Domain Empire

Urgent legal advice pls

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If a company official name is for example XYZ.com or .org and they decide to expand their company to north america countries like CANADA and USA, and then after that they start openning new offices in every state and adding to their name to state names for example NYxyz.com , TXxyz.com ,CAzxyz.com...

My legal question is what about if I register all this names which I know they gonna register very soon

Is that gonna be a legal issue like suing or they cant go after me for that names. Urgent advice pls. I hope you understand my point.

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pretty much a text book definition of cybersquatting.

•••
Laws have been specifically written for cases such as yours. You could be sued and subject to $100,000 fine PER NAME.

•••
•••
Ooops

oops

caseclosed

thanks guys

•••
Even I have to agree with everyone on that one, and I've been known for championing "cyber-homesteading" rather than calling everything "cyber-squatting." But most of this view is based solidly on the grandfathered-in position, wherein a big company or famous person tries to much LATER come along and grab a domain name from a little guy.

However, when you're now talking about getting advance word about some company and/or related famous person's near future movements, and then trying to cash in on it soon - that's a whole different matter! In fact, not only would it be a gross case of "cyber-squatting" it could also qualify as an internet version of "insider trading"!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back