Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Makpro

Established Member
Impact
Hello I accepted a transaction on Uniregistry marketplace for $1000
There are payment options
Wire transfer - free
Credit card & PayPal 3.50% to 4% fee processing fee...

First I choose wire . But was unable to send money - my bank issue

Again I chose PayPal payments which have some fee so total payment $1039 .which is fine ..

Now I checkout but payment declined. . I again tried to pay via PayPal. .This time sale price is $1079 total... For wire as well as for PayPal . .This time also payment failed due to my card issue . Now sale price is $1120 + $40 = $1160 total.. .

They keep increasing sale price..

Any experience with Uniregistrar market sales .
Need help

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Something strange here.

Did you check whois? Especially if it is .com, it is likely that it is owned and was listed by Uniregistry customer (not by Uniregistry or their affiliated companies). Reason: Uni normally would not sell their own aftermarket .coms for $1000, too cheap for their model (however, if you are purchasing registry premium new gtld this would be a different story).

Now, if some customer is the seller and listed the domain for $1000 and opted-in to offer online payment methods like CC or PayPal - then the seller will have all such fees deducted from their payout. At least it happened when I sold domains on Uniregistry market. So you should not see extra processing fee for paypal or credit card.

Increasing price may be the sellers decision, increase price based on demand determined by a number of requests and/or (failed) purchase attempts. But, if you tried various payment methods inside the same sales transaction - there should be no way for the seller to change the price for a transaction in progress.

You may either - pay by credit/debit card (not paypal) making sure that it is enabled for international (Cayman Islands in particular) online purchases. Just to decrease a possibility of a new price change. And/or ask Uniregistry support what happens and why.

P.S. If the domain is owned by a third party seller - it is likely that it is independently listed also on Sedo and/or Afternic with the same price. Or. with a different price.

Last edited:
•••
Hello I accepted a transaction on Uniregistry marketplace for $1000
There are payment options
Wire transfer - free
Credit card & PayPal 3.50% to 4% fee processing fee...

First I choose wire . But was unable to send money - my bank issue

Again I chose PayPal payments which have some fee so total payment $1039 .which is fine ..

Now I checkout but payment declined. . I again tried to pay via PayPal. .This time sale price is $1079 total... For wire as well as for PayPal . .This time also payment failed due to my card issue . Now sale price is $1120 + $40 = $1160 total.. .

They keep increasing sale price..

Any experience with Uniregistrar market sales .
Need help
If you contact their support what they say?

•••
Something strange here.

Did you check whois? Especially if it is .com, it is likely that it is owned and was listed by Uniregistry customer (not by Uniregistry or their affiliated companies). Reason: Uni normally would not sell their own aftermarket .coms for $1000, too cheap for their model (however, if you are purchasing registry premium new gtld this would be a different story).

Now, if some customer is the seller and listed the domain for $1000 and opted-in to offer online payment methods like CC or PayPal - then the seller will have all such fees deducted from their payout. At least it happened when I sold domains on Uniregistry market. So you should not see extra processing fee for paypal or credit card.

Increasing price may be the sellers decision, increase price based on demand determined by a number of requests and/or (failed) purchase attempts. But, if you tried various payment methods inside the same sales transaction - there should be no way for the seller to change the price for a transaction in progress.

You may either - pay by credit/debit card (not paypal) making sure that it is enabled for international (Cayman Islands in particular) online purchases. Just to decrease a possibility of a new price change. And/or ask Uniregistry support what happens and why.

P.S. If the domain is owned by a third party seller - it is likely that it is independently listed also on Sedo and/or Afternic with the same price. Or. with a different price.

Thank you for explaining. It is listed by individual seller . I also contacted to Uniregistry broker and their support regarding this matter

•••
Thank you for explaining. It is listed by individual seller . I also contacted to Uniregistry broker and their support regarding this matter
Lol Uniregistry broker, now the price is going to go up by 15 percent.

Is Uniregistry charging buyers credit card fee, as well as deducting a credit card fee from the seller also?

•••
Lol Uniregistry broker, now the price is going to go up by 15 percent.

Is Uniregistry charging buyers credit card fee, as well as deducting a credit card fee from the seller also?

It's pathetic. once I complete this transaction, I will never get into Uniregistry again

•••
As a curiosity, I just checked my latest Uni Market sales transaction... It says "Checkout: Payment in the amount of $xxxx made using payment method credit card." in transaction history, and the amount shown is exactly my price without any extra charges.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back