Domain Empire

sales Unexpected windfall: Are domain owners still giving away domains for chump change?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
A very nice lady blogger wrote about her “unexpected windfall“, after selling a pair of aged domain names to a person who inquired about them.
The new owner walks away with what appears to be a nice pair of short, clean, memorable brandables and despite Ms. Rogoff being content with whatever money she received, the general consensus appears to be that she left quite a chunk of money on the proverbial table.
Some domain owners can obviously be persuaded to hand over valuable assets on the cheap. It seems that GoVocal.com is destined to become a major brand in the future, all thanks to the kindness and apparent lack of domain business acumen of its seller.
Full Article: http://domaingang.com/domain-news/u...wners-still-giving-away-domains-chump-change/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Without a potential buyer at hand, how much would you pay for go vocal.net?

•••
I'm only presuming that they secured the potential brand by purchasing both.

I have a commonly known acronym and bought it across the board (com/net/org).

•••
Well, of course. But what would you pay for govocal.com at auction? Would you borrow if you didn't have enough?

•••
Not really sure I agree with this article.... I have a hard time seeing govocal/com going for 30k , I don't care who is selling it... I mean c'mon lets get real.

Let's look at the name... Any traffic? Keyword? How would you monetize it? Brandable? Sure but for 30k, I can find you better.

I don't think 1k is bad for this name....maybe the lady is not that dumb after all......

•••
Not really sure I agree with this article.... I have a hard time seeing govocal/com going for 30k , I don't care who is selling it... I mean c'mon lets get real.

Let's look at the name... Any traffic? Keyword? How would you monetize it? Brandable? Sure but for 30k, I can find you better.

I don't think 1k is bad for this name....maybe the lady is not that dumb after all......
i know what you mean! This name is barely in the $30K range. Afterall triple premium LLL.coms are in the $30K range and this name is not close to those in market value.

But the woman could have gotten a bit more than $1K too, but pprobably no more than $10K max!

•••
Would you pay 10 for it , or may be 5? I doubt I'd bid more than 300-400 for it. Less, much more likely.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back