Domain Empire

.us video.us dropping

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kate

Domainosaurus RexTop Member
Impact
video.us is now in pending-delete :lala:

Sold for 75K recently and already lost for lack of nexus compliance I guess :yell:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder why they didn't try to dump the thing, even at a loss, before getting it taken.

•••
It's been in "pending delete" for over 15 days (at least)

Best name in .us to drop (well deleted) in recent years i'd say :)

I'm sure you have a period of time where you can update your nexus details.

Not sure why they would not on a name that cost them 75K.

Last edited:
•••
domain expiration date shows 23rd april 2009.

Domain Expiration Date: Thu Apr 23 23:59:59 GMT 2009

•••
. . .

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

•••
Luxury.us went in a pending delete status about the same time Video.us did but the Luxury.us owner was able to save his domain. Not sure what the Video.us owner is doing... I hope he knows about this.

Now who placed a GoDaddy backorder on Video.us? :)

•••
webcom said:
Luxury.us went in a pending delete status about the same time Video.us did but the Luxury.us owner was able to save his domain. Not sure what the Video.us owner is doing... I hope he knows about this.

Now who placed a GoDaddy backorder on Video.us? :)

Not me, but my script tried to within milliseconds of it hitting RGP (and luxury.us, which I was able to backorder but was later pulled out).

So whoever DID backorder it either has a bunch of keywords on there just in case, or knew it was going to go into RGP. Now, hmm, how would they know that?

•••
•••
why not discuss it after it's dropped. It ruins it for everyone

•••
Lasher said:
Not me, but my script tried to within milliseconds of it hitting RGP (and luxury.us, which I was able to backorder but was later pulled out).

So whoever DID backorder it either has a bunch of keywords on there just in case, or knew it was going to go into RGP. Now, hmm, how would they know that?

The 2nd scenario is more plausible. The expiry date of video.us is 2009 so no one would have backordered it "just in case" more than 1 year ahead. There are, of course some people who knew it was going into RGP, and that includes the current owner. Maybe he was smart enough to place the backorder... through someone else.

•••
If this name does drop.....what do you think it will sell for at auction this week?

•••
Mid-$x,xxx :)

Last edited:
•••
Pool Grabbed It

It's over. Pool got it a few minutes ago.

•••
•••
It's like the owner just wasted $75K :S

•••
•••
webcom said:
The 2nd scenario is more plausible. The expiry date of video.us is 2009 so no one would have backordered it "just in case" more than 1 year ahead. There are, of course some people who knew it was going into RGP, and that includes the current owner. Maybe he was smart enough to place the backorder... through someone else.

Or, whoever turned them in ... if it wasn't just a random check.

I'd love to know how this all played out. If you spent 75k on a domain then got a nexus check, you'd surely spend the extra few hundred bucks to establish a US corporation -- although it would have been wise to do that before acquiring the domain, looks more legit.

So, this either means that the registry are being stricter with Nexus and looking for compliance at change of ownership rather than letting you get compliant retroactively, or, all attempts to contact the domain owner failed.

As to the outcome now, it would be amusing if the original owner re-bought it from Pool for 10k or something. Heck, maybe he could even sell it to them again :)

•••
what kind of person lets a $75,000 domain drop. Crazy

•••
Just FYI, I had the Godaddy backorder and of course I am highly dissappointed I didnt get it. And no, I wasnt involved in reporting anybody, I was just faster on this one than everybody else was (so that should file in some of the blanks in the conspiracy theories). When I saw it as pending delete, I B/O it immediately, oh well I guess better luck for me next time, I had my fingers crossed for over a month.

•••
marketingideas said:
Just FYI, I had the Godaddy backorder and of course I am highly dissappointed I didnt get it. And no, I wasnt involved in reporting anybody, I was just faster on this one than everybody else was (so that should file in some of the blanks in the conspiracy theories). When I saw it as pending delete, I B/O it immediately, oh well I guess better luck for me next time, I had my fingers crossed for over a month.

Good to know, thanks! I know that feeling too, had it on quite a few backorders, won some of them (gems, trends, karen - wife's name), didn't win some of them, I think dream.us was one that got away. Nothing the quality of video though.

•••
$75 K could've been used to create a small business here lol

I wonder how the ex-owner is feeling about this whole thing.

•••
How many here are in the auction with me :D

•••
Not really "in" the auction -- more like "watching" it, LOL.

Already up to $3100 and 3+ days to go. This one's going to be BIG! D-:

•••
I plan to win this auction.

•••
As a side note, I haven't been actively backordering for a few months. Are GD still decent at winning .US, or are Pool pretty much catching everything now?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back