IT.COM

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
😊

No or maybe is a lawyer as professional but also is a domain investor 🤗
Not sure but i think i sell a domain to him or at least contact him & far as i know have a nice portfolio of .US

For sale 🤗
https://www.namepros.com/threads/un...olutions-us-more.1245632/page-10#post-8563159
That is me. You hit the nail on the head.

If you are interested in keyword .us domains, I will be posting new domains with a BIN daily in https://www.namepros.com/threads/pot-us-and-15-peoples-first-names-new-ones-added-daily.1271004/

•••
April 24 is A Big Day in .US History - The 20th Anniversary of When the Domain Opened to ALL Americans: https://www.adn.us/news-views/2022/0424.htm

us-april-24-620-horiz-exclaim.jpg

•••
April 24 is A Big Day in .US History - The 20th Anniversary of When the Domain Opened to ALL Americans: https://www.adn.us/news-views/2022/0424.htm

Show attachment 214564

Show attachment 214564
Many people believe that there isn’t much value in the. us for almost all numbers or names. Admittedly, I had somewhat held these same beliefs as well until the Internet landscape began to change dramatically during the pandemic. Many businesses shuddered while others chose to go online to stay in business. What they had in common was that they needed a good domain name. These new online businesses got a rude awakening when they discovered that all of the good keyword .coms were taken. Consequently, they had to compete for second tier .coms made up of a combo business name/business area keyword, or they simply used their company name or something altogether different, and forgettable.

Then something happened. Google and the other search engines kept evolving from the decades old prioritizing of the indexing of .coms to what is being done now, namely, changing their indexing. Most sites need to be crawled now (at least for language) to determine intent. Showing up in search engine results is no longer dependent on having a .com anymore.

The search engines indexing likely evolved, in part, to accommodate the thousand+ new TLDs that have been released (xyz/club/credit/date/wtf, etc.), and the ever-increasing number of businesses and people going online because of the pandemic. The evolution of this change has resulted in non-.coms showing up more and more in search engine results.

Now you don't need a .com. Instead, you can set up a website using a .us, and with the right content language, it can be found in search engines' results. Better yet, the keyword .us domain can potentially be seen on page 1 of the search engines more often now when you search for that particular keyword, just like the keyword .coms.

Certainly, it is great to see a .us end up on Google's page 1 results, but will the person who sees it, click on it? Look at a .us link for yourself. Do you think that a person who starts seeing more and more .us links might feel confident and secure that it is not only a credible and safe site to visit, but one that will be what they have been looking for as well? Of course, they will. The .us link contains, after all, the official TLD of the United States, a country that is recognized worldwide in business and other areas, whereas most of the other new TLDs are not. Businesses and people can now have a much better keyword domain with a .us, and still end up on the same page as the .com one, all for much less money.

Now, here are a few .us sites that evince the evolving Internet landscape. Type in calvinklein.com in your browser. You will be redirected to calvinklein.us. Now type in truckers.com. You'll be taken to smalltransportation.us. No kidding.

Here are .us search engine results using only the following keywords:

-- pixers, pixers.us is Google page 1, (pixers.com site, is an unrelated company)
-- osram, osram.us is Google page 1, (osram.com site redirects to osram .us site)
-- andersoncompanies, "searched "anderson companies," andersoncompanies.us is Google page 1, (andersoncompanies .com site is an unrelated company)
-- hitachi, hitachi.us is Google page 1, (hitachi.com site is the same company, but has different webpages)
-- airfrance, airfrance.us is Google page 1, (airfrance.com site redirects to their airfrance.fr site)
-- clubmed, clubmed.us is Google page 1, (clubmed.com site redirects to clubmed .us site)
-- bosch, bosch.us is Google page 1, (bosch.com site is the same company)
-- shell, shell.us is Google page 1, (shell.com site is the same company)
-- mastercard, mastercard.us is Google page 1, (mastercard.com site redirects to mastercard .us)
-- calvinklein, searched "calvin klein", calvinklein.us is Google page 1, (calvinklein.com site redirects to -- calvinklein .us)
-- ollies, ollies.us is Google page 1, (ollies.com site is under construction, but may be the same ollies company -- as ollies .us site)
-- aldi, aldi.us is Google page 1, (aldi.com is the same company, but has a different landing page)
-- vibe, vibe.us is Google page 1 (vibe.com site not related to vibe .us site)
-- ftx, ftx.us is Google page 1 (ftx.com site the same as the .us site)
-- goodidea, searched "good idea," goodidea.us is Google page 1, (goodidea.com site is not related to the goodidea .us site)
-- zoom, zoom.us is Google page 1 (zoom.com redirects to zoom .us)
-- fwd, fwd.us is Google page 1 (fwd.com is an insurance site and is not Zuckerberg's fwd .us)
-- iwi, iwi.us is Google page 1 (iwi.com site is a blank page, and is not the same company as iwi .us)
-- fvbank, searched "fv bank," fvbank.us is Google page 1 (fvbank.com landing page says buy this domain)
-- oxygen, oxygen.us is Google page 1 (oxygen.com site is not related to oxygen .us site)

I did the same searches of the above keywords using duck duck go (duck.com), brave.com/search, and bing.com search. I got the same results as above. I also did the same searches on my cell and got the same search results. For the longest time it was never like this. Now, it is.

Here are a few more nice .us sites:

Opal.us
Patriot.us
Ows.us
Zep.us
LocalBusinesses.us
ecprof.us --search results for just "ec prof" show google 1st page
about.us
BFA.us
Let.us $14,999 sale
visor.us
bbi.us
DACA.us

The above listed domains are only a sample of what is happening with the .us.

My advice to anyone interested in ground-floor opportunity is to visit namebio.com and look at the more recent sale prices of good keyword domains (not just dictionary words). They are not going for $100 in 2022. They are going for much more. And I suspect that a lot of higher priced sales are not being reported. I've sold many .us for $X,XXX that I picked up for $2.50 to $20 (pre-2022), and I never publicized their sale prices.

On a final note, before 2022 you could find a lot of decent .us domains dropping. That's where you picked up the bargains. Now, not so many, if any.

Last edited:
•••
Here are couple of tips for those who are interested in .US domains:

- You can see all the developed .US sites by doing a google search for:

Site:.US

- You can see a list of .US dropping domains at:

https://www.about.us/retailpartners#

Just go down towards the middle of the page where it says "Expiring Domains" and look for:

The downloads for .US RGP report 1 and report 2

Hope this helps,

I have been seeing a big increase in traffic lately for my top domains:

Church.US
Mortgage.US
Airline.US
Depression.US

After over 20 years of waiting I believe that we all deserve to see a big increase in the level of attention and interest for .US domains.

IMO

•••
Where is the best place to dropcatch .US domains?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Here are couple of tips for those who are interested in .US domains:

- You can see all the developed .US sites by doing a google search for:

Site:.US

- You can see a list of .US dropping domains at:

https://www.about.us/retailpartners#

Just go down towards the middle of the page where it says "Expiring Domains" and look for:

The downloads for .US RGP report 1 and report 2

Hope this helps,

I have been seeing a big increase in traffic lately for my top domains:

Church.US
Mortgage.US
Airline.US
Depression.US

After over 20 years of waiting I believe that we all deserve to see a big increase in the level of attention and interest for .US domains.

IMO

Thanks for the list, OT.
I did a quick perusal of report 2 and listed some I thought were reasonable.
Many are for the long hold, waiting for dot us to gain its rightful place in the market.
I'm sure I missed some, and some I listed may not appeal to everyone, and some are Pidgeon Shit but it's been awhile since I cruzed through a 7k list.

4/25
dogwhistle.us
guncare.us
tireservice.us
pepa.us
bushwear.us
ahot.us
bbto.us
american-muscle.us
urb.us
tafa.us
all-ur-base-r-belong-to.us
alzheimersprevention.us
alzi.us
itco.us
mollys.us
kingshead.us
prostatehealth.us
poolpro.us
emotionalcare.us
monstrous.us
anos.us
anti-semitism.us
americanway.us
fallfromgrace.us
ammg.us
amoc.us
amse.us
wizzy.us
nvbs.us
amuk.us
anap.us
camlove.us
camspy.us
cannibalism.us
buyguns.us
blacky.us
armu.us
asln.us
asong.us
retailshop.us
internetstore.us
dosage.us
paxi.us
redcard.us

4/26
cityrent.us
upwind.us
allelectric.us
navo.us
streetpeddler.us
biotree.us
cavana.us
doorkeys.us
lifechanging.us
mahs.us
eato.us
mysuite.us
applyforwork.us
hireamerica.us
icequeen.us
perverts.us
restoretherepublic.us
rusticwood.us
safetub.us
prea.us
stoptheabuse.us
cfog.us
trailerskirting.us
customdampers.us
holistichands.us
beautifulamerica.us

4/27
hues.us
coochie.us
freeeducation.us
blackreparations.us
carvedfurniture.us
virusfacts.us
thegoodamerican.us
tore.us
la7.us
caab.us
libertarians.us
ocny.us
virm.us
barterhouse.us
solarplus.us
offseason.us
gussy.us
deepbluesea.us
hempfabric.us
imob.us
wholesalegutters.us
runr.us
assort.us
biblequotes.us
animalarts.us

4/28
paintbynumbers.us
pssp.us
hens.us
dujour.us
quicktesting.us
buga.us
damagecontrol.us
vaservices.us
flyingleaf.us
freesearch.us
glassbattery.us
marital.us
vonk.us
derringers.us
seby.us
beebutter.us
bodywear.us

4/29
prq.us
oyy.us
wingcorps.us
dreamweaver.us
teapots.us
buddhists.us
buddhas.us
voq.us
carlovers.us
pestservices.us
ideabase.us
kimberley.us
mewo.us
centerfield.us
agog.us
tatro.us

4/30
workersociety.us

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the list, OT.
I did a quick perusal of report 2 and listed some I thought were reasonable.
Many are for the long hold, waiting for dot us to gain its rightful place in the market.
I'm sure I missed some, and some I listed may not appeal to everyone, and some are Pidgeon Shit but it's been awhile since I cruzed through a 7k list.

Peace,
Kenny

As you have shown it is still possible to find some nice .US domains.

I recommend to everyone to diversify their portfolio so that they have a few domains in other popular extensions in addition to .US and try to stick only with top tire domains regardless of the extension.

IMO

•••
😊

No or maybe is a lawyer as professional but also is a domain investor 🤗
Not sure but i think i sell a domain to him or at least contact him & far as i know have a nice portfolio of .US

For sale 🤗
https://www.namepros.com/threads/un...olutions-us-more.1245632/page-10#post-8563159

That is me. You hit the nail on the head.

If you are interested in keyword .us domains, I will be posting new domains with a BIN daily in https://www.namepros.com/threads/pot-us-and-15-peoples-first-names-new-ones-added-daily.1271004/

Welcome to the club & as always i was right Cheers! :xf.love:

•••
is this .US thing still exists? i thought it would be deleted by now.Who is using .US when there are so many alternatives.
.US is a kind of scam still running by registry.

Last edited:
•••
is this .US thing still exists? i thought it would be deleted.Who is using .US when there are so many alternatives.
.US is a kind of scam running by registry.

You are funny right now 🤗
Maybe .US is before you born 1985-86 ,they released to general public only in 2002 because of birocracy of USA government- i guess only problem was .com otherwise .US need to be the king

Peace to you

Last edited:
•••
is this .US thing still exists? i thought it would be deleted by now.Who is using .US when there are so many alternatives.
.US stands for something. I can’t say the same for extensions such as .xyz…

That said, congrats on your sales!

Last edited:
•••
The future is difficult to predict. I believe that .us has the greatest potential in the domain world right now. I also believe that many others are being hyped and will eventually fade away for investment purposes. If you develop and promote almost any website (regardless of extension), it should thrive.
The fact that .us is the country code of the premiere consumer driven country in the world is significant. Potential is huge and time will tell.

•••
I have never understood why some people try to knock down other extensions that they have no interest in.

Best to focus on your own success and not to try to destroy other people's hopes and ambitions.

Although .US has been moving so slowly, but as you can see by doing a google search for Site:.US there are a lot of developed sites in this extension which shows that there is some real interest amongst small businesses that find .US to be a viable choice for their needs and that it is the only extension that can help them show their patriotism.

As I have said already it's best for everyone to diversify their portfolio and try to have some of the best keywords in some of the most popular and viable extensions and for that reason a true domainer should never try to put other extensions down specially the ones that are being used by a segment of the real end users.

So my recommendation to you is to:

Live and let Live and don't try to Nuke US again.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I have never understood why some people try to knock down other extensions that they have no interest in.

Best to focus on your own success and not to try to destroy other people's hopes and ambitions.

Although .US has been moving so slowly, but as you can see by doing a google search for Site:.US there are a lot of developed sites in this extension which shows that there is some real interest amongst small businesses that find .US to be a viable choice for their needs and that it is the only extension that can help them show their patriotism.

As I have said already it's best for everyone to diversify their portfolio and try to have some of the best keywords in some of the most popular and viable extensions and for that reason a true domainer should never try to put other extensions down specially the ones that are being used by a segment of the real end users.

So my recommendation to you is to:

Live and let Live and don't try to Nuke US again.

IMO
Please advise your old friend @Dot.us here.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wow-pretty-amazing-xyz-scam.1271922/post-8582752

•••

It is the one and only ccTLD of the richest country on Earth, even though .COM is basically the defacto one.

It will always have meaning because of that.

I have made and continue to make serious sales in the extension.

I am sure you are trying to be cute, but really this is just the same trollish behavior you and others complain about.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
.US fit with small/ medium - big business in US . Its good for seo based geo location and auto targetted for US customers based on search engine algorithm. Formerly, I managed some client and compete with .us to get 1st rank in google SERP.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••

Interesting story.

This is clearly a massive outlier involving a set of circumstances that can’t really be replicated.

I have sold more .US than almost anyone over the years.

I don't really see this as a "know your worth" situation.

This is like winning the lottery. In fact, it was like winning the lottery far before the final price.

Still, congrats to the seller. It worked out.

It is hard to take much meaning from a massive outlier like this IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This talk inspired me to buy CEX .us

•••
What’s the domain?
seller doesn't mention the names. BTW , congrats for .US extension, there is huge future for .us extension as long as registry aggressive to promote .US with real developed website for all small - big business in USA.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back