Dynadot

.VOTE Discussion Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I registered three and that's it.

His [dot] vote

Her [dot] vote

Purple [dot] vote (In the U.S., Indicates a moderate voter; red/blue are registry reserved)​

Did anyone else register any? If so, which ones did you snag?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At $75 per pop and the limited use... I could NOT rally around this extension. Too expensive and too little use potential for me but I am cheap that way.

Maybe I am missing something. If there is something that I am overlooking, I would love to hear what it is.

Cheers

•••
I hear you, ChubbyDfat -- they are a bit pricey, which is why I selected these kinds of keywords.

They're $60 at Go Daddy, so that helps a bit.

I decided to take a chance on a few generics -- just about everyone votes in their national elections, and good voting sites could be important.

It could be a big bomb, though, so there's that...

I avoided registering any politicians' names, though; the TOS is pretty clear on how you can use a personal name .vote.

•••
I hear you, ChubbyDfat -- they are a bit pricey, which is why I selected these kinds of keywords.

They're $60 at Go Daddy, so that helps a bit.

I decided to take a chance on a few generics -- just about everyone votes in their national elections, and good voting sites could be important.

It could be a big bomb, though, so there's that...

I avoided registering any politicians' names, though; the TOS is pretty clear on how you can use a personal name .vote.

I saw that there was a requirement (I did not read it in truth), but that is a shame that you can not get a politicians name.
If I had to choose a domain in this extension, it would have to be something like "republican", "democrat", "libertarian", "conservative", "liberal", or"green" (for green party).
If I couldn't get one of those... I would not go for it.
I have not even tried those, so they may be available.

Politics (which encompasses voting) is a tough line to walk.
I couldn't develop it because Net neutrality laws and the FEC laws are going to go into effect at the end of this month. From what I read, I am pretty sure that puts the squash to any free speech in regards to politics online (at least the FEC one does).

Cheers

•••
You can get a politician's name, but according to the registry rules, you can lose the domain if you post negative comments about that person.

Will that stand up in a U.S. court? I don't know....

•••
I reged one .vote, still pending, bet it doesn't go through. Shows available in Whois but I bet it's reserved and my card was charged anyway. This happens too much IMO, hope I'm wrong...

•••
•••
LOL...That is pretty funny, that movie is over 10 years old now.
Does it still have the same presence that it used to?

Cheers and thank you for the laugh.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back