IT.COM

domain Value of kubu.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wdog

Impact
I bought a domain named kubu.com about 3 years ago for $10,000. It was for an electronics product that we are no longer going to sell. I have just been offered 10,000 for it without putting it in an auction or anything. I think it's value is not high for a small web or ecommerce business since it's not something someone would search for but for a startup looking for a unique company or product name I think it could be quite valuable. What do you think? I hate to part with it but I have no use for it now. I can afford to list it for sale and wait for the ideal buyer but don't want to pass up 10,000 if I'm not likely to do better.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Kubu is indonesian means Stronghold
Kubu has 13,900,000 search results.

and then there is this.
www.kubu.hu/
KUBU 96.5 FM - Access Sacramento
www.villakubu.com
kubulodge.net/
www.kubuisland.com
www.kubuindahresort.com/
www.kubusafarilodge.com
Kubu Rattan Woven Headboard | Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com › Furniture › Bedroom › HeadboardsPier 1 Imports
$149.99 to $249.99
Kubu Rattan Woven Headboard. Kubu Rattan Twin Headboard. Kubu Rattan Full Headboard. KubuRattan Queen Headboard. Kubu Rattan King Headboard ...
www.kubuqueen.com
Kubu Cempaka Seminyak (Bali) - 2016 Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
www.tripadvisor.com › ... › Bali › Seminyak › Seminyak B&Bs / InnsTripAdvisor
Rating: 4.5 - ‎150 reviews - ‎Price range: $28 - $81 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Book Kubu Cempaka Seminyak, Bali on TripAdvisor: See 121 traveler reviews, 128 candid photos, and great deals for Kubu Cempaka Seminyak, ranked #3 of ...
Kubu Consulting - South Africa and Australia
www.kubu.net/
KUBU has a unique combination of world-acknowledged experts: Dr Stephen Emery and Dr Emile Horak, complimenting each other, to provide a holistic ...
Kubu Cempaka Seminyak Hotel: Hotels in Seminyak Kuta Bali
www.kubucempakaseminyak.com/
Hotel Kubu Cempaka Seminyak is a smart property located in the lifestyle district of Seminyak that is an easy 15 minute walk from one of Balis best stretches of ...
Kubu Cabins
www.kubucabins.com/
The Place to Be. Kubu Cabins, about 20 minutes drive from Livingstone. Quite simply Kubu Cabins is the adventure of a lifetime, accommodation beyond your ...
http://www.kubuwiravillas.com/

DO NOT DO NOT SELL THIS DOMAIN FOR LESS THAN $250,000.

BEST OF LUCK!

I am most excited about these for you:

http://www.kubucempakaseminyak.com/
http://www.kubuwiravillas.com/
http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/series/KUB/kubu

https://www.villakubu.com/

http://www.balidiving.com/bali-diving-sites/tulamben/kubu/

Last edited:
•••
•••
Kubu is a CVCV domain - Consonant / Vowel / Consonant / Vowel

Below is the last 10 C / u / C / u sales recorded on NameBio:

upload_2016-9-9_20-21-33.png

Best of luck with the domain. My advice is to listen to other pros. See what they have to say, and evaluate everything you've heard. If you are in a position to hold out for more, I suggest you counter for more than what you paid for. CVCV domain are in short supply, especially with quality consonants such as 'k' and 'b'. Other factors to consider is the amount of offers you've received, and traffic.

Last edited:
•••
You should not sell for 10K.
Leave the domain on a landing page and wait until you get much more. even if it takes 10 years.

•••
As a pessimist 99% of the time, this 1% of the time I would agree this is a 10k name

•••
I wouldn't wait 10 years to sell it, unless you need the money. You should easily get more thank 10K at auctions. If you are patient the right interested party will probably lowball you, you can counter with 50K. I don't know about 250K as suggested from one poster. That is a big chunk of money, and without a website behind it would be very difficult to justify. 250K can buy you seven to ten 3L .com.

•••
50K sounds reasonable. Unless you start a social media site on it, then the name could be worth a lot more.

•••
Let's get realistic when we are throwing out $250k numbers, you can get a lot of really nice domains in that budget range.

I think on a good day if you got $25k you should be happy. $50k would be a company with some good funding, who is set on the name.

Otherwise $7-15k you are realistically looking at in the after market.

10 years is a long ways out, if you are not using the domain, sometimes it's best to take what's out these today given there is a demand for such a name, and the market will pay you a fair price today.

Last edited:
•••
I would try and get in the $10k - $25k range for this one...nice short, brandable name. You are never going to get 250k for this name. Good luck with the name

•••
"Kubu" I like the sound. My thought:

Kubu $35-50=Chinese buyer= somehow realistic
Kubu $10-25 = other buyers = realistic
Kubu= $50-$250 = Luck

10years waiting to sell, not recommended. Good luck.

•••
"Kubu" I like the sound. My thought:

Kubu $35-50=Chinese buyer= somehow realistic
Kubu $10-25 = other buyers = realistic
Kubu= $50-$250 = Luck

10years waiting to sell, not recommended. Good luck.

I assume those are 35K, 50K, 250K

•••
hint. buy a travel website script.

Think Vacation Rentals or an expedia or orbitz THEN SELL FOR $250K minimum invest about $1500. not even a year . heck you might not even want to sell after that after it earns you back your initial investment. might be a new source of steady income.

when one door closes another opens.

tons of villas like the ones I mentioned earlier would pay your for guest referrals but think worldwide. hotels? vacation rentals?

don't have the money? go on freelancer.com and find someone willing to go 20-80 with you. 20 to them 80 to you. their 20% will be to dev the site and manage. your end is paying the hosting.

there you go. you're welcome.

•••
•••
if only it was that easy :xf.rolleyes:

IT'S NOT. but the name kicks ass. this is why Flippa makes high sales because they package great domains with websites. I haven't done it personally but I don't have a 4 letter kickass brandable domain that has relevance to the vacation rental travel and lodging niche.

a Kubu is like a native bamboo hut. so it can work with a vacation rental or hotel site idea. just sayin.

•••
•••
Kubu is a malay language word.
Malay language is used as official language in Malaysia and Indonesia.

Kubu means fortress/stronghold.
Imho, the name is highly brandable for antivirus/secure cloud computing related.

•••
@wdog, you seem like an intelligent business person. You developed a plan in the past, and, well, it simply didn't go the way that you intended. Now, you have an asset that has value today. You must weigh the opportunity cost of the decision that you're about to make. What can $10,000 do for you today, and, if you wait, what will you forgo if you decide to not to sell it for $10,000? The former is easily answerable: You lost a potential buyer that is willing to pay today's rates for a 4 letter pronounceable domain name in a consonant-vowel-consonant-vowel format. While yes, the type of domain that you have is in high demand, you may have to wait a while to get more unless this current buyer is willing to negotiate higher. Now, take the present value of that $10,000 and see what you can do with it now for your other business ventures - because it seems that you're not into domain name investing itself - as opposed to waiting and hoping for a better outcome 5, 10, or even 15 years later.

I'll leave you with a quote that cannot be contested and pretty much sums up my stance on this,
“The money that money makes, makes more money.” – Benjamin Franklin​

I quoted @wwwweb's post for you below to analyze as well; I think this is the most sound advice posted. I would seriously overlook anything else, especially that $250,000 figure that I couldn't even believe seeing as it is not based on any factual evidence other than one's own opinion of it being a "kick ass" name any substantial key performance indicators that are sought in a name as "search results" don't amount to much, if at all. It's "search volume" that's the factor that you would want to see a high number in.

Let's get realistic when we are throwing out $250k numbers, you can get a lot of really nice domains in that budget range.

I think on a good day if you got $25k you should be happy. $50k would be a company with some good funding, who is set on the name.

Otherwise $7-15k you are realistically looking at in the after market.

10 years is a long ways out, if you are not using the domain, sometimes it's best to take what's out these today given there is a demand for such a name, and the market will pay you a fair price today.

Good luck

Edit: My initial comment has been stricken out for my mistake in the initial interpretation of the post that laid claim to this being a $250,000 name as pointed out by @Mr. Deleted

Last edited:
•••
especially that $250,000 figure that I couldn't even believe seeing as it is not based on any factual evidence other than one's own opinion of it being a "kick ass" name.

I did not agree that much with the 250K, but that was not just based on the kick-ass name, but as a keyword in another language, which is something I would not know anything about. But ya, I would rather make it into a site then sell it than sell to the first buyer that comes along.

Last edited:
•••
if someone offered you 10k hire a broker to find out what its really worth ,make his commission on a sliding scale which starts low and grows more at higher ranges ,this way its in his best interest to get the most for your money,do not use the domain name brokers who ask 15 grand for 500 domains uni-know who im taking about ,they suck

•••
To add a little more information. If I sold the site now for the 10K I have been offered, I would just put the money in the bank. I've had the domain name for 3 years and get offers once a month or so but this is the first one that was serious money. This one was also from someone asian since there were chinese (or some asian language) letters in the offer and google translated for me. A number of the offers have been similar but most not serious money. However, I have done nothing to try to let anyone know this website exists since it was used for my product that I decided not to go to market with. I would just hate to sell for 10K if with a little effort and patience I might get 15 to 25k. Anyone commenting it would be helpful if you say something like you think it is worth 10 to 25K what you would do if you were in my shoes. Would you pass up 10k to try to get more given that I'm in no hurry and don't need the money or would you take the 10k because you are worried you might end up having to sell for less down the road?

•••
To add a little more information. If I sold the site now for the 10K I have been offered, I would just put the money in the bank. I've had the domain name for 3 years and get offers once a month or so but this is the first one that was serious money. This one was also from someone asian since there were chinese (or some asian language) letters in the offer and google translated for me. A number of the offers have been similar but most not serious money. However, I have done nothing to try to let anyone know this website exists since it was used for my product that I decided not to go to market with. I would just hate to sell for 10K if with a little effort and patience I might get 15 to 25k. Anyone commenting it would be helpful if you say something like you think it is worth 10 to 25K what you would do if you were in my shoes. Would you pass up 10k to try to get more given that I'm in no hurry and don't need the money or would you take the 10k because you are worried you might end up having to sell for less down the road?
Two options:
1) Take the $10,000 (but, I believe you can get $12,000-$15,000 from this opening offer) and see how much the interest on that money would compound in different types of investments.
2) Take the gamble and wait out a higher offer, not currently getting a return on a bond, cd, savings account, stock market (12% if lucky) , etc. in the meantime.

Good luck.

•••
Because of inflation, 10K in the bank will just loose buying power, so it is safer in owning the domain.

•••
Malay language is used as official language in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Not really, the official language of Indonesia is Indonesian, while Malay is official language of Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore. Kubu means Side or Party in Indonesian.

I think low to mid five figures for kubu.com

•••
Ok seems like you want out let the buyers know what you paid for the domain and Are Willing To Show Them Documentation With That Tell Them That You Are Setting Up An escrow.com Link That Will Be Offered At 40% Higher Than You Paid Tell Them You Will Keep The Domain invoice Active Till The End Of sept. For anyone to grab but as a courtesy you will not promote it till after Sept and if they choose not to before that please let you know. Make them pay for escrow too so you net 14k and I'm sure you have renewal fees and other fees to offset the 4k profit. BUT I DON'T SEE SeNCE OF URGENCY LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A DOMAIN THAT'S WORTH 25 GRAND. personally I think you should shoot an email to Andrew rosner and see if you can get a deal similar to what I suggested in my first post .I think he's perfect for this domain,he may even buy it himself

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back