IT.COM

Value of parking page layouts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hello,

i am parked with domainspa (1500+) i like thier pages but revenue isnt great. i like dealing with fabulous but think the parking pages at domainspa look better. now i have seen the activeaudience.com pages and think they are better "looking" than domainspa :imho:

does the look of a parking page influence a consumer to "click"? does a good looking parked page make the consumer more "confident" that they are on a legitimate site?

any thoughts? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
uglier and poorer navigation sites get more clicks

and thats a fact

•••
I would suggest for a better CTR:

- Light page
- not to many links
- one picture that has something to do with the keyword

•••
I would not say it was so much about a visitor seeing what they think is a 'legitimate site' but rather seeing something in front of them that they are interested in.

Everyone that arrives at your parked page is looking for some information, if they do not see anything that interests them they will just click the 'back' button on their browser and try something else. If they see something on your landing page that appeals more to them than going back and trying again then they will try it.

Just my opinion.

All the best.

Richard

•••
Read some tips on how to make MFA sites more successful

and the one company that has their parked pages closest to the best MFA site, theres the one you should choose ;)

•••
DomainSage said:
I would not say it was so much about a visitor seeing what they think is a 'legitimate site' but rather seeing something in front of them that they are interested in.

Everyone that arrives at your parked page is looking for some information, if they do not see anything that interests them they will just click the 'back' button on their browser and try something else. If they see something on your landing page that appeals more to them than going back and trying again then they will try it.

Just my opinion.

All the best.

Richard

thanks richard,
personally i feel more comfortable clicking on a parking page that represents a minisite. i agree that it has to interest the consumer formost.

projectlive said:
Read some tips on how to make MFA sites more successful

and the one company that has their parked pages closest to the best MFA site, theres the one you should choose ;)

sorry for my ignorance. whats an MFA site?

projectlive said:
uglier and poorer navigation sites get more clicks

and thats a fact

scary thing is, that in the back of my mind you might be right but i hope not :imho:

•••
mfa = made for adsense

designed to get more clicks

•••
This is an example of an ActiveAudience.com page

D'oh said:
hello,

i am parked with domainspa (1500+) i like thier pages but revenue isnt great. i like dealing with fabulous but think the parking pages at domainspa look better. now i have seen the activeaudience.com pages and think they are better "looking" than domainspa :imho:

does the look of a parking page influence a consumer to "click"? does a good looking parked page make the consumer more "confident" that they are on a legitimate site?

An Example of an ActiveAudience.com page can be found here.
http://gangstarap.org/

•••
D'oh said:

Parking pages are mostly about linking a user/visitor's idea of what they want with the delivered ads. It is more efficient, in fact, to not seem to be a developed site, as this will cause confusion (although developed sites can have much higher revenue potential, but that's another topic.) In short, keep it clean and simple and try your best to optimize keywords (this is more effective than layout.)

•••
correction

domainspa pages look better :imho:

but activeaudience pays better :imho:

•••
D'oh said:
correction

domainspa pages look better :imho:

but activeaudience pays better :imho:
Ultimately, it's the bottom line that matters.

D'oh said:
hello,

I think the most important things are
(a) Ease of Use
(b) Relevancy

For example, if the fonts are too small or the whole page is filled with links not well categorized and that requires me to spend some time looking for what I want, I usually don't bother to continue.

Assuming it is easy on the eyes and well-categorized but I find that the easily presented links are not relevant then again I won't bother to continue.

Appearance matters in that everything should be easy to read and find. Pictures that help finding the relevant links would be helpful. Pictures that are pretty but misleading would not help.

:imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back