IT.COM

.com Vrio.com domain sale : Money vs Trust, Reputation

NameSilo
Watch

BuyBrandWeb.com

Praveen ChidaboyinaTop Member
Impact
I have acquired Vrio.com domain name on Namejet for $811 usd (Date of purchase: 2017-11-29) and sold it on Flippa for $8500 usd with BIN (sold on 2018-01-12)

It was a long story and bit interesting! In short,

I sold it within 45 days and domain was in my account then received a mail from MarksMen.com with $10k offer( Flippa buyer didn't pay when I received a mail) and it's for one of the MarksMen corporate clients and they immediately increased their offer to $15k. I had a discussion with Dane (from MarksMen) and they wanted the name(They might increase their offer!)

I had different options but I have honored the domain name to Flippa buyer since he has initiated the transaction first. Trust, honest and reputation is very important to my business and that is what I built on BuyBrandWeb.com and don't want to comprise it.

Jamie is mentioned the same on today's Domain movers series (http://dotweekly.com/domain-movers-mlg-com-winnipeg-com/)

I knew, I missed a big payday cheque but I'm happy to take $5500 usd profit within 45 days. I can earn money later but reputation and trust won't be compensated with money!

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Interesting. I own a similar domain and could have sworn I saw a commercial for yours just recently.

•••
I think, by doing what is right, you have made a great impression in the domaining community. It is a great breather to hear such inspirational deeds once in a while, when all we hear everywhere nowadays is how someone scammed/cheated someone.

Very honorable and noble thing you did of course. I wish you a great health and great many successes ahead. God bless you brother.

•••
Congrats! Your behavior and honesty are an example for others.

•••
Proud of you, and respect you for this, Praveen!

I have acquired Vrio.com domain name on Namejet for $811 usd (Date of purchase: 2017-11-29) and sold it on Flippa for $8500 usd with BIN (sold on 2018-01-12)

It was a long story and bit interesting! In short,

I sold it within 45 days and domain was in my account then received a mail from MarksMen.com with $10k offer( Flippa buyer didn't pay when I received a mail) and it's for one of the MarksMen corporate clients and they immediately increased their offer to $15k. I had a discussion with Dane (from MarksMen) and they wanted the name(They might increase their offer!)

I had different options but I have honored the domain name to Flippa buyer since he has initiated the transaction first. Trust, honest and reputation is very important to my business and that is what I built on BuyBrandWeb.com and don't want to comprise it.

Jamie is mentioned the same on today's Domain movers series (http://dotweekly.com/domain-movers-mlg-com-winnipeg-com/)

I knew, I missed a big payday cheque but I'm happy to take $5500 usd profit within 45 days. I can earn money later but reputation and trust won't be compensated with money!

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

•••
No brainer. It would have been the end of your auctions in Flippa and you're doing way too good there to throw it away. Leaving money on the table for others is ok also.

There will be other opportunities and end-user coming don't worry about it, try to brush it aside and keep moving forward!

•••
No brainer. It would have been the end of your auctions in Flippa and you're doing way too good there to throw it away. Leaving money on the table for others is ok also.

There will be other opportunities and end-user coming don't worry about it, try to brush it aside and keep moving forward!
Yeah, you're correct.

I was thinking about domain front running if someone had marksmen's client project info but simply these were allegations only and I don't have any info to prove!

Buyer had one business day to close the deal once we agreed to price but he failed to pay on that day! Then 3 consecutive holidays. I have allowed buyer to pay on 5th day then it has deposited in next day!

I had an option to cancel the deal by showing delayed payment as a reason.

Tell you what, there is a good and bad in this world. I have chosen good and I need to pass on few domains and look for better opportunities to make money in right way!

I had no intention to disclose vrio.com sale info initially since people contradict with their own opinions but Jamie discovered dns change and he asked me to share the info so this has been discussed on dotweekly.com domain movers series.

So I have shared all the details and my views here as well!

Last edited:
•••
Great sale, business etiquette and ethics. Congrats !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back