NameSilo

discuss Using bots to check/buy domain assets

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Also its much easier to work with bot that search domains, i found tons of best domains and i mean best domains which no body ever register them, and its f*cking weird , there was a day i found very high quality domain until i register it somebody already buy it , so from experience not theory, out there is alot of high end domains its just impossible to find them by hand, with bot its much easier,

Which bot do you use and recommend?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would you care to share your bot? I've never seen a bot doing the sort of things you are describing.

mate go to some freelancer coder website pay to someone to build you bot, its very easy, the hard part its to make the bot more smart,

•••
weird only one post he have reddit and he never posted again

That's very common on reddit. Someone makes a post about how rich he got or is getting then you never hear from them again.

•••
It seems your bot isn't working well judging from the kind of domains it found for you so far?

•••
I would not compare unregistered names to names that have been registered.
Not all names that are registered are good.
Compare to what sells. Imo

•••
Just watching to see where this ends

•••
dont regsiter any domain until you understand what to register is so f*cking important , new people run to regsiter domains and in the end the understand that the domains is so bad,

dont register nothing try to understand what to register, this is the most big mistake of new people they run to register and after some time they understand how the hell i register this names?? so try to understand this, i think the most important factor is what to register??

Your own words are also my advice, again.

•••
you know what freak me out is that out there alot uase bots because i run a test to see from 1000k domains to see what register and its around 100-200domains which also scare me,,sometime i think maybe i neededn to register them??? i just new and i was involved in startups and other ventures, i know ton of investors in the silicon valley, so when i enter to new biz ,, i know my cards, if my cards is not strong i dont enter for sure, the same with domains i dont run to regsiter or whatever until i know that my cards is strong,,people over one year in this biz and register very bad domains and i am only around 2 weeks in this biz and still learn,,

I appreciate your work and energy!

But, look a stair has many steps to climb at the top. Please go step by step. Your step is not a step of beginner.

Hand register few names, sell them and gauge the market/industry!

•••
Here y'all.... a freebie: These are 2 word english lists, they need review of course some are ok, some crap but they are (2) word combos from my "bot"... not a bot, haha, just a piece of software I had written for me when I started. It works for my purposes and all lists need manual thought and review.

Enjoy, I have no idea if any will sell are good, it's as-is where-is, caveat emptor. If you find one or a few post that you did- no disclosure of name needed. I don't care what they are, all I hope is you make money.

Btw: @creataweb thanks, for the one words you posted awhile back. I sold several just for the heck of a quick flip, something I never do but was sorta funny. 10x return. Really dinky sales, but fun.

Speaking of spelling, "Recognise" might work in England, but not in the US.

Attachments

• namepros-parsed-4131415-2019.txt
    1 MB · Views: 34
•••
Is part of this discussion I wonder differences of opinion re what is a bot and what is not? I am sure that the big outfits must use automation software to at least do part of the selection process re what they will bid on and for how much, just like the investment houses do, but I presume with human oversight and some role in processing?

I think that potentially a machine learning bot that used reinforcement learning to gradually get better and better could before long equal even a highly skilled individual.

Bob

•••
I am confused how posting a bunch of names is in any way a response to the point of my post above, @zeev yagorov but OK. Have a nice day.

•••
So, What did you think I curated the list? Nope. Raw data from American english no English English words like Colour or recognise. The people that do that curation are on other threads or blogs want to make money off your clicks and their GD auctions.

Hey .. in all fairness I was sharing my lists a full YEAR before I added affiliate links! lol

Plus I do not recommend buying all the domains I post daily at NameCult or here at NamePros .. my lists is simply to show the better and/or more interesting domains each day .. and just because they are better than the 99% of the garbage does not necessarily mean they are good investments depending on the final price ... but they are definitely better than the ones discussed here (or at least compared to the ones that are actually available!

I get a lot of my own domains at closeout ($5 to $11 + renewal) .. if you look at the full "master list" of all domains going to auction/closeout each day there is also a TON of garbage .. but it's still significantly better going that route looking for names that are just $5 to $11 more compared to the available names in this thread!

Last edited:
•••
There are plenty of word spinners in existence.
Unless you find good names and make good sales thanks to da bot, your effort is useless and pointless.

•••
I might be stating the obvious but surely how good, or bad, a bot can be in domain picking must depend on the niche pretty strongly. For example, if picking 5N domains, then lots off sales history, the bots can look at price comparisons, probably do pretty well (but so could humans). But say in two or three word phrases, I would think right now a human is probably substantially better in being attuned to nuances. Now there might be niches where the bot is better because it does not have the biases of a human picker, and simply looks at it more objectively. Like I often see biases, some of which are no longer based in recent information, in domainers here. As an example, some view that .org is for nonprofits, but if you look at data the last year or two I don't think it supports the idea that mainly they are selling only in that niche. A bot might look better at trends and make better picks.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
Are you yourself a bot or a real human being @zeevyagorov

•••
My experience with automation - Yes, it may be possible to generate a list of potential handreg candidates. Checking domain availability would then be trivial. What is less trivial is final selection. Last time I ended up with selecting 1-2 domains from each 1000 free domains generated. It may well be that my selection criterias were too strict on manual review stage and/or too soft on automated generation stage, no doubts. After doing this last time, I handregged about ~500 domains only. Expected to generate more, but...
They are now for sale and the results are positive. The only issue: manual pre-registration review requires a lot of time and efforts... and in many aspects (intuition + domainers experience) it simply cannot be performed by a bot. Just imho.

Last edited:
•••
:xf.laugh:All I see is a guy with horrible lists of names and zero dollars or effort to buy them himself - because they are near impossible to make a profit on.

... And I would add. Who has stopped posting here because his puppet accounts have been found out and closed. And who also cannot defend/substantiate his statements, by himself.

•••
i built my bot with pyton, because to search domains by hand its to much time, and i still new in this biz and i know someone who live from this and he told its very hard game, but * with the right domains you see much faster results, he told me new people like me its much better to hold around 500 names which the price is around 15-50$, because for huge deals you need to wait.

good luck

Would you care to share your bot? I've never seen a bot doing the sort of things you are describing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's interesting that none of the domains you have given as examples of being found by your bot are registered. You don't have faith in your own bot to find great domains?
:ROFL:

•••
Someone who started domaining yesterday can l

The alternative way is to have a bot produce anything, whether it was registered in the past or not! Might be kind of stupid, to expect a buyer to come for a domain that wasn't registered
Unless if you were putting them on brand marketplaces with lots of buyers there to judge them:$::$::$::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh:

it dosent matter what the age of the domain or when the first time the domain is registered what important is the buyer mind see in the domain value

•••
Tell me These Were Not Chosen By BoT
uuuuuuuuu.png

•••
for example my bot founded top private jet.com
Hugedomains probably more proftiable than all here with their bot
Need to learn from their ways

•••
Tell me These Were Not Chosen By BoT

This is a HugeDomains.com list. Most of HD domains are caught on the drop by DropCatch.com. DC have spent millions and millions on their drop-catching system, including, how many is it now 1-1.5K Registrars. I can assure you. They are NOT using a bot. Not one of those domains were languishing unregistered when they were caught on the drop. There were probably multiple dropcatchers trying to register these domains the very micro-second these domains dropped from the registry.

This is the power you are going up against. And is a large reason that there are no great domains sitting waiting to be registered.

Your tiny lonely bot, looking for unregistered domains, is not going to find you any domains worth registering. As has been shown by the fact that the domains were mentioned it found were crap. So crappy, that even you decided not to register them. Which is probably the one positive thing to come out of your diatribe. Don't trust your bot to find unregistered domains. It has not proved it's worth at finding any valuable domains. In fact I would say it has proved the opposite. And you should drop it until you can come to the table with evidence of it's success.

As for your remarks about some famous domainers using bots? MM has some great domains. I would guess none of which were picked up by a bot (even if he uses one), and he also has a lot of domains which won't sell. Maybe these are the ones picked up by his bot. MM and his domains, like most famous domainers, is an enigma unto himself. To discuss them and their strategies, are far beyond the reach of this thread.

Saying that DropCatch are using a bot to capture their bounty, is just ridiculous. Even more so when your tiny bot is not even attempting to catch dropping domains. Give us a break from this torture. I'm done with it.

•••
right now i just check one domain from the list is wickedline.com and Galacticcandy.com and Candy Gift.com

linecandy.com

now this no body register it ------- browse vacation.com and linevacation.com candymorning.com

check your self

but forget about this

•••
right now i just check one domain from the list is wickedline.com and Galacticcandy.com and Candy Gift.com

linecandy.com

now this no body register it ------- browse vacation.com and linevacation.com candymorning.com

check your self

but forget about this

i have around 500 names some of them worth millions :)))))

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back