IT.COM

Uniregistry.com Market anybody sold/buying

NameSilo
Watch
Uniregistry.com has anyone had any luck buying or selling on the new market.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not exactly new. It's DomainNameSales, afaik. I actually like the integration with domain name searches at Uniregistry. Not too much in your face, but it's easy to click what is available. I'm not sure how successful it will be selling to domainers at end-user prices. But I have always been impressed as a potential buyer for their tenacity for sales.

•••
Nice interface but support is hella confusing. No way to set BIN prices.

•••

upload_2016-4-24_19-7-24.png

•••
•••
You can modify domains at DNS and the changes will show @ Uniregistry. At Uniregistry you just need to have your sales link and text setup to point to them instead of DNS. Something like:

Banner link:
https://uniregistry.com/market/contact/{DOMAIN}

Banner text:
Limited time only. {LINK}Click here{/LINK} to purchase {DOMAIN} today!

I like this much better than the DNS offer page. As for sales, still tbd. I suspect it's best to use BIN and Offers, but that could just be me. Support has been good and they do follow up on whatever issue occurred stays resolved.

•••
Most NP members don't have a DNS account

•••
The link I posted above still works. However, there is another one:

https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/{DOMAIN}

As for sales coming from Uniregistry: I had someone use the BIN yesterday and unfortunately the buyer was given seven days to pay which makes absolutely no sense to me. In my mind BIN means immediate purchase and the name was set to BIN; instead, "Buyer presented with option to buy now."

On a separate note while @ DNS I was told by a broker of two failed BIN sales one of which is involving the name purchased through BIN yesterday. These are not major sales, but do cause me to question the amount of time I spend configuring names for sale there (case correction, sales type, sales pricing, brokered/non-brokered, etc).

Their landers are beautiful imo and I can by all means create my own, but with hundreds of names and frequent changes it's time not well spent. If the other marketplaces or parking outfits such as bodis, afternic, sedo etc offered case correction with a simple lander without ads, then I'd be tempted to use them.

Anyway, I guess as for sales in that marketplace I'm still @ tbd while I continue to run up the tab for time.

•••
I'm confused with setting BIN prices too. It's a little complicated as compared to Sedo or Afternic

or maybe it's just me.

•••
You can set BIN prices in bulk @ DNS by using Advanced Domain Pricing under the Domains link which is the easiest. At Uniregistry you can select multiple names, click Edit and adjust BIN accordingly. Unlike DNS, I don't know of a way to bulk adjust varying prices @ Uni yet.

•••
To set BIN pricing at Uniregistry. Log into the market. Right click on the domain / domains you want and select edit. Change the sale method to Buy It Now (BIN). Save. @Adam27

•••
To set BIN pricing at Uniregistry. Log into the market. Right click on the domain / domains you want and select edit. Change the sale method to Buy It Now (BIN). Save. @Adam27
What is the minimum BIN price allowed?

•••
Whatever you want, but keep in mind if it's brokered, there will be a minimum $175 fee.

•••
Just an FYI if you have your domains for "Self Broker", I tested the new landing page just to see how everything appeared and I received an automated response from a DNS broker soliciting an offer and claiming to represent "the seller."

I'm waiting to hear back from them as to why this happened, but it makes me wonder how many of the inquiring leads got the same message. I suspect it is simply a conflict between the two sets of settings, given they are still in transition to the new market at Uniregistry. To confirm, all my domains are still set to self-broker.

•••
yes I tested it too. I Wish there was a way for seller to cancel/delete an inquir on unireg.. but there does not seem to be. why not let seller just completely remove or cancel any inquiry he no longer wants to deal with. for whatever reason. this should in the end be entirely sellers choice.

•••
@Dan - Possibly that you have the option to syndicate set?

@alcy - I've been able to ignore / cancel when name was set to self brokered

•••

yes. thanks. I meant when with broker.
feels like i should still be able to decide that then. but.. perhpas it is in their terms of agreemnt, that if brokered I do not get to cancel a thing anymore. tnx.

•••

Is the commission 15% for both brokered ad self brokered?

If selected self brokered, what is the minimum commission?

•••
Is the commission 15% for both brokered ad self brokered?

If selected self brokered, what is the minimum commission?

as far as I know the commission IS the difference between the two. so not same
should be 15% and 0.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I believe it's 10% self, 15% brokered and 20% syndicated, but not entirely sure. I know the BIN I mentioned above is showing 10% yet it also shows as brokered.

•••
Lol.. If Hi.com goes through then Uniregistry goes Bye Bye

Could you please explain what is the commission rates in Layman terms?

I am layman so these should be layman terms... but I can try again:

I am not with dns. I have account. been with them for whie. don't like. complicated to make offer. too many screens and confirmations. went with bodis sale lander.

but.. when I was there, I remember remembering diff between broker vs nonbroker was that one had commission the other did not. so 15% broker.. and 0 for non broker.
cheers

•••
I am layman so these should be layman terms... but I can try again:

I am not with dns. I have account. been with them for whie. don't like. complicated to make offer. too many screens and confirmations. went with bodis sale lander.

but.. when I was there, I remember remembering diff between broker vs nonbroker was that one had commission the other did not. so 15% broker.. and 0 for non broker.
cheers
It really is complicated. I was just trying for a domain name and I couldn't figure out what is what. I'll rather stick to Sedo and Afternic. Thanks for your help.

•••

I'll have to see, but it was never brought to my attention that syndication would require broker involvement.

I believe it's 10% self, 15% brokered and 20% syndicated, but not entirely sure. I know the BIN I mentioned above is showing 10% yet it also shows as brokered.

I wasn't aware of that, I'll need to look into it but as far as I was concerned it is 0% with self-broker.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back