IT.COM

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just bought factory.us. The .io sold $88,000…

•••
I now own charg.us. I was charged $20. I was the only bidder.
There was no previous bid. I actually bid $25 as there was supposedly
already a bid for $20. But, there was no previous bid. That was a lie.

Last edited:
•••
No it is not real. I bid $25 a few hours ago. When I log into Godaddy with a computer
that Godaddy recognizes, it says that I am the high bidder at $25. When I log into
Godaddy with a computer that Godaddy does NOT recognize, Godaddy says the current
bid is $20. I don't believe that there was ever a bid at $20.

I now own charg.us. I was charged $20. I was the only bidder.
There was no previous bid. I actually bid $25 as there was supposedly
already a bid for $20. But, there was no previous bid. That was a lie.

It wasn't a lie. It simply means that your 25 met the min start threshold of 20. Anyone after you would have needed to bid more than 25 to exceed your proxy and take the lead spot, which of course didn't happen.

•••
It was a lie, Godaddy said that they had one bid before I bid.
There was no mention of $20 being the minimum threshold.
After I won, Godaddy said that I was the only bidder.

•••
Recently picked up from expired auctions:

BestBest.us
Vintner.us

•••
I spoke with someone at a registrar yesterday about my account. He commented on my domains and said that he has been looking at .us domains for a while now. I asked him if I could email him a list of killer .us websites (>400) that had no mirrored .com sites. He replied okay. I told him that he would need to look in his spam filter because the more links in any email, the more likely spam filters would flag it as spam. I stayed on the line while he was looking at the list. Let's just say that he seemed wowed by what he saw. I suspect that he is now a believer in .us domains.

I visited one website on the list (updated to 504 last night) that made me want to buy a bottle of wine from them (vinobambino.us). I don't drink, but my tongue swelled up while I was staring at the glass of red wine on its landing page. Another site just as good was redwineandbrew.us. I'd buy from them in a heartbeat. The third site had probably the best landing page I've ever seen that asked for a confirmation before proceeding. For the first time ever I was not annoyed by this request. The site was worldclasswine.us.

I think that these owners, like the others on the list, are smart business people. Instead of paying a ton of money for crappy .coms, they chose to spend a fraction of that money on a .us and then used their money saved to market their businesses.

If your business is local, then why spend, let's say, $30,000 on an unremarkable .com when you can just buy a less expensive .us with a better keyword or keyword phrase and simply take the money you just saved and buy a vehicle, put your .us domain on the side of it, and drive around your town. Look at the video that is on brent.us. He has his vehicle with his name on its side. It's eye-catching and memorable. Isn't that an important part of what marketing is supposed to achieve?

In the alternative, if your business goes beyond local, then you can use your money saved from buying a .us instead of a .com to build up your infrastructure and marketing department. Be smart. Buy a .us.

If anyone is interested in the list, I posted it over in the ccTLD for sale section. Feel free to use it, or anything in this post, in your reply emails to any potential buyers of your .us domains. Just remember to tell them about the spam/links issue before you send it so they can look for it in their spam folder. The list should help you to sell your .us domains for a higher price.

Now, it's time for my 2nd cup of morning coffee.

•••
confirmed.
@Joe Styler

Is there any reason this domain has still not been assigned?

It still shows -

Registrant Name: Domain Administrator
Registrant Organization: Afternic, LLC - On Behalf of Domain Buyer

As far as I can tell all the other .US domains from the same day were assigned, including almost 20 that I won.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
So which would be better for .us domainers, that the buyer of lawyer.us is a domainer or an end user like a lawyer or directory site owner?

•••
So which would be better for .us domainers, that the buyer of lawyer.us is a domainer or an end user like a lawyer or directory site owner?
Doesn’t matter. The price paid is the price paid.

•••
jobportal.us only in 50$ , interested dm me.

•••
You go, Brad.
Can you share them?

Peace,
Kenny

Sure.

airsoft.us
arctic.us
bozeman.us
creativity.us
dolphin.us
envelope.us
graduation.us
groom.us
kappa.us
makeup.us
par.us
professional.us
psychologist.us
rebates.us
sunny.us

I think there are a few others also, from days around the same time period.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Sure.

airsoft.us
arctic.us
bozeman.us
creativity.us
dolphin.us
envelope.us
graduation.us
groom.us
kappa.us
makeup.us
par.us
professional.us
psychologist.us
rebates.us
sunny.us

I think there are a few others also, from days around the same time period.

Brad
After initially looking at your 15 names, I thought to pick the 3 best. Kinda difficult to choose three above some of the others. But here goes:

Makeup.us
Rebates.us
Psychologist.us

In the ballpark:
Par.us
Professional.us
Sunny.us
Graduation.us

•••
@Joe Styler

Is there any reason this domain has still not been assigned?

It still shows -

Registrant Name: Domain Administrator
Registrant Organization: Afternic, LLC - On Behalf of Domain Buyer

As far as I can tell all the other .US domains from the same day were assigned, including almost 20 that I won.

Brad

I just looked back at my original watchlist @ GD with more than 150 .US expired domains on it.

Several were renewed before the auction ended. The rest ended and have been transferred to the new registrants, with one exception... Lawyer.us is the only domain on the list that is still in possession of Afternic.

I would really like to know what is going on with that. If it was paid for, why is Afternic still in possession of it?

Brad

•••
We are seeing .US websites everywhere these days. In today's Tampa Bay Times there is a big ad for Florida's Flagler Museum with its http://FlaglerMuseum.us web address. What's interesting is the museum also owns the .COM and the .ORG but CHOSE to use the .US in their marketing.

flagler-museum.us.750.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Just sold

ABV.us $450 - Dan
AHF.us $999 - Afternic
BWO.us $999 - Afternic

No further information available.

•••
Just sold

ABV.us $450 - Dan
AHF.us $999 - Afternic
BWO.us $999 - Afternic

Can you tell us how long you had them listed before they sold?

•••
PIQ.us $999 - Afternic

•••
PIQ.us $999 - Afternic

Same price for all 3 I wonder if it’s the same guy? Is it bin at $999

•••
•••
•••
I could not be happier this morning. I do believe that the value of my domain ConcealedCarry.us just went up because of today's Supreme Court ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen. You can visit my site to follow the link to the case and other related resources.

I have no doubt in my mind that there will be a massive rush to get concealed carry permits now, especially in states like California and New York that make it nearly impossible to get one. Of course, the other 43 states that already allow its legal residents to get one without having to show a special need won't be impacted much by the today's decision. Finally, finally, I won't have to feel like a sitting duck when I go outside my home in the wonderful state of exploding liberal heads and out of control crime (CA).

I also own SecondAmendment.us.

Related to the .us, my list of .us-only websites (not mine) is now up to 742 (in the ccTLD for sale section of NP). My goal is to hit 1,000 (easily done within the next two weeks), and then use the list to send to any .us domain inquirer saying that here are a thousand reasons to buy my .us domain(s).

If anyone is interested, scotusblog.com will soon have an in-depth analysis of the opinion later on today.

Last edited:
•••
I just saw: commune.us $8,000 USD 2022-06-27 Sedo.

Whois shows:

Updated Date: 2022-06-27T09:11:23Z
Registrant Name: \u524d\u539f\u590f\u6a39 (How do you pronounce that?)
Registrant Country: JP
Admin Email: [email protected]

Good to know that we have buyers from other countries.

I wonder if they realize that they left out one of their .jp's three Ms in their .us because commmune.us is available to register.

Last edited:
•••
Someone loves my new web site. Today, someone in Saint Paul, Minnesota
visited jpeg.us 222 times. That sounds like true love to me.
Actually, they visited my index page 222 times as that is the only page
where I have a counter. Normally, I wouldn't have wasted my time on this
web site, but I was distracted by things that prevented me
from functioning properly, namely pain pills as I recovered from
a hernia operation, and then I got Covid, twice.
So, creating jpeg.us was really just a way to keep busy while I
recovered.

jpeg.us contains photos of paintings. These paintings can easily
be transferred to canvas, or wood, or cardboard, using chemicals.
There are a lot of YouTube videos that show you exactly how to do this.
These photos of paintings are in the public domain or in Creative Commons.

There a lot of sleazy websites that pretend that they own the rights
to these photos and will insist that you pay to get unmarked copies
of these photos. If you google these famous painting, Google
will take you to one of these websites because they pay Google to do this.
But they are all free on the web, and on jpeg.us.

https://www.jpeg.us/

Last edited:
•••
"functioning properly, namely pain pills as I recovered from
a hernia operation, and then I got Covid, twice"
Hope you are ok right now 🤗

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back