Dynadot

information Use Case for Singular Version of a "Plural" Geo location.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I've been on a Geo "kick" these days.

Been registering GEO domains. specifically ones where the geo is either singular and plural.

Many of the big shots of domains seem to have done this.

then I came across one I missed in my "travels" online.

Prospect Heights, Brooklyn

ProspectHeights.com obviously taken

ProspectHeight.com 2019-01-22? Registered by a high school and using now. Missed that one!

But it sure shows the potential of this strategy

I own.

DumboHeight.com
WashingtonHeight.com
BrooklynHeight.com

But the reverse can be of value too.

Like adding an "s" at the end of a singular Geo Domain.

don't believe me? Give it a try. pick a Geo and add an S and guaranteed it's probably regged since 2000.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So what is the use cases for these types of domains and why are they being gobbled up?

I looked up a few major cities in their plural form and .COM and didn't find one that was ever developed (according to wayback). Just sitting in someone's account for 20 or so years.

•••
I think adding an "s" makes a lot more sense than taking away an "s", though unless it is like Bostons.com or similar I doubt most have much potential, especially for lower tier cities.

Brad

•••
Speaking of lower tier cities, Pittsburghs has been registered for a long time and now for sale at $180 lol

At least at one point it was developed as an Indian Reservation cigarette seller site. There was a brand of cigarettes they sold called Pittsburgh, but smokers tend to pluralize the brand names of cigarettes so it made sense.

I can see something like Bostons used as a name for a restaurant so that makes sense. But ,most of these just make no sense. But Huge Domains seems to like them for some reason.

•••
Back