Domain Empire

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I've sold throwback.us and dumpsters.us this month, both BIN on Afternic.

•••
I've sold throwback.us and dumpsters.us this month, both BIN on Afternic.

It's good you are getting some .US sales. It's not easy to do. What were the prices achieved. there is so much potential with .US which is unlikely to be achieved whilst US is hooked on .COM domains.

I even thought about putting my Domain Sales Portfolio on a quality .US domain. but decided that was stupid for several reasons. 1) Less type in traffic, 2) Being less appealing to the rest of the world, 3) Being less trusted from the US. You simply must have a .com, or if you are only a country-wide player, then a quality ccTLD.

•••
This is great ccTLD but somehow lagged behind but now showing some prospect though.

•••
•••
•••
It's good you are getting some .US sales. It's not easy to do. What were the prices achieved. there is so much potential with .US which is unlikely to be achieved whilst US is hooked on .COM domains.

I even thought about putting my Domain Sales Portfolio on a quality .US domain. but decided that was stupid for several reasons. 1) Less type in traffic, 2) Being less appealing to the rest of the world, 3) Being less trusted from the US. You simply must have a .com, or if you are only a country-wide player, then a quality ccTLD.

Respectively, 300 and 250.

I have a couple dictionary words that I'll hold onto until I sell for decent sums (ideally). Most of my portfolio is in .us, perhaps mistakenly. I see more .us sites than I used to, but it is still lacking what I want. Com is remains king and still I wait for dot us to take off.

For now this is just a hobby and I'll probably stick mainly to .us, but I am looking at expanding my com, net, and info portfolios more.

•••
Respectively, 300 and 250.

I have a couple dictionary words that I'll hold onto until I sell for decent sums (ideally). Most of my portfolio is in .us, perhaps mistakenly. I see more .us sites than I used to, but it is still lacking what I want. Com is remains king and still I wait for dot us to take off.

For now this is just a hobby and I'll probably stick mainly to .us, but I am looking at expanding my com, net, and info portfolios more.

Not great. but reasonable considering they are .US domains. How old are you? I think you'll die hanging onto your .US domain portfolio :) Around $250-300 per .US domain, which is not easily repeatable. IMHO. I don't find the risk/reward so attractive.

Last edited:
•••
Although I'm a harsh critic of .US domains, I still have quirky affinity to the extension. I can't really explain. I still have about 100 to sell before I can say I'm done with the extension. And I might actually die before they are all sold or dropped :)

•••
Not great. but reasonable considering they are .US domains. How old are you? I think you'll die hanging onto your .US domain portfolio :) Around $250-300 per .US domain, which is not easily repeatable. IMHO. I don't find the risk/reward so attractive.

Mid 20s. I know there isn't a great market for them right now, but I still enjoy them.

•••
Namebio reports recently Voip.us sold for $2000 at Sedo.

•••
Namebio reports recently Voip.us sold for $2000 at Sedo.

That's a pretty good price. Perhaps I should increase the price of my remaining .us domains?

•••
•••
Deleted

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm still partial to us. Maybe it's patriotism? I dunno.

Snapped up kale.us the other day and it's the pride of my tiny .us portfolio. There are still a lot of (good) four letter words that can be caught from time to time as well as other single word terms.

Now if I could just land a sale or two! :)

•••
CoinJoin.us
GXBT.us
CancerBloodTest.us
OwnersInsurance.us

•••
(Unable to verify.)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I just registered buttercup.us and kabedon.us.

•••
The Namebio sales just released this hour (will be in the daily report in the morning) have 34 sales in .us with an average sales price of $411. all on GoDaddy. I don't really follow .us, but usually just a sale or two a day on Namebio. Does anyone know why so many?

•••
No idea. eagerly awaiting the stats to find out what domains were sold at what prices.

•••
•••
•••
Let's hope .us keeps picking up. Have a couple/few nice ones stashed away:
cryptoaccount.us, cryptointelligence.us and my favorite (for some dumb reason hahah)
spacecoin.us
I really like the extension and it certainly a "safer" bet than some, who knows maybe?

Live sales links removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back