IT.COM

news Update: Existing Domains Won’t Be Affected by Uniregistry’s Price Increase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wass

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who cares? Who cares? And who will care? New tlds are dead. Like i said years ago

Thanks

•••
Who cares? Who cares? And who will care? New tlds are dead. Like i said years ago

Thanks
Who cares? Who cares? For sure at least you. For sure at least you. Because you are in new gTLD discussions... Because you are in new gTLD discussions...

Courage. Courage.
:xf.wink::xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
It's too late anyway, the damage has been done and a precedent has been set.
The fundamental issues (lack of viability) remain unsolved.
As long as there are no contractual price caps, new extensions will remain a super-high risk bet.
If you wannabe a guinea pig, your call :)

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, fools.gold.

•••
Ehm..... way to make it even more confusing for the aftermarket.

Yikes

•••
hmm is this true? I still own a .christmas but its with Namecheap... how will this work out?

This is why I dislike Unregistry/Frank....

•••
so this is how the .gtlds will end up...$1 million a year. Sucks for the users that made a site .brand with the new gtlds.

I'd say that maybe 10 or so gtld names will be avail in 5 years..the rest will close or become super expensive.

•••
The consolation prize. I'll take it, for the few that I own.

hmm is this true? I still own a .christmas but its with Namecheap... how will this work out?

This is why I dislike Unregistry/Frank....
Not a lot of details in the article, but it looks like your name's renewal will be grandfathered. No indication you actually have to hold the name at Uniregistry, so it would count at any registrar.

•••
The trend should worry you. Next year ad year after. Can you invest to build a brand without knowing how much a name will cost you? With .coms you sorta know...

The consolation prize. I'll take it, for the few that I own.

Not a lot of details in the article, but it looks like your name's renewal will be grandfathered. No indication you actually have to hold the name at Uniregistry, so it would count at any registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back