Dynadot

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rare.us - cox media.
40 million monthly visits, Rare is one of the fastest-growing sites in the United States, covering national news about politics and culture.

•••
Rare.us - cox media.
40 million monthly visits, Rare is one of the fastest-growing sites in the United States, covering national news about politics and culture.

glad to see .us sites getting developed, marketed, and highly visited.

•••
struggling to sell us domains including 3L.us

•••
•••
Sofa.us - $500
Glimmer.us - $1,100
Kiks.us - $668
FreedomReigns.us - $523

•••
Unilever uses vaseline.us for product info.

•••
Sofa.us - $500
Glimmer.us - $1,100
Kiks.us - $668
FreedomReigns.us - $523
The buyer got a spectacular deal on Sofa, imo it is easily the best of this list of names yet sold for the least.

•••
we've held a few for years, some pretty good ones but very little in the way of enquiries

adrenalin.us
aerials.us
aftercare.us
agility.us
air-conditioning.us
aromatherapist.us
autistic.us
biochemical.us
biometric.us
blackhorse.us
blazers.us
bloc.us
bluebird.us
bookcase.us
bosnia.us
bowlers.us
canopies.us
centrifuge.us
collagen.us
compressor.us
consoles.us
coordinator.us
correspondent.us
cove.us
cyclist.us
default.us
diamante.us
diesels.us
diggers.us
dishwasher.us
distillery.us
efficiency.us
electrics.us
fittings.us
flamenco.us
gaskets.us
gearboxes.us
geneticist.us
geneticists.us
golfholidays.us
hygienists.us
inheritance.us
invests.us
jayman.us
leading.us
microscopy.us
pathologist.us
physiology.us
racquets.us
renovate.us
replication.us
rigs.us
scorpion.us
secretarial.us
sightseeing.us
spares.us
speedboats.us
sprinkler.us
stapler.us
sticker.us
subscriber.us
symptom.us
syndicates.us
synthetic.us
synthetics.us
syringe.us
thelotto.us
thermostats.us
tram.us
truckhire.us
twilight.us
vend.us
ventilator.us
whitbread.us

•••
we've held a few for years, some pretty good ones but very little in the way of enquiries

adrenalin.us
aerials.us
aftercare.us
agility.us
air-conditioning.us
aromatherapist.us
autistic.us
biochemical.us
biometric.us
blackhorse.us
blazers.us
bloc.us
bluebird.us
bookcase.us
bosnia.us
bowlers.us
canopies.us
centrifuge.us
collagen.us
compressor.us
consoles.us
coordinator.us
correspondent.us
cove.us
cyclist.us
default.us
diamante.us
diesels.us
diggers.us
dishwasher.us
distillery.us
efficiency.us
electrics.us
fittings.us
flamenco.us
gaskets.us
gearboxes.us
geneticist.us
geneticists.us
golfholidays.us
hygienists.us
inheritance.us
invests.us
jayman.us
leading.us
microscopy.us
pathologist.us
physiology.us
racquets.us
renovate.us
replication.us
rigs.us
scorpion.us
secretarial.us
sightseeing.us
spares.us
speedboats.us
sprinkler.us
stapler.us
sticker.us
subscriber.us
symptom.us
syndicates.us
synthetic.us
synthetics.us
syringe.us
thelotto.us
thermostats.us
tram.us
truckhire.us
twilight.us
vend.us
ventilator.us
whitbread.us
Nice names, I notice you own subscriber, and I own subscribers:) I recently get quite a few inquiries mostly lowball and people curious to get a price quote. I sold a couple .us though for cash flow. 1 for low XXXX and another for 500. Imo factors such as the new g's and the internet turnover may help .us.

Last edited:
•••
Nice names, I notice you own subscriber, and I own subscribers:) I recently get quite a few inquiries mostly lowball and people curious to get a price quote. I sold a couple .us though for cash flow. 1 for low XXXX and another for 500.

If I ever get a buyer then I will send them your way or try to work out a package deal.

•••
•••
•••
Let us know how it was.

Last edited:
•••
Aldi.us - I noticed the web address on their packaging.

•••
•••
"Google considers websites with country code domains to be more relevant to searchers who reside in the corresponding countries."

So if you want to target local traffic say the US for example then it's best to use a .US,.. along with your .com imo.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
It's ridiculous that the most recent blog post at neustar.us is over a year old!

•••
Their website is a ghost town. But they usually post at least once every 4 years, often after extension of the contract :|

•••
So no one knows anything about how this meeting went?

I think that it is extremely possible, and perhaps even extremely probable, the top people at Neustar have been instructed by certain "powers that be" to keep .us down from the very beginning, and the VP's and other second tier executives there all fall in line with whatever party line they are given and whatever Kool-Aid they are served. Every so often when there is some little gesture designed to make it look otherwise, it's just a small and brief dog and pony show for appearances. It's possible that even those second tier executives actually believe whatever they are told and believe that Neustar really wants .us to do well when the truth is something else.

To me the reasons why this may be the real truth that explains things are so obvious it's plainer than the nose on one's face, but I suspect it's not so obvious to most, which is perhaps why the status quo can be maintained year after year.

Does anyone have an idea what kind of reasons I'm alluding to?

•••
no idea, please tell me more

•••
no idea, please tell me more

That was fast.

And the answer is because of the dreaded possibility of websites like this, for example, which are few and far between now but could be far more abundant and far more popular, widely known, and most importantly far more INFLUENTIAL if .US was more widely known and popular with the American public, who now still scarcely know .us even exists at all:

www.Represent.us

The implications of such things catching on in the US are so enormous and so unacceptable to those who wish to continue the way things are normally done in terms of preserving power and control - i.e. what is normally referred to as "the establishment" - that a TLD like .US simply has to be held down like an eagle tied to a post, otherwise unpredictable and disruptive things might happen. Just as have already come close to happening now with the current election season about to reveal its big result tomorrow.

So multiply that example site above times 1,000 or 100,000, and imagine a country in which the American public actually knows that .US even exists, and the risk of real change is no doubt so unpalatable in the extreme it is almost unimaginable to various so-called "powers that be" who have authority over those who dole out the contract, etc., all the way up the chain, among whom are those who then tell Neustar what to do and what not to do in whatever form that they do that.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting thoughts and that site is very nice!

•••
That was fast.

And the answer is because of the dreaded possibility of websites like this, for example, which are few and far between now but could be far more abundant and far more popular, widely known, and most importantly far more INFLUENTIAL to the American public if .US was more widely known and popular with the American public, who now still scarcely know .us even exists at all:

www.Represent.us

The implications of such things catching on in the US are so enormous and so unacceptable to those who wish to continue the way things are normally done in terms of preserving power and control - i.e. what is normally referred to as "the establishment" - that a TLD like .US simply has to be held down like an eagle tied to a post, otherwise unpredictable and disruptive things might happen. Just as have already come close to happening now with the current election season about to reveal its big result tomorrow.

So multiply that example site above times 1,000 or 100,000, and imagine a country in which the American public actually knows that .US even exists, and the risk of real change is no doubt unpalatable in the extreme to various so-called "powers that be" who have authority over those who dole out the contract, etc., all the way up the chain, who then tell Neustar what to do what not to do in whatever form they do that.
Who benefits from making them look like they cant do a good job? http://domainnamewire.com/2007/08/01/are-godaddy-and-afilias-the-right-combination-to-run-us/

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back