Domain Empire

Using (.) or t/h/i/s when mentioning domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sarah.kate

Established Member
Impact
I've noticed that a lot of people don't just write out their domains, but instead do different things like

p/i/z/z/a.com or pizza(.)com

I assume this is to keep a buyer from finding any discussion about the name on this forum. So, what is the best way to protect your domain? I'm sure there are many opinions!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Sarah, Welcome To NamePros

p/i/z/z/a.com is the best way, imo.

•••
Hi Sarah,
WelcomeNPPuzzle.jpg

•••
•••
Hello Sarah .. welcome to NamePros! :)

Some people will say Google can find pretty much anything .. but yeah, the slash thing is pretty common .. or else you can add "(dot com)" .. or use spaces.

It really depends on the keyword(s) ... if it's pizza .. then chances are you won't get ranked anywhere near the the top for "Pizza", so you'd be safe. But if it's PurplePolkadotPenguin.com .. then that would rank fairly easily and you might want to use some of those tricks.

Good luck in your future domaining adventures! :)

•••
Hey there @sarah.kate
IMG_20170512_080604.jpg

I prefer (dot) mainly cause I am lazy

•••
Hey Sarah,

Welcome to NamePros! sometimes I use images, good luck

•••
Thanks for all the replies! I think I will use (dot) because that seems easier to type than ////.

•••
Welcome to name pros...
You can use (dot) and ////...

•••
Thanks for all the replies! I think I will use (dot) because that seems easier to type than ////.
Another suggestion..is to "edit" out the domain name after auction ended (etc).
If you can't do it (sometimes it happens) Pm a "admin/mod" or just "report" yourself and ask that the name be removed!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello. Welcome to N/a/m/e/P/r/o/s(.)com.

•••
•••
Hi Sarah and welcome...I use spaces and spell 'dot' to help keep the bots away.

•••
•••
Welcome, Sarah Kate! (y)
I've noticed that a lot of people don't just write out their domains, but instead do different things like

p/i/z/z/a.com or pizza(.)com
I find p/i/z/z/a.com harder to read and prefer to use: p i z z a . c o m

Disclaimer: not at all sure this helps obfuscate it from search engines, but I don't give a flying... well, you know what :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi sarah.kate :) Good question.
Even tho I am newer than you, Welcome

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back