IT.COM

advice [Video] How to not lose your shirt investing in domain names for China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Allegravita, a consultancy for doing business in China that has worked with a number of domain name companies, has published three info-packed sessions from the DomainFest Asia conference held in September.
The company has packaged them together as a “Boot Camp” on the Chinese domain name market, and one video in particular is worth watching for any domainer thinking about investing in domains that might appeal to the Chinese.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing the Video...I learned a lot! Well worth the viewing time IMO

I regged my first ever Mandarin pinyin numeric domain after watching it (most likely it's a reach but I figured what the hell)...I'm still not sure as that Chinese language is mind blowing IE. 20,000 characters, lol & each character is drawn in a certain order which differentiates its uniqueness.

Last edited:
•••
•••
How to not lose your shirt investing in Chinese Domain Names? Simple. Don't invest in Chinese domain names.

Don't forget that you're just speculating--betting on a day, much unlike today, where someone will want to finally buy your domain name, and do something with it--where it finally demonstrates some real-world value. But that day will never come, Because alas, it has none.

•••
My bank account balance would like to say otherwise. Sold all of the 95 LLLL .com's i purchased 10 months ago for 4x and i sold way too early. Picked up some 6N which are sitting on 3x and some around 2x.
Timing is everything if you don't want to lose your shirt in this game

•••
How to not lose your shirt investing in Chinese Domain Names? Simple. Don't invest in Chinese domain names.

Don't forget that you're just speculating--betting on a day, much unlike today, where someone will want to finally buy your domain name, and do something with it--where it finally demonstrates some real-world value. But that day will never come, Because alas, it has none.
That's sound like a brilliant plan.
If I wanted to make no money on domaining I would def-ly go for it :)

The one who doesn't take the risk, doesn't get the reward either.
And the higher is the risk - the higher is the reward.

•••
I think I'm finally understanding the craze. It has nothing to do with lucky numbers etc. it's about them being able to move money around without government regulations. Another form of crypto currency. The patterns and sequences are just bonuses to them.

•••
from what i've understood seem that numbers are better than letters.
Shorter is better but it has to make sense.
About letters, seem that you can find a meaning for every letter combinations, just do not use O, I, U, V. Obv there are letters used more frequently than others so to my eyes it is good to evalutate a name based on those things + TLD already taken.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back