Domain Empire

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wait for new owner...

Renminbi.us
Integratedcircuit.us
Equestrianism.us

Last edited:
•••
recent sales from namebio (ofcourse not mine)
wait.us 1,000 USD
zep.us 1,000 USD
worksheets.us 845 USD
gunsport.us 285 USD

Last edited:
•••
•••
.US Domain registrations continue to rapidly accelerate. In November .US added 22,952 registrations - more than the previous 4 months PUT TOGETHER and almost twice as many as were added in October when the surge began: https://adn.us/sales-stats.htm

•••
.US domain registration caught fire in the 4th quarter of 2021. Eight times more .US domains were registered in 4Q-2021 than 3Q-2021 (52,000 vs. 6,500)! .US regs in December alone were more than double all of 3Q-2021: https://adn.us/sales-stats.htm #americandomains
us-regs-continue-to-grow.jpg

•••
Do you have to be a US citizen to own a .us name? Thanks.

•••
Do you have to be a US citizen to own a .us name? Thanks.
Not necessarily. It is also open to those who do business in the U.S. (which could be online only). So if you sell goods or provide services to the U.S. market you would be eligible.

•••
Not necessarily. It is also open to those who do business in the U.S. (which could be online only). So if you sell goods or provide services to the U.S. market you would be eligible.
Can people outside the US register a dot us and then put it up for sale?

•••
Can people outside the US register a dot us and then put it up for sale?
Yes @AmericanDomainNames just say here the conditions
Must prove you have a connection ( you have done at least one business ) with a company or individual from USA
This prove can be a bill that show you sold a .US domain on one of this entities & this prove is necessary only when you receive a Nexus complain for a .US that you own

•••
Yes @AmericanDomainNames just say here the conditions
Must prove you have a connection ( you have done at least one business ) with a company or individual from USA
This prove can be a bill that show you sold a .US domain on one of this entities & this prove is necessary only when you receive a Nexus complain for a .US that you own
My question is, is that specific domain name supposed to be set up for doing business as an established company doing business in the United States, or can someone who sold a random product to a US citizen once allowed to go ahead and register random .US domains and hold for resale. Those are two different things.

•••
My question is, is that specific domain name supposed to be set up for doing business as an established company doing business in the United States, or can someone who sold a random product to a US citizen once allowed to go ahead and register random .US domains and hold for resale. Those are two different things.
Can be both ( product / goods or a domain ) long as you can prove doing business with a person or company from USA & usual is proved with a bill
Easy way is prove you sold a .us domain to a entity from USA & this req is only necessary in case of a Nexus complain random made aprox 1 in one year or sometime never
Once you prove the connection with a USA entity basic they have the record and not send next time a complain

Last edited:
•••
“.US can be registered by any individual, business big or small, blog or organization that is a citizen of, or licensed in, the USA including federal, state and local governments. In addition, .US may be registered by foreign entities that have a bona fide interest or presence in the United States. For more information on the .US Nexus Policies, please click here.”

from https://www.about.us/faqs

•••
Can be both ( product / goods or a domain ) long as you can prove doing business with a person or company from USA & usual is proved with a bill
Easy way is prove you sold a .us domain to a entity from USA & this req is only necessary in case of a Nexus complain random made aprox 1 in one year or sometime never
Once you prove the connection with a USA entity basic they have the record and not send next time a complain
The reason I asked was that a couple times I went to register a .us and they were owned by individuals outside of the US. The last one I checked was South Korea. Seems kind of pointless to promote .us as US based businesses when it is so easy to workaround.

•••
The reason I asked was that a couple times I went to register a .us and they were owned by individuals outside of the US. The last one I checked was South Korea. Seems kind of pointless to promote .us as US based businesses when it is so easy to workaround.

The .US nexus requirements can be kind of subjective. They have seized many domains in the past from people that did not meet nexus requirements, but most of these were years ago. It seems like in the last several years they have really relaxed enforcement.

Brad

•••
My first .us sale in this year
Hand reg 2021-05
Cost: $1.99

Screenshot_20220120-195715(1).png

•••
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.
UScens.us
USmade.us

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back