IT.COM

Uniregistry.com Market anybody sold/buying

NameSilo
Watch
Uniregistry.com has anyone had any luck buying or selling on the new market.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have noticed parking is down alot, going over the stats, I can't make sense of it, ever since the shift, revenue has dropped by alot. I thought it was just me now that I see others are having the same issue, it might be something bigger.

•••
Could it be something in buy.internettraffic is no longer jiving, with the integration of ns1.uniregistrymarket?

•••
Could it be something in buy.internettraffic is no longer jiving, with the integration of ns1.uniregistrymarket?

I'm using .link version and I have issues, so it's not NS related.

•••
Yes my parking also sharply declined from 7xx to average 200-300 within one month.

Last month I joined Uni via DNS and opt for PPC, their brokerage scheme. I'll see there were 600-700 visitors but very few inquiries.

Then I tried and changed to NO-PPC, self brokerage then I got at least few inquiries a day instead of a week? Not sure if it was just coincidence but after that I gave up the revenue by opting out PPC but I don't see I'm getting any revenues for parking either? I forward all my domains by setting their server? So should I be getting pay for my parking traffic or do I need to transfer my domains to Uni to get paid?

•••
Lately I am not able to view daily parking reports..it keeps on getting delayed . Why not consistently? Today is 20th, I am still not able to view yesterday's report (its 5:45 pm PST) @Uniregistry

Last edited:
•••
Self-broker is no commission. The DNS system moves sales to Escrow.com, and I assume DNS gets a commission from them, but the buyer and seller pay no commission directly and you do not need to use Escrow.com.[
Oh, in addition ...
If you set your domains to Buy It Now (not Bin/Offer) they are not considered Self-Brokered. The first lander is the price and a button, no parking ads. Buy It Now listings are charged 10%.

Hmm I didn't see any mandatory minimums for BIN prices, it might be a deal breaker given I've had a few issues with leads going to brokers when they weren't supposed to.

I still can't figure their system out. I also have an offer from a landing page visit, which is being funneled through their brokerage. And they've decided to set their own price, even though I had a price set for the domain :(

NameSilo BIN pages have no miminum fees, and a 7.5% sales commission)

If the minimum commission at UNI is $175, I think I'll move more names over to NS.

•••
•••
I still can't figure their system out. I also have an offer from a landing page visit, which is being funneled through their brokerage. And they've decided to set their own price, even though I had a price set for the domain :(

If the minimum commission at UNI is $175, I think I'll move more names over to NS.
How can they set their own price? They must have used a previous price you had quoted, but even still, that should not be happening?

•••

I sold a name for $275 via Uni BIN in January. I received $247.50 so I'm not sure about that minimum commission, at least when it comes to BIN.

•••

I also have read this figure from somewhere but it's not the case. At least not with BIN names.

•••
How can they set their own price? They must have used a previous price you had quoted, but even still, that should not be happening?

The price was already set in my console, so when they asked, I just restated the price. And then they went with a higher price back to the prospect.

•••
The price was already set in my console, so when they asked, I just restated the price. And then they went with a higher price back to the prospect.

Has happened to me too. I've just assumed it's a broker adding their cut to the price.

•••
Has happened to me too. I've just assumed it's a broker adding their cut to the price.
I don't mind them starting at a higher price, usually they get a feel, and start higher, many times they have sold names for more than I was asking. They have some brokers that have been there for a while, so they get to understand your pricing sometimes.

•••
Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in sales lately? I was surprised to realize recently that I haven't made a sale through Uniregistry in over 4 months. Over that time period I've had 400-500 names using their BIN landers. It was going all right back in 2016 -- I was getting a sale every month-and-a-half maybe.

This whole year it's been dead. Just wondering if there are others experiencing the same thing. Or on the contrary, who are satisfied with the sales that they are getting through Uniregistry.

•••
I'm yet to make any sale at Uniregistry. Over 80 inquiries and no sale! All my domains are handled by Uni brokers but can't find out how to switch to self broker!

•••
Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in sales lately? I was surprised to realize recently that I haven't made a sale through Uniregistry in over 4 months. Over that time period I've had 400-500 names using their BIN landers. It was going all right back in 2016 -- I was getting a sale every month-and-a-half maybe.

This whole year it's been dead. Just wondering if there are others experiencing the same thing. Or on the contrary, who are satisfied with the sales that they are getting through Uniregistry.

I was having the same problem and moved all my domains to another parking company.

•••
I'm yet to make any sale at Uniregistry. Over 80 inquiries and no sale! All my domains are handled by Uni brokers but can't find out how to switch to self broker!

I have a similar issue. Around 10 inquiries, of which 1 was "kinda" real.

•••
However, you may have to put up with the occasional failed sales as some users will click the BIN, but are given seven days to pay which on three occasions did not complete payment.

Found this thread when googling info on non-paying buyers at Uniregistry / DomainNameSales.com - does seem to be a problem. Do buyers really make any financial commitment when they click buy?

This happened to me with a term that was in the news and I realised the "buyer" was basically taking an option on the name for a week, if they could find a buyer at a higher price that week they'd make a killing.

Guess what, Uniregistry terms let you cancel a sale as long as you do that before the buyer sends the funds.

Last edited:
•••
Uni hasn't been good for about a year now and I completely stopped using it. I think a lot of people are stopping to use them and moving domains out. I've been contacted by their support a couple times with them trying to offer deals and special prices to keep me but all I have left is 3 domains there and looking to move them out.

•••
Uni hasn't been good for about a year now and I completely stopped using it. I think a lot of people are stopping to use them and moving domains out. I've been contacted by their support a couple times with them trying to offer deals and special prices to keep me but all I have left is 3 domains there and looking to move them out.
What do you mean, not good how?

What does it matter where your domains are parked, if someone wants it, they will make an inquiry via the lander, and the rest is based on communication, and the quality of the domain, and how bad someone wants it?

What more could there be to it?

•••
Uniregistry payment processing is definitely working, I mean technically working - if the buyer submitted payment, it will be processed. No issues with this so far. Moreover, I've seen no problems with paying for my own registrations/transfers/renewals through paypal or CC - it simply works as expected, and the processing gateways must be the same... What in fact happens with aftermarket sales is that not all buyers do end up submitting payments even in brokered transactions where they confirmed their intention to purchase, and received an individual payment link. The same must be the case with BIN fixed price landers (especially if the system logs and reports each and every attempt to add the domain to a shopping cart, etc).

One would expect that Uniregistry should well care about payment processing side nowadays, indeed, after escrow com became unusable - built-in Uniregistry Market processing is the only practical way to sell @ Uniregistry.

Last edited:
•••
I realised the "buyer" was basically taking an option on the name for a week, if they could find a buyer at a higher price that week they'd make a killing.
Indeed must be the case. First, they spam pending delete domains as being for sale through them as the "owner". Then, they do not get a domain. Then, after a legitimate domainer wins the auction - in a couple of days they send a price request sometimes even having the balls to represent themselves as "brokers" (must be for those innocent endusers who were unlucky enough to respond to their pre-release spam). After not receiving any reply (at least I feel I am able to detect such "domainers" in most cases and I always ignore them), nowadays they initiate a purchase if the domain has published price (?), or are still trying to negotiate something without any intention to pay unless they quickly receive funds from the victim...

Last edited:
•••
I dont like the fact, they Kind of harass the potential buyers and sending them dozens emails and future reminders. I have contacted the Broker to dismiss the "negotiations" but they are still sending emails to them.

•••
Bloated interface, hard to use "over engineered" as we say in the software industry.

•••
I dont like the fact, they Kind of harass the potential buyers and sending them dozens emails and future reminders. I have contacted the Broker to dismiss the "negotiations" but they are still sending emails to them.
Yep. Have a buyer on the hook which could potentially turn into a 5 figure sale and today he's emailed my broker asking her to stop sending lots of emails and that he'll reach out if he decides to purchase. It is a form of harassment.

PS. I still prefer passing inquiries to the brokerage team, just wish they'd cut out the constant stream of follow up emails.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back