Dynadot

sales Valuable 3 Letter IRC.COM acquired by London Trust Media

NameSilo
Watch

anantj

Top Member
Impact
London Trust Media has acquired irc.com with plans to start a new and improved IRC service. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to determine the exact date or price of the sale.

Visit IRC.com for the new owner's plans for the domain and service!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't get it'; why did he need irc.com to revive irc? Anyone who knows irc does not need domain names or anything in this matter to connect or revive as a community lol.

Why did Cars.com want cars.com? Why does hotels.com need hotels.com? This is one of the most powerful brands/domains for IRC. It is a direct match, easy to remember and recall, very well known abbreviation and perfectly represents what it is intended for!

Oh and your second sentence is very wrong. You NEED a domain name to host the relay servers. How else are users going to get on the network and channels? Of course he needs a domain name and what is more powerful than IRC.com itself?

Last edited:
•••
I don't get it'; why did he need irc.com to revive irc? Anyone who knows irc does not need domain names or anything in this matter to connect or revive as a community lol.

This guy connected to Dalnet; in our terms back in the day Dalnet was lame as shit lol; Efnet Servers were the place to be as efnet was the piracy and legit underground part of the internet.

If anything this guy has a better chance using irc.com as a crypto startup of some kind for decentralized chat.

what's the next sale; bbs.com?

Last edited:
•••
I read IRC.com and I love the story and the passion and I feel the story can resonate with many people. I wish the website luck!

•••
Looks like London Trust Media Holdings already owns PIA and freenode. That's a powerful combination in the IRC community. I'd love to see IRC make a comeback.

•••
IRC.com? AKA Internet Relay Chat? I'm surprised that domain wasn't with an end user ages ago. Congratulations to the seller!

•••
It would be interesting to know the sale price. It's a VCC .com and it's an acronym that has a well establoshed meaning and a whole community around it (there's IRC's all over the internet. I feel $xxx,xxx to $x,xxx,xxx for the sales price but I could be wrong since I'm rather new to this.

•••
I like the name

eg no one trusts them

Allegedly

•••
mIRC, dal.net... what a nostalgy...

•••
A lot of great companies were born on this platform, like the original slack. got me missing prank radio, almost regged yorph.com a while back lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back