Dynadot

debate Use Automated Appraisals to Buy or Sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Estibot vs. Domainindex vs. ?

• 1st

Estibot

votes
    88.9%
  • 2nd

Other Service

vote
    11.1%
  • 3rd

Domainindex

votes
    0.0%

• 9 votes
  • Ended 5 years ago
  • Final results

ixex

Final ProductTop Member
Impact
How do you folks view Estobot and/or Domainindex for your needs, appraisals, requirements, etc., to buy or sell?

Does one appraisal service exceed the other for all, or for certain appraisal elements?

Is there a service that domainers turn to other than Estibot or Domainindex?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there a service that domainers turn to other than Estibot or Domainindex?
GoDaddy appraisal, just to see comparable sales NameBio is missing.

•••
I like intuition myself, but yes those are nice seconds and thirds.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
bumping doesn't improve the estimates you can get from robots

evaluating a domain is a highly complex process
and depending on your cash flow situation as much as on the buyers need and cash ability

•••
•••
Hello All

Just my two cents :xf.grin:

Estibot will value a domain under $100, then GoDaddy values it over $100.

I usually look at comparable domains sold.

If you have money to spare, then request a paid appraisal.

Ask yourself the following before requesting an appraisal, should I invest short or long term?

When I started I felt also in the trap. Remember the saying: "Show me the money !" >:(

Your $10 name you purchased today, could become a brand next year.(y)

•••
It's hard to determine the price of a domain name. You can make an assumption for the keyword domains based on the search volume and CPC. Sometimes aged and high authority domains are valuable. But when it comes to brandable domains. No one in the world can appraise the domain. It could be crap you're pushing uphill or can be a treasure.

•••
Hello All

Just my two cents :xf.grin:

Estibot will value a domain under $100, then GoDaddy values it over $100.

I usually look at comparable domains sold.

If you have money to spare, then request a paid appraisal.

Ask yourself the following before requesting an appraisal, should I invest short or long term?

When I started I felt also in the trap. Remember the saying: "Show me the money !" >:(

Your $10 name you purchased today, could become a brand next year.(y)

sorry BS
paid appraisals are as crap as bot appraisals

•••
I agree 100% :vomit:

Paid or free, you as the owner must do research.
There are many factors that will determine a price.

You must choose a strategy on how to monetize.
Its all about finding the right buyer end of the day.:xf.wink:

•••
Like most domainers, I'll say you really should never rely on ANY automated appraisal for the estimated number it gives you for any ONE domain.

That being said .. if you are playing the numbers/volume game, then they certainly are helpful in multiple ways (yes even the estimated value it spits out .. particularly when compared to others).

I personally use Estibot (Link in my signature) .. not just for the reason above .. but also because of the other metrics and data it spits out when you submit a batch of domains. If you go to my daily lists here at NamePros (also in my signature .. lol) you can directly get to the Estibot result page by clicking on the green $E next to most domains I've listed.

But at the end of the day I can not stress enough that nobody should ever rely on an automated valuation tool for 90%+ of individual domains.

•••
NameWorth.com is a new service that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

Hope that helps,

•••
Never rely on any automated appraisal tools, most of the figures are just a guess

•••
Everything has changed hands over the years so it probably would have happened sooner....

•••
Use the services more for the data you can collect than the price. Base your price on previous keyword sales or extensions if relevant. Build your price on time of availability inflation etc. Build the prices up if your domains are worthy. We all domainers want to see the bar raised on every worthy keyword combination.

Last edited:
•••
NameWorth.com is a new service that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

Hope that helps,
That's beause it's new. I tried to sign up but had a problem with password etc.

•••
I sure use it when I have alternative names am considering which to buy and also to see related sales price of similar domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back