IT.COM

Uniregistry.com Market anybody sold/buying

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Uniregistry.com has anyone had any luck buying or selling on the new market.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm still using the old buy.internettraffic.com / sell.internettraffic.com nameservers and my domains display the new landers.

Share me 1 domain name please. Thanks

•••
There are several ways to point to the correct lander. Either edit the names at Uni to forward to:

https://uniregistry.com/market/contact/{DOMAIN}
or for BIN: https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/{DOMAIN}

Or set your banner links at Uni to the above.

If your names are at Name.com and the name servers are using their default servers you could bulk forward using: https://uniregistry.com/market/contact/%DOMAIN% or https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/%DOMAIN%

Equipment (dot) ME would be an example.

•••
Im yet to receive a response! Im getting really annoyed! Some domainers told me its normal that parking companies take out traffic for their own, but I will refuse to believe this. However Im really disappointed with whats going on!
I have a lot of domains with alexa ranking, would you believe such a portfolio can have a total of 150 visitors a day? Down from a 1000!!!!!!
I will give it one more week, if nothing is resolved, I will move all to afternic. I dont care about revenue as I am putting my landers on BIN settings for most domains!
Such an abysmal experience to wait for 2 weeks to know whats going on!!!!
Did you contact DNS or Uniregistry support? Sometimes DNS support doesn't reply when you contact them. Might have to contact them again if they didn't respond for 2 weeks.

If you didn't move over to Uniregistry, how do you still manage a large portfolio at DNS? I moved all my domains away from DNS, but kept using them as temporary sales landers for dropcaught names. But after Uniregistry opened, I can't make any changes at DNS anymore, since it is no longer possible to change most settings (they tell you to open a Uniregistry account and change the settings there).

•••
I will say names marked as BIN and using https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/{DOMAIN} are more attractive. However, you may have to put up with the occasional failed sales as some users will click the BIN, but are given seven days to pay which on three occasions did not complete payment.

As for linking accounts between DNS & Uni, continuing to edit names at DNS, as well as some other basic questions, I believe they have been answered early on in this thread as well as a couple of others started (do search).

•••
I have a contact from the traffic unit directly. He is a solid contact there, but unfortunately its taking forever
I dont need to do much changes, as I am putting all my new names under make offer by default, I have over 1400 domains that are set to BIN prior to the uniregistry opening, so no worries about that piece!

•••
Self-broker is no commission. The DNS system moves sales to Escrow.com, and I assume DNS gets a commission from them, but the buyer and seller pay no commission directly and you do not need to use Escrow.com.

As for 20% syndicated, I do not know, but I doubt it. Only Godaddy charges that much.

The DNS website is currently a mess, much is not working. They say portfolio changes now are at Uniregistry, but all I get there is a empty blue screen.

But the biggest improvement needed is the option not to require buyers to give their name and email in order to get a price quote. That is a sale killer.

•••
I have a contact from the traffic unit directly. He is a solid contact there, but unfortunately its taking forever
I dont need to do much changes, as I am putting all my new names under make offer by default, I have over 1400 domains that are set to BIN prior to the uniregistry opening, so no worries about that piece!
I used to add new domains leading directly to their sales page. But now it is a parking page with ads and a for sale banner by default, and it's not possible to switch over to pure sales pages unless I switch over to Uniregistry market. So the platform doesn't work for me anymore, since I list far too few names to make parking worth it, although I guess removing functionality is just a way to make people migrate to Uniregistry faster.
Self-broker is no commission. The DNS system moves sales to Escrow.com, and I assume DNS gets a commission from them, but the buyer and seller pay no commission directly and you do not need to use Escrow.com.

As for 20% syndicated, I do not know, but I doubt it. Only Godaddy charges that much.

The DNS website is currently a mess, much is not working. They say portfolio changes now are at Uniregistry, but all I get there is a empty blue screen.

But the biggest improvement needed is the option not to require buyers to give their name and email in order to get a price quote. That is a sale killer.
Are Uniregistry self-brokered sales commission free too?

•••
You would think Uniregistry would want to send a representative onto this thread to answer these questions.

•••
You would think Uniregistry would want to send a representative onto this thread to answer these questions.
They have a company account here (@Uniregistry), but it shows last login as Jan 10.

•••
Oh, in addition ...

If you set your domains to Buy It Now (not Bin/Offer) they are not considered Self-Brokered. The first lander is the price and a button, no parking ads. Buy It Now listings are charged 10%.

•••
Oh, in addition ...

If you set your domains to Buy It Now (not Bin/Offer) they are not considered Self-Brokered. The first lander is the price and a button, no parking ads. Buy It Now listings are charged 10%.

That's the strategy I've been using. I did not have a DNS account, but I like the simplicity of the Uni BIN landers, so I'm using them on a lot of my domains. It may not be a good strategy for lower-priced names, though, because I think there is a minimum $175 commission.

•••
That's the strategy I've been using. I did not have a DNS account, but I like the simplicity of the Uni BIN landers, so I'm using them on a lot of my domains. It may not be a good strategy for lower-priced names, though, because I think there is a minimum $175 commission.
I read through their marketplace agreement, but it does not explicitly say the commission fees for BIN and self-brokered names.

It does stat their brokerage service fees:
You agree to pay a sales commission of 15% on sales based on leads obtained directly by Uniregistry or its affiliates, and a minimum commission of US $175 on brokered lead transactions. You agree to pay a sales commission of 20% on referred lead sales. Sales commissions(s) will be deducted from any amount paid or credited to you after receipt of payment for such sales by Uniregistry.

When it comes to BIN names, it just says:
You agree that assignment of a list price and designation of a listing as “Buy It Now” shall constitute your agreement to transfer the domain name to a buyer upon buyer's payment of the price you have listed. "Buy It Now" listings are limited to domain names registered via Uniregistry as registrar. It is your sole responsibility to verify that the listed price for the domain name is correct and current, and your assignment of a list price constitutes your affirmation that the list price is correct and current. We are entitled to rely on your designation of a list price for a domain name which you have placed for sale as "Buy It Now". If a buyer purchases a domain name listed as "Buy It Now", and has sufficiently funded their purchasing account, you acknowledge, agree, authorize and understand that the Uniregistry registrar system will immediately transfer the domain name to the buyer in accordance with your designation of the domain name as a "Buy It Now" listing.

It doesn't mention anything about a $175 minimum commission, but that seems like a really steep fee to pay for just a BIN landing page (especially since other registrars are able to offer this service at much lower prices, e.g. NameSilo BIN pages have no miminum fees, and a 7.5% sales commission)

About other sales, the agreement says:
Any transaction fees associated with the payment and transaction options specified by seller in connection with the listing will be deducted from any proceeds for the sale to be credited to the seller.

It's not specific in terms of the actual % fees for different kinds of sales.

•••
I read through their marketplace agreement, but it does not explicitly say the commission fees for BIN and self-brokered names.

It does stat their brokerage service fees:
You agree to pay a sales commission of 15% on sales based on leads obtained directly by Uniregistry or its affiliates, and a minimum commission of US $175 on brokered lead transactions. You agree to pay a sales commission of 20% on referred lead sales. Sales commissions(s) will be deducted from any amount paid or credited to you after receipt of payment for such sales by Uniregistry.

When it comes to BIN names, it just says:
You agree that assignment of a list price and designation of a listing as “Buy It Now” shall constitute your agreement to transfer the domain name to a buyer upon buyer's payment of the price you have listed. "Buy It Now" listings are limited to domain names registered via Uniregistry as registrar. It is your sole responsibility to verify that the listed price for the domain name is correct and current, and your assignment of a list price constitutes your affirmation that the list price is correct and current. We are entitled to rely on your designation of a list price for a domain name which you have placed for sale as "Buy It Now". If a buyer purchases a domain name listed as "Buy It Now", and has sufficiently funded their purchasing account, you acknowledge, agree, authorize and understand that the Uniregistry registrar system will immediately transfer the domain name to the buyer in accordance with your designation of the domain name as a "Buy It Now" listing.

It doesn't mention anything about a $175 minimum commission, but that seems like a really steep fee to pay for just a BIN landing page (especially since other registrars are able to offer this service at much lower prices, e.g. NameSilo BIN pages have no miminum fees, and a 7.5% sales commission)

About other sales, the agreement says:
Any transaction fees associated with the payment and transaction options specified by seller in connection with the listing will be deducted from any proceeds for the sale to be credited to the seller.

It's not specific in terms of the actual % fees for different kinds of sales.

Hmm I didn't see any mandatory minimums for BIN prices, it might be a deal breaker given I've had a few issues with leads going to brokers when they weren't supposed to.

•••
Hmm I didn't see any mandatory minimums for BIN prices, it might be a deal breaker given I've had a few issues with leads going to brokers when they weren't supposed to.
Had a similar issue with DNS, certain leads were assigned to their brokers, even though I had all my names set to self-brokered.

•••
Whohoo, since today related pictures on mobile DNS parking pages are back. E.g.: quick.loans
Can't wait to see them back on desktop pages!

•••
I moved somw domains to Uniregistry and I get a lot of inquiries sometimes for the same name with different IPs and phones but when I reply , I never hear back. Is this normal? Sometimes I suspect it is just spam.

•••
I moved somw domains to Uniregistry and I get a lot of inquiries sometimes for the same name with different IPs and phones but when I reply , I never hear back. Is this normal? Sometimes I suspect it is just spam.

Lol I got a lot of inquiries too (but from developing countries like Mexico, India, Nigeria, Indonesia etc) and they are really keeping me busy but most of the ones from developing countries don't reply because they probably cannot afford them!

If they are from different GEO then it should not be spams. U can check your traffic to see whether there are visitors etc

Sometimes the GEO IPs maybe a bit inaccurate because when I travelled to Taiwan, the system indicated that I was in Japan. But you can always google the IP address to get a better picture of your potential buyer.

For western countries, yes, response is so-so for me.

Last edited:
•••
Lol I got a lot of inquiries too (but from developing countries like Mexico, India, Nigeria, Indonesia etc) and they are really keeping me busy but most of the ones from developing countries don't reply because they probably cannot afford them!

If they are from different GEO then it should not be spams. U can check your traffic to see whether there are visitors etc

Sometimes the GEO IPs maybe a bit inaccurate because when I travelled to Taiwan, the system indicated that I was in Japan. But you can always google the IP address to get a better picture of your potential buyer.

For western countries, yes, response is so-so for me.
Thanks, the IPs are from UK, South Korea , Bosnia and they never replied back

•••
Thanks, the IPs are from UK, South Korea , Bosnia and they never replied back

But for the ones who keep coming back to check the prices using different email but with similar IPs then it is a good sign - it shows that they are still interested. Anyway good luck !

I started using UNI for one month now and have made few sales over $24,XXX!

Last edited:
•••
But for the ones who keep coming back to check the prices using different email but with similar IPs then it is a good sign - it shows that they are still interested. Anyway good luck !

I started using UNI for one month now and have made few sales over $24,XXX!
Thanks,

Two different emails from two different IPs of the same country with different cities actually seem to track one of my names but and both asked for prices but disappeared. That is great you made sales, Hope to report some soon

•••
Thanks,

Two different emails from two different IPs of the same country with different cities actually seem to track one of my names but and both asked for prices but disappeared. That is great you made sales, Hope to report some soon

Yes will report & share once sales are completed. Thanks!

•••
Yes will report & share once sales are completed. Thanks!
One thing I forgot to mention is that all the inquires go to the archive tab and nothing stays in the inbox from the first time , also when I say move to trash, it never moves.

Another thing , what do they mean this

"
Forward all your email sales inquiries to [email protected] and our system will organize them for you here. "

That shows up when I click the Inbox tab.

•••
I am still at DNS and wouldnt move to Uniregistry. However, recently Im seeing a huge decline in traffic in my reports on DNS, and I sent them an email asking for the reason. Same thing happened 2 months ago. Not acceptable to all of a sudden have 80% decrease in traffic. I know for a fact that my 1450 names dont get me 150 visits a day only! when they used to get 1000 visits a day SOLID!
Any Updates on this traffic issue?

•••
Any Updates on this traffic issue?

I'm experiencing the same problem last couple of weeks. Asked them for an explanation, never heard them back. Going to update the ticket with the same question.

•••
Fixed for 3 weeks then back to the same issue since 10 days ago. It seems that this is something thats not getting fixed, I am losing a lot of revenue for sure because of this! I got 3,500 domains and get less than $5 partking per day sometimes 1500 uniques and $2 parking, thats an additional issue :S

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back