Dynadot

discuss Verify Whois Info for Domain Auction Wins

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I recently won a domain auction at Namejet. I was adding it to my EFTY account and when doing so noticed the registrant email address was an old one. I checked the WHOIS and sure enough the WHOIS contact info was a prior address, prior email and phone number. How did this happen? I contacted Namejet since that is where the auction was won. My account info and billing info at Namejet was changed a couple years ago shortly after I moved. However, somehow NETSOL had an old account with the old registrant info and the domain got stuck in there even though my contact info at Namejet is different. Namejet Support was uninterested in resolving the issue even though they recently implemented an Administrative Fee. I wonder why they charge that if they are not trying to help customers who pay premium for auction wins. They referred me to the registrar who I am trying to work with to resolve the issue. Of course I can't just send an account password reset request because it would go to the wrong email address.

Imagine if I had not discovered this until time for renewal and never got the renewal notice....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's normal. sometimes when domains get transferred the whois data doesn't automatically update. Log into your reg and update the info... no problems at all.

•••
Imagine if I had not discovered this until time for renewal and never got the renewal notice....
You should never rely on the renewal notice, but maintain your own lists of inventory along with anniversary dates.

•••
The odd thing is that I did have an account at NETSOL with my current contact info but this domain was not placed into that account. I have also had this happen with Namejet auctions where the name is registered at Name.com. They just randomly put it into another account and then the registrant has to figure out how to transfer the domain into their real account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back