Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Unstoppable Issue

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Pairadice

Established Member
Impact
207
hi
 
Last edited:
14
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Does this sort of thing happen very often?
 
0
•••
3
•••
You must provide evidence, else it looks too easy to text any issue towards UD without evidence.
 
1
•••
Thats true, but assuming the evidence is there (which it is), I may need some help in recovering the domains/etc. if they say they won't help, or they keep not responding.
 
1
•••
5
•••
Same issue mentioned here:


@Pairadice you edited your original question out - did it get resolved?

It's NOT resolved, but I am weighing whether posting on this board is going to make things better or worse for the situation. Yes I still need help but was going to wait a few days to hear from them as they went radio silent even though they helped the guy already at the link you posted, for me they won't respond at all.
 
2
•••
UPDATE: I received a response from UD after 2 days of hearing nothing, but the support response did nothing, no promise to safeguard the 6 names still at their registrar. They asked me a question that they could have asked to a chat bot and received a similar answer: did I renew the domains at the previous registrar before transferring? Not only did I not do that, but if I had there would still have been a year left of service on these domains! WHAT THE HECK, SAFEGUARD MY DOMAINS AND STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS AND WASTING TIME

Also I noticed they put out a new email starting today saying "your domain is going to auction". They did not send these in the past. So clearly they are scrambling

And that 800 number that was provided by someone in another thread goes NOWHERE - that 800 number DOES NOT WORK
 
1
•••
0
•••
I called that one 800 number from Canada eh
It just went to a generic voicemail. Didn’t even identify the company or anything.
Sorry you got burned, life is hard enough as it is without dishonesty.
 
2
•••
I called that one 800 number from Canada eh
It just went to a generic voicemail. Didn’t even identify the company or anything.
Sorry you got burned, life is hard enough as it is without dishonesty.

@Unstoppable Domains

Thanks. Well I wanted to chock it up to just a glitch/oversight on their part.

But their subsequent behavior while the domains are still expired in their system when whois shows they are not, is extremely concerning.

The fact I had to wait 2 days for inane response, makes me think they are stalling so they can continue stealing more names.

It's funny how they've been tagged in this thread and yet they refuse to communicate. They care only about their own liability, not anyone's names from being stolen (by them).

I thought legitimate regisrtrars would be a bit less shady than this.

Lesson: Just because they are icann-accredited, have sedo and afternic fast transfer, does not mean they are not finding illegal ways to steal people's domains.
 
0
•••
It's NOT resolved, but I am weighing whether posting on this board is going to make things better or worse for the situation. Yes I still need help but was going to wait a few days to hear from them as they went radio silent even though they helped the guy already at the link you posted, for me they won't respond at all.
It is worth, because you protest here, the more people join the faster they will move to resolve the issue.
 
1
•••
UPDATE: Received a response from a customer service guy from unstoppable finally. At step in the right direction, but again still stalling and not returning the domains to my account and asking more questions - i.e., more cheap talk rather than any action on the situation.

He refunds me for the restoral fees I've spent, but I would have disputed the credit card transaction anyway so that does little.

The only appropriate response is them saying they've returned the 6 domains to my account that are still at unstoppable.

The guy offers me $150 in credits for 5 domains that were stolen. I think that's a bit low especially since credits will only be good at the same service which is stealing the same names in the first place.
 
1
•••
.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
UPDATE: They emailed and said they are working on resolving the situation. maybe it can have a good resolve after all.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
UPDATE: They emailed and said they are working on resolving the situation. maybe it can have a good resolve after all.
Let us know how it goes, we stand with you in this. :xf.cool:
 
2
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back