Dynadot

interviews Video: Meet The Domain king - Rick Schwartz

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
With nearly $10 Million invested in meaningful domain names via revenue generated by those domain names since 1995, when few saw the need, the importance, the reason or the value! That Value has been increasing faster than any stock, commodity or land in history. It's digital oceanfront land that's income producing! Rick has a portfolio currently valued in excess of $500 Million.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for posting the interview. It's always worth to listen to Rick, the real domain king!

•••
Too bad,
These people have a good eye

•••
Viva la Rick Schwartz the DOMAIN KING!

Last edited:
•••
Great interview and data. That overstock info is incredible to know. Overstock paid 350k for o.co and spent a lot of money trying to rebrand to it just to find out that "a good portion of those who sought out the website went to O.com". https://adage.com/article/news/o-overstock-backs-o-change/230983

Everyone should listen to the whole thing, a lot to learn.

•••
Thanks for posting the interview.

•••
I 'Liked' the opening post - I just wish there was a 'BRILLIANT' option to click instead.

•••
Entertaining interview.

Rick Schwartz, the self styled "domainking" still loves the king - TLD .com although .com is not top.

For the record, I own a domain name which has a higher value than Mr. Schwartz's whole domain name - portfolio and the proof for my claim is that I (publicly post here that I) would not exchange my domain name for his whole domain name - portfolio in case he would ask for an exchange.

•••
For the record, I own a domain name which has a higher value than Mr. Schwartz's whole domain name - portfolio and the proof for my claim is that I (publicly post here that I) would not exchange my domain name for his whole domain name - portfolio in case he would ask for an exchange.

Are you drunk again?

•••
Are you drunk again?
Just because you obviously can't imagine I'm serious doesn't mean I drank * (which *, b. t. w., I never do) and the "again" in your question is an indirect insinuation that I can only reject as false (even if in your case it is just a cheap rhetorical trick).

* in case you mean alcoholic beverages

•••
•••
amazon own

a. co

google own

g. co

and twitter own

t. co

2 of those 3 companies have no competition and are trillion dollar companies

thank you for posting the video

always enjoyable listening to ricks decades of experience in domain name industry

•••
Entertaining interview.

Rick Schwartz, the self styled "domainking" still loves the king - TLD .com although .com is not top.

That's the spirit :)

•••
•••
Absolutely Rick is great. Thanks for this great interview.

•••
My spirit tells me that .com is not top.

•••
•••
Top spelled backwards makes... Maybe I'm onto something here...
The circumstance that "top" is a synonym for "highest" while "top" backwards makes "pot" which makes "high" (as far as I have heared) which is the base term of the word "highest" (now the circle closes) is definitely remarkable.

However, in that context, I do not recommend to consume cannabis just to "get high", better register the highest domain names.

We see, "top" even makes sense backwards - while .com, on the other hand, is not even a third of a word (com(mercial)) that is not top anyway.

•••
Namepros is as much a place for entertainment as it is for education 😂😂😂

Btw, that O.co point was so perfect!

•••
•••
Top spelled backwards makes... Maybe I'm onto something here...
Another point (maybe this was your initial idea) is that "pot" is slang for a big win ("(jack)pot" (BTW in regards to "jackpot" I own "jacktop.top"), so yes, I think you are onto something here ...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back