Domain Empire

advice Unsolicited offer comes in - Who blinks first?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBlueprint

Established Member
Impact
Over the weekend I received an offer from an end-user who is looking to buy a domain I hand reg last Spring, and only have a coming soon landing page on it. I replied and asked what was his offer, and he said what's my price.

I had plans originally to develop this domain, but decided against after the New Year, so this comes as a pleasant surprise. On the other hand, I rather the potential buyer to make the first offer, than I to potentially cost myself hundreds.

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I was buying I would be annoyed and put off by a range. In general. Ask a price and be realistic. Especially as it’s a new handreg.
Most end users, don't care about how old a name is,or if it has been handreg. Sure those are talking points that can be utilized in negotiations. Most end users just like a name so much (for a variety of reasons) that they won't even check for dirty back links... etc. and have to clean up later.
Then there's the end user that likes the name, takes the time needed to do research, and likes the results they found. In both cases, if contact is initiated by the end user, I would be quoting a premium price using past sales data for similar names that sold, (namebio comes to mind) and start the negotiation from there. sometimes you can go much higher then that if you can find out who wants your name, and what their net worth is. However, nowadays that's getting harder to do. GoodLuck in your negotiations, keep us posted.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was unaware of the GoDaddy tool. I often used Valuate/Estibot, and more recently NameBio. I find it interesting the value of the domain are quite different.

Valuate/Estibot = $45
GoDaddy = $1882

•••
Price the name realistically, and respond back with a BIN price. Leave room for negociation.
Many buyers don't like to negotiate or their brain lack wisdom for that. Most times they just disappear without trying to beat down the price to where they want it lol

•••
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was unaware of the GoDaddy tool. I often used Valuate/Estibot, and more recently NameBio. I find it interesting the value of the domain are quite different.

Valuate/Estibot = $45
GoDaddy = $1882
Those mean nothing in the grand scheme. Only means something to fellow domain investors. You make the value by assigning your price. Don’t give it to this law group for anything less than you what you will be happy with. I would hold firm with five figures and hold onto this domain. Maple Dots gave you good advice.

Last edited:
•••
Many buyers don't like to negotiate or their brain lack wisdom for that. Most times they just disappear without trying to beat down the price to where they want it lol

I must be lucky in that case.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back