Dynadot

Undeveloped - Domain Descriptions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
I am wondering if anyone has written descriptions for their domain listings on Undeveloped

I personally have just listed my names there with a mixture of buy now and make offer price points.

Would it be worth writing a short description for each name?
Would it help with SEO ?
Have you any sold names that have a description?

If you have written any descriptions please share as I would be interested in seeing some examples

I have also added Undeveloped's pointers below:

What is special about this domain name?
Let your buyers know about it!
Also, a good description is excellent for Seach Engine Optimization (SEO).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
since original post I have changed all my pricing to "make offer"

•••
I prefer make offer, if you have time to wait. Way more profitable. Don’t really think you lose sales by not having a bin.

•••
not sure about seo..

otherwise descriptions should not make difference between sale or no sale.. or offer or no offer..

•••
not sure about seo..

otherwise descriptions should not make difference between sale or no sale.. or offer or no offer..
What about traffic? If you have a detailed description, could you pop up in more search results?

•••
Sure we should write an description :)

Check for example my names nice.loans or image.hosting...

I did it for part of my names, but need to expand it and do it for all my names basically....this is very important particularly when you sell new gTLDs - it helps buyers to understand more about advantages, renewals, comparables, etc.

•••
Sure we should write an description :)

Check for example my names nice.loans or image.hosting...

I did it for part of my names, but need to expand it and do it for all my names basically....this is very important particularly when you sell new gTLDs - it helps buyers to understand more about advantages, renewals, comparables, etc.
Sounds like a good time then, can’t wait to write all these descriptions.

•••
Sounds like a good time then, can’t wait to write all these descriptions.
Lol, yes, it is great mainly when you have to do it for large number of domain names :)

But..you can also copy paste - so for example, I prepare description for all my .hosting names, and then basically change just the keyword, and some details...still, lot of work, but what can one do...

•••
domains should be self explanatory. which is what makes distinction between good name and bad name...

if you have to say too much.. or anything at all.. to sell something.. then probably you just don't have a very good product on your hands.

that coupled with the fact that good buyers should and do know what they want... if they don't know.. then you probably don't have a good (as in serious) buyer to begin with. and you probably don't wanna deal with those anyway.

in short:

good domains = self explanatory
good buyers = know what they want.

jmo

•••
domains should be self explanatory. which is what makes distinction between good name and bad name...

if you have to say too much.. or anything at all.. to sell something.. then probably you just don't have a very good product on your hands.

that coupled with the fact that good buyers should and do know what they want... if they don't know.. then you probably don't have a good (as in serious) buyer to begin with. and you probably don't wanna deal with those anyway.

in short:

good domains = self explanatory
good buyers = know what they want.

jmo
Very true.
Even if you have a great name, if you can optimize your traffic or seo. Why wouldn’t you? Might increase your value or justify why your charging more.

•••
Very true.
Even if you have a great name, if you can optimize your traffic or seo. Why wouldn’t you? Might increase your value or justify why your charging more.

like I Said I am not sure about seo impact. so I won't really talk about it.

but the benefits if any may be so small that it may not be worth the time put into it.. especially when you have many names.

•••
Wrote a description for one of my domains thinking it helps with the google search but nope. It doesn't. The page won't even show up.

•••
Lol, yes, it is great mainly when you have to do it for large number of domain names :)

But..you can also copy paste - so for example, I prepare description for all my .hosting names, and then basically change just the keyword, and some details...still, lot of work, but what can one do...

That is a good point... I think if we can give some projection of how it can be used or what is its potential for buyer...it definitely makes them to lean towards buying..

Curious to know @lolwarrior how you get most of sales from... Outbound/marketplaces (which you think best marketplace) as you are mainly concentrated on ngTLDs...

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back