Dynadot

Using shopping portals for 5-12% Cash Back or Air Miles at GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brian L.

Top Member
Impact
I found a good way to get what amounts to 5-12% cash back on domains and other services at GoDaddy. I apologize if someone has already posted this tip.

I personally use the Alaska Airlines shopping portal to receive 5 points for every dollar spent at GoDaddy. Once you’ve signed up. Log in to the respective shopping portal before each purchase, search for GoDaddy and follow the affiliate link. It’s a nice way to top up your mileage balance and reset the clock if your mileage account is close to expiring. If you prefer actual cash back, there are some portals for that too.

Here are a few shopping portals I’ve found that offer GoDaddy cash back:

Airline points:
Alaska Air
British Airways
United
Southwest
Delta
Jetblue

Cash:
Ebates
Dollar Dig
Mr. Rebates

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the tip.

In the UK Quidco (refer a friend link which gives a £10 bonus) offers cash-back on Godaddy 5-12%.

Quidco's rules for Godaddy cashback:
  • What will stop me earning cashback?
  • If you purchase Aftermarket Products, Sunrise/Landrush domain registrations and Round up for Charity donations
  • If you purchase domains in groups of six or more, including bulk renewals
  • Cashback will only be rewarded on an individual customer's first 30 transactions
  • If you apply an additional discount that reduces your overall purchase price, this may cause your cashback to be declined or reduced. e.g Voucher codes, student discount, staff discount
  • If you pay for your purchase using a gift card
  • If you purchase a gift card & gift vouchers
  • If your purchase is not fully completed online
  • If you participate in any other offer/ promotion that is not covered in the retailer Cashback rates
@onni Do the shopping portals that you mention also limit cashback to a limited number of transactions per customer? The number is 30 for Quidco.

•••
Thanks for the tip.

In the UK Quidco (refer a friend link which gives a £10 bonus) offers cash-back on Godaddy 5-12%.

Quidco's rules for Godaddy cashback:
  • What will stop me earning cashback?
  • If you purchase Aftermarket Products, Sunrise/Landrush domain registrations and Round up for Charity donations
  • If you purchase domains in groups of six or more, including bulk renewals
  • Cashback will only be rewarded on an individual customer's first 30 transactions
  • If you apply an additional discount that reduces your overall purchase price, this may cause your cashback to be declined or reduced. e.g Voucher codes, student discount, staff discount
  • If you pay for your purchase using a gift card
  • If you purchase a gift card & gift vouchers
  • If your purchase is not fully completed online
  • If you participate in any other offer/ promotion that is not covered in the retailer Cashback rates
@onni Do the shopping portals that you mention also limit cashback to a limited number of transactions per customer? The number is 30 for Quidco.

I don't think there is a limit with the Alaska Air portal. I've used it at least 50 times with GoDaddy.
I imagine the other airline portals are the same. They all seem to use the same aggregator for their shop feeds. I've only used Ebates a few time, so I'm not sure if they limit anything.

I'm not sure what all the restrictions are on GoDaddy cashback, except for what I've experienced. I'm a discount domains member and they still pay out on purchases. Incidentally, I received cash back for the purchase price of the discount domain club. They've paid out when I've used coupons. Unfortunately, they only pay out on the renewal fee, not the purchase price, of auction domains.

•••
I don't think there is a limit with the Alaska Air portal. I've used it at least 50 times with GoDaddy.
I imagine the other airline portals are the same. They all seem to use the same aggregator for their shop feeds. I've only used Ebates a few time, so I'm not sure if they limit anything.

I'm not sure what all the restrictions are on GoDaddy cashback, except for what I've experienced. I'm a discount domains member and they still pay out on purchases. Incidentally, I received cash back for the purchase price of the discount domain club. They've paid out when I've used coupons. Unfortunately, they only pay out on the renewal fee, not the purchase price, of auction domains.

Very cool. Thanks for the info. Even with limits, should be possible to make hundreds of transactions by going through different portals.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back