Dynadot

.us .US or .BIZ/.INFO??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMHO

1) .US
2) .INFO / .BIZ (Similar IMO)

Although, depends on the name itself if it fits with extension etc, although if you're looking for keywords, .US would be best imo.

•••
Depends, really.

If you have a Health site, and you're wanting to talk about the different types of diseases, Health.info would be more approriate. If you're talking about symptoms found in the US, .US...

In general I would go with .Us.

•••
•••
.us
.info
.biz

Something to remember, while ".us" is geo-targetted, I still have a little trouble with .info and .biz since they are both still "English" extension. True, .com is also, but .com is of course a beat unto itself.

I think .info would be a great extension if promoted/managed correctly, but at the moment... .biz is solid as well.

But in the long run, I see .us trouncing the other two. But yet again, only time will tell...

-Allan

•••
1. .US
2. .BIZ/.INFO

.US trounces the other two IMO, huge long term value :)

•••
.Info

.us
.biz (not in all cases)

.info has roughly 5x the value of .us.IMO.

•••
•••
.us and .info tied.
.biz = the loser of the bunch

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
.us
.info
.biz

Something to remember, while ".us" is geo-targetted, I still have a little trouble with .info and .biz since they are both still "English" extension. True, .com is also, but .com is of course a beat unto itself.

I think .info would be a great extension if promoted/managed correctly, but at the moment... .biz is solid as well.

But in the long run, I see .us trouncing the other two. But yet again, only time will tell...

-Allan

Yep, I agree with Allan, .us, .info, .biz.

Tom

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Something to remember, while ".us" is geo-targetted, I still have a little trouble with .info and .biz since they are both still "English" extension.

I disagree that .info is an "English" extension, but .biz probably does tend to be. INFO means or is an abbreviation, the same thing, or well understood in a number of languages:

Information - English
información - Spanish
informação - Portuguese
le informazioni - Italian
Informationen - German
l'information - French

Actually some of the larger sales come from Germany. My largest .info sale went to a user in Hungary (rafting.info). Many of the other offers I had on the domain came from Germany and Austria. I sold supportdesk.info to a user in India (okay, probably for an English audience on this one).

IAmAllanShore said:

I think .us and info will both be strong, but each in it's own way depending on how it fits the extension. Since (technically) you have to have US nexus to own a .us, the potential buyer market is somewhat smaller than the other two gTLD's. Worldwide, I think .info will prevail. However, among North Americans, I think .us will be preferred.

.biz will remain a third, but I see it being big for small business who can accept not having the .com which probably doesn't directly compete with them anyway.

Last edited:
•••
I'd say:

.INFO
.US
.BIZ

IMHO, of course :gl: !

True_Snake

•••
For us companies, choose .us if .com not available! For non-US, I'd prefer .biz!

•••
It really depends on the type of application, .BIZ is more versatile than .INFO for creating a commercial site, and is closest to .COM in this respect. .US, that extension will continue to grow, but highly limited to local businesses or for geotargeting purposes.

•••
I would say:
.biz
.us
.info

I do not live in USA, so .us is not very valuable to me, but .info is still worse

•••
Depends totally on name, Like

needmore.info will be more valuable than .us and .biz. Similarly home.biz, small.biz sounds sensible

Generally I have observed, that for top names, .net, .org, and .info are usually take before .us and .biz

•••
according to 3 letter values:

.info
.biz
.us

•••
i would have to say

.info
.us
.biz

and i have not registered/bought a single .biz to date.

•••
•••
.info
.us
.biz

Imo, but again I does really depend on the word :lala:

•••
matt247 said:
which is most valuable in order?
In response to the question at hand and looking at the available sales data, there should be no argument that the order is as follows:

1. .Info
2. .US
3. .Biz

Anyone's speculation is as good as anyone else's as to what happens down the road...!

•••
Just like many others who've posted above,

1. .info
2. .us
3. .biz

•••
I'm just glad we've reached a point where quality domains in ALL 3 of these extensions have proven to be valuable. They have each had their share of bumps in the road, but the new namespace has a solid foundation now. Onward and upwards! :)

•••
.info would come first (for me)..... they are cheap :D

•••
INFO
US
BIZ

each has its place, but I think only info is a top-echelon and universal domain out of the 3

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back