IT.COM

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I imagine there are technical, or business reasons (or unintended).

Not every company does is nefarious.

None-the-less. You could add "?redirected=true" to the end of your redirect to eliminate the search bar.

agreed.
not every company is out to get you and pure evil

the problem is.. you do not know which ones are and aren't... so its all up to you to ask and find out.

this is the redirect I use:

https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/{DOMAIN_NAME}?redirected=true&tld=com

so your suggestion seems already there.. and yet, searchbar still here..

thanks
cheers

•••
agreed.
not every company is out to get you and pure evil

the problem is.. you do not know which ones are and aren't... so its all up to you to ask and find out.

this is the redirect I use:

https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/{DOMAIN_NAME}?redirected=true&tld=com

so your suggestion seems already there.. and yet, searchbar still here..

thanks
cheers
That is odd. I can type the undeveloped url into my browser on any of my domains without the redirected variable and I get the bar. Then if I set the redirected query variable to true the bar goes away.

•••
•••
That is odd. I can type the undeveloped url into my browser on any of my domains without the redirected variable and I get the bar. Then if I set the redirected query variable to true the bar goes away.

don't take it the wrong way.. but your dns for those domains wouldn't accidentally be set to their company would it?

•••
Most of my domains are, but not all. Just tested one that isn't...

Well I'll be darned.. You are correct.

I'd still say not nefarious.... But your observation is correct.

Edit: Retracted below. I made a typo.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Most of my domains are, but not all. Just tested one that isn't...

Well I'll be darned.. You are correct.

I'd still say not nefarious.... But your observation is correct.

yep no worry
thanks for trying

I am sure the owner will clarify if possible.

I am sure it'd get them more people going to their landers.. if they allowed sale lander with no searchbar for redirects.. so its not a good business move not to do it for them.. so maybe you were right in saying it may not be technologically doable. I guess we'll find out soon enouhg. thanks! @Undeveloped

•••
yep no worry
thanks for trying

I am sure the owner will clarify if possible.

I am sure it'd get them more people going to their landers.. if they allowed sale lander with no searchbar for redirects.. so its not a good business move not to do it for them.. so maybe you were right in saying it may not be technologically doable. I guess we'll find out soon enouhg. thanks! @Undeveloped
Do you have one I could test on my end? (you can pm me)

•••
•••
Do you have one I could test on my end? (you can pm me)

appreciate it.. but it'd be just wasting your time

I already did all the testing... on my end.. incognito... geopeeker.. etc..

the conclusion is final:

redirect = searchbar
dns = no searchbar.

either way they also make point to say this is so somewhere on their site.. so they'd not be saying that for nothing.

let's all look forward to their reply. cheers

•••
•••
•••
thanks.
you must also have your dns set to undeveloped then.

For the first domain I checked, I did have DNS set to Undeveloped.

For the second domain I checked, I did not have DNS set to Undeveloped.

The links still worked just as @Michael M described.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

•••
appreciate it.. but it'd be just wasting your time

I already did all the testing... on my end.. incognito... geopeeker.. etc..

the conclusion is final:

redirect = searchbar
dns = no searchbar.

either way they also make point to say this is so somewhere on their site.. so they'd not be saying that for nothing.

let's all look forward to their reply. cheers
I'd love to see it just out of my curiosity. I will confirm publicly if it performs as you say. Not here to blindly support anyone. If there is an issue I'd rather see it confirmed by multiple parties.

But you can confirm worldova does not use their nameservers and is acting properly... So it would either need to be account specific, or domain specific - since I do not have the issue and you do.

I believe worldova did have their nameservers at one point -so I'd need a fresh domain from someone who has it listed at Undeveloped but never used their nameservers to see if that is where the difference is/confirm the issue.

•••
now it seems random and all over the place

all more reason to wait for their official clarification

cheers
ty

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I believe intention is:
- when visitor come from Undeveloped to your listing, search bar is there so he can continue searching if he wants, without going back to domain list
- when visitor come from your domain (redirected) then there's no search bar, because visitor is here for your domain

One tricky thing about breaking lines and HTML formatting in chat. Last time I was pushing domain to Undeveloped Dynadot account. Dynadot username format have underscores and looks like this "word_word_word".
So, I got mail from Undeveloped to push domain to this account, but in the email username looked like "wordwordword" which can be confusing for someone who doesn't check chat after recieving email.

•••
I believe intention is:
- when visitor come from Undeveloped to your listing, search bar is there so he can continue searching if he wants, without going back to domain list
- when visitor come from your domain (redirected) then there's no search bar, because visitor is here for your domain

One tricky thing about breaking lines and HTML formatting in chat. Last time I was pushing domain to Undeveloped Dynadot account. Dynadot username format have underscores and looks like this "word_word_word".
So, I got mail from Undeveloped to push domain to this account, but in the email username looked like "wordwordword" which can be confusing for someone who doesn't check chat after recieving email.

hmmm.. I think you misunderstood things a bit there bud

my recent talk about this was never about visitors from undeveloped. its all about visitors coming from outside undeveloped.. for the two cases I desribed..

- if dns set to domain, no search bar appears.
- if dns not set to domain, then search bar appears.

so just to be clear, our discussion was never about visitors from undeveloped. I am not sure what happens then really. maybe someone else can answer. for me its about using them as sale lander for visitors from typein traffic.. therefore it is not about undeveloped visitors.

cheers
ty

•••
I'd love to see it just out of my curiosity. I will confirm publicly if it performs as you say. Not here to blindly support anyone. If there is an issue I'd rather see it confirmed by multiple parties.

But you can confirm worldova does not use their nameservers and is acting properly... So it would either need to be account specific, or domain specific - since I do not have the issue and you do.

I believe worldova did have their nameservers at one point -so I'd need a fresh domain from someone who has it listed at Undeveloped but never used their nameservers to see if that is where the difference is/confirm the issue.

appreciate it

if you feel like playing around with it.. I have pretty much all my domains added to undeveloped.. minus a few "failed" additions.. which are conflicts with old user accounts.. not yet resolved with their support. so if you take anything out of my signature.. say vrflex..com
and play with it in the url, you should be able to test things.

cheers
ty

•••
•••
Sorry if I misunderstood the point but...

I don't think it has anything to do with DNS, it has to do with passed variable "redirect=true"

This domain have no DNS pointed to Undeveloped https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/nitrocars.com?redirected=true
still no searchbar if you call it like it's redirected...

well I guess its a bit inconclusive at this stage.

I know the url I gave above showed the bar for all domains I tested so far from my folio.

then maybe it seems to work for some and not for others for other people.. so not sure whats going on. which is why the only conclusive info can be given by @Undeveloped about this

for one of my domains... I still get the bar.. this one does not have their dns.. as do none of my domains now..

https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/vrflex.com?redirected=true

cheers

•••
Ah, ok, didn't see it behaves differently for some of your names. Sorry about the confusion.

•••
Ah, ok, didn't see it behaves differently for some of your names. Sorry about the confusion.

just for clarity sake.. so we're all on same page.. I was saying that it behaves differently for ALL my names actually.

thnaks ;)

Last edited:
•••
p.s. I looked up undelveoped site for info about dns vs no dns.. and they make mention in vague terms as to the difference.. so I hope they are more clear when they respond here.. but I think one can safely infer from this below, that they are refering to the searchbar.. unless you have other possibilities to think of that could lead to "more sales".. I do not.

54777765.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back