NameSilo

Very low traffic, what to do now - Advice please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hi...

i just bought a domain... literally, a few days ago... realised that now i dont want to build the site due to a few personal reasons...

clearly it had very little traffic if any... im wondering... if there is anyway at all i could make any money on this site how?

any info is appreciated and ill await your ideas...

thanks...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, park it at NameDrive or Sedo... Or you can try to sell the domain. If it has very little traffic, I don't think your going to have enough clicks to earn your money back.

•••
ok, so the 2 mentioned are the best sites for parking a domain? i might have to take a look at the sites, any more suggestions are welcomed...

as for selling the site... sites with low traffic, do they tend to sell well or mainly not a chance when trying to sell?

thanks for the help so far and any more to come

•••
maidioso said:
as for selling the site... sites with low traffic, do they tend to sell well or mainly not a chance when trying to sell?

I thought it didn't have a site in the first post?

If it does have a site with little traffic, it could sell as fast as a site with a lot of traffic, just not as much. It really depends on the domain, site design, and coding that goes with it. Some people prefer sites that don't have any or much traffic as they are cheaper.

•••
oh.. sorry, the site isn't well developed...

at the moment it has a 'coming soon' page and phpbb forums set up, skinned and modded.. that is all, sorry if the previous post was misleading.. the forums dont have any posts or users as of yet, because the site didnt go live...

•••
Chances are it's not worth anything. Unless it's a highly brandable name the value in a domain most typically comes from the revenue it generates. Try listing it for sale here and see if you get a nibble.

•••
hmm... thanks 4 your honesty...

dont think it will be of interest to many people however

Last edited:
•••
as much as i hate self promotion, 1plus.net is probably your best bet

•••
interesting badger.. what can you offer that sedo etc cant? interesting to know myself as i have hundreds of domains that iam always looking for better options.

•••
1plus.net is more like a mini site, so SOMETIME, the search engines will index the content so you get more than just type in solution . .

caveat . . . havent happen to me yet . . . have yet to make a cent :) but I'm being patient since Badgers seem so responsive

•••
so i signed up to 1plus.. in my account i click domains...

added my domain to the list... now do i just wait?

•••
did you add your adense id too?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back