon, cingular ect... start offering this service included with the package, it will start to take off to the common enduser IMO. And by that time, there should be enough .mobi content out there.

•••
thebiffenator said:
Defintly, also another factor with people accessing the mobile internet is that, they are affraid that they will get charged or just simply didint get the internet access though there provider (75% if the people i know don't know how to access the mobile web from there phone ect... currently) Once T-mobil, Verizon, cingular ect... start offering this service included with the package, it will start to take off to the common enduser IMO. And by that time, there should be enough .mobi content out there.
Yes Brian, I'm glad you see it. I've talked before about the convergence of better connectivity and better phones. It is hard to imagine mobi arriving at a better time IMO.

•••
I understand the content argument for them not promoting right now, but if the top 3 SE's started promoting their .mobi's today, it would spur so much .mobi content it would make all of our heads spin.

•••
scandiman said:
Yes Brian, I'm glad you see it. I've talked before about the convergence of better connectivity and better phones. It is hard to imagine mobi arriving at a better time IMO.

Yup,

And right now I think the only thing in the way for the all out surge for the spark of the mobile web to the common enduser is the connectivty and better phones (my phone cant display graphics on the web except for verizons get it now graphics and is about 1 1/2 years old color screen ect...), But I think the conectivty, better phones are coming soon.

(My thought is.....Imagine a baby: it takes 9 monts right? ...at least that's the last I heard from the bird and bees talk lol :) anyway if .mobi was the baby, I would have to say it's in its 4 month stage where its starting to kick a bit and showing life. And the parents "google, MS ect..." (are thinking what kind of furniture to buy it and how to paint the room, but first they got to know if its a boy or a girl!

Anyway thats my therory, if I don't make sense, then ohwell :D --I had some tasety beverages prior and feeling good now :)

•••
Thanks for making the WorldRadio.mobi Logo!

thebiffenator said:
Yup,

(My thought is.....Imagine a baby: it takes 9 monts right? ...at least that's the last I heard from the bird and bees talk lol :) anyway if .mobi was the baby, I would have to say it's in its 4 month stage where its starting to kick a bit and showing life. And the parents "google, MS ect..." (are thinking what kind of furniture to buy it and how to paint the room, but first they got to know if its a boy or a girl!

Anyway thats my therory, if I don't make sense, then ohwell :D --I had some tasety beverages prior and feeling good now :)

Had some drinks?!

Enjoy life my friend :)

This Dot Mobi stuff makes me so crayz, the only way is to surrender..

_______

Anyways,

What a Big Baby!

They are grooming this baby before its inception, business to business flipping the world, New World Order Flipped ;)

So, of course they are carefully, tacticfully, using their moves one by one..

And we're all part of it my friends,

Hold on!

We're strong, here, awake!

:'(

Kind Regards,

Yelo

Last edited:
•••
Yelo, you are most definitely a trip! A very positive trip, but still a trip!!! :)

•••
thebiffenator said:
-I had some tasety beverages prior and feeling good now :)
:bingo: It's 5 o'clock somewhere! :great:

•••
garrett200 said:

IF this ever occurs, I will be 55 years young IMHO. :p :kickass:

Have a great night!
-Jeff B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back